Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:13:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: armory issues  (Read 308 times)
syotis (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:02:52 AM

>:(need help here. I've purchased some bitcoins couple of weeks ago with the wallet generated by Armory. There is nowhere to be found now inside of bitcoin armory administration window. it displays ZERO on my transaction and I just don't have any access to my bitcoin or dollars I spent buying bitcoin. I have the wallet address and I can see full details of the transaction I made on Blockchain page but I can't log in there and there is no one I can contact to resolve this issue, recover my bitcoin and resume control over my money. What should I do?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 05:00:37 PM

Is Bitcoin Core fully synced? Can you please post your logs? Do you have the following in bitcoin.conf in your Bitcoin data folder?

Code:
server=1
addnode=127.0.0.1
syotis (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:58:11 PM

Where do I find this Bitcoin Core? In Bitcoin Armory Management? How to sync it? What are the logs and where to find them? Where can I find my Bitcoin data folder? I know I might be clueless here but really, I just need help because Bit Trade isn't helping me much, even though it was them taking money from me (originally)
syotis (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:07:35 PM

furthermore, every time I click on Armory Management the first message that pops out says: "Armory failed to spawn the DB! Continuing operation in offline mode instead. Refer to the dbLog.txt for more information." Where is the dbLog.txt found? Thanks for your help in advance.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:31:30 PM

In Armory, go to File -> "Export Log File". Post the resulting file. Use pastebin.com

PhoenixFire

Activity: 270
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:49:13 PM

Where do I find this Bitcoin Core? In Bitcoin Armory Management? How to sync it? What are the logs and where to find them? Where can I find my Bitcoin data folder? I know I might be clueless here but really, I just need help because Bit Trade isn't helping me much, even though it was them taking money from me (originally)
So, I get the feeling that you haven't installed Bitcoin Core (go get it). This is required for Armory to show your balance, send coins and most other common functions.
Bitcoin Core will download the blockchain (at least 165 GB of storage required) - It'll take a while to sync depending on your download speed and your hardware.
If this isn't something you're able to achieve, we can help you export your private key(s) to use in another wallet.
syotis (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:31:46 AM

https://pastebin.com/09PiP4EK
here is my Export Log File link
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:57:53 AM

1) Update Armory

2) Download Bitcoin Core and let it sync the blockchain (gonna take over a week looking at your machine)

3) You can now start Armory

syotis (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:57:33 AM

this syncing will take days to download. on top of that, it would use almost all of my hard drive space. obviously, we need to find some other solution in order to recover my wallet. I've updated Armory. however, there are still 2 other empty wallets there without the original one I used to buy bitcoin and therefore, no money visible, yet.
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:28:25 AM

If you don't want to sync Core, your only choice is to export your private keys. Any number of threads on here have the details.
syotis (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:14:52 AM

it's still syncing. It will take days by the look of it. I have two private keys in there which I didn't use and there is nothing in them. I don't see how you can do anything with either of them to find out what happened to the one we are trying to "fix"
PhoenixFire

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:31:35 PM

it's still syncing. It will take days by the look of it. I have two private keys in there which I didn't use and there is nothing in them. I don't see how you can do anything with either of them to find out what happened to the one we are trying to "fix"
Let's go from the start here. You know which addresses you've sent coins to, right? How many addresses? Do any start with a 3? Or do they all start with a 1?
syotis (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:59:34 AM

one in question starts with 1, and that's the one which was used to buy bitcoin. the other two are just seating there, never been used, and I should probably get rid of them all together.  btw, the other two start with 1 as well
PhoenixFire

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:53:13 AM

one in question starts with 1, and that's the one which was used to buy bitcoin. the other two are just seating there, never been used, and I should probably get rid of them all together.  btw, the other two start with 1 as well
Great, this is the easiest to use once exported.
I'm going to quote myself here:
In Armory, double click your wallet or select it and click "Wallet Properties".
Then choose "Backup This Wallet" on the right side. Choose Export Key Lists. Enter your passphrase to unlock the wallet.
On the right side keep the default options but check "Include Unused" and at the bottom check "Omit spaces in key data".
You have the option to save to a file, or clipboard. Be very careful with these keys.
Search for your address in the exported list. The corresponding private key (PrivBase58) will be just below it - this should be supported for import into pretty much any other bitcoin wallet.
As above, that private key is complete control of your bitcoins. Anyone gets it, they can get your coins. If you plan on holding onto them and not selling, You need to send your coins to a new wallet address once you've imported or choose to "sweep" the private key to do that in one step. If you're going to sell, just send them to your exchange asap and don't use that address again.
syotis (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:38:55 AM

My wallet address. where money was deposited, is NOT in the list on Bitcoin Wallet Management window. Only two unused are there. My original wallet is only visible on Bit Trade website, as well as on Blockchain page.
When I click one of the existing wallets in Armory (and I've tried both of them) and go to the point of entering my passphrase, IT DOES NOT ACCEPT IT. My existing passphrase is too long to fit into that little window. I don't remember using any other passphrase because I have written that one (by hand) in my notebook. In any case, the moment passphrase is not accepted I click on "cancel" button and there, in a new window "all wallet keys" I see the wallet we are after on the top of that list. There is wallet ID in there as well, however, there are no private keys displayed in there. Only two public ones "PublicX and PublicY".
At this stage, of course, I can't follow on the next step you advised me to, and the next step was this one: "Include Unused" but this next one I was able to: at the bottom check "Omit spaces in key data". I pressed "copy to clipboard" button. And that's all I did at this stage.
syotis (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:46:56 AM

btw, bitcoin core syncing is still going on. few days and nights already but because my home internet is not all that fast I use local Library when I can. This all means I have no clue when it will sync. It's still 4 years and 33 weeks behind at this stage. It says "2 days until synced" However, the same message is there over the past three days, unchanged
PhoenixFire

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:52:15 PM

My wallet address. where money was deposited, is NOT in the list on Bitcoin Wallet Management window. Only two unused are there. My original wallet is only visible on Bit Trade website, as well as on Blockchain page.
You lost me about here.
You've also said:
I've purchased some bitcoins couple of weeks ago with the wallet generated by Armory
Have you actually sent bitcoin from Bit Trade to your Armory wallet? As it stands, you are telling me that you have 2 wallets in Armory and haven't used or sent any bitcoin to either of them.

It sounds like you're conflating a bunch of terms too... simplifying: A wallet contains many addresses. An address has a corresponding public & private key.
The "ID" column, next to the "Wallet Name" and "Security" columns, in the main Armory window is not an address or a private key. Just an Armory ID.
When we're talking about a passphrase, I mean the password for the wallet that you would have chosen. If you're trying to use wallet "seed words" from elsewhere, it isn't going to work with Armory.
syotis (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:48:37 AM

Before I purchased bitcoin with Bit Trade they suggested (among other wallet providers) I use Armory. So, I did. Then, after a wallet was created I gave it to Bit trade for them to deposit my bitcoins there. Everything went well with Poli payment and my money ended on the bank account of someone called Digital Blue Solut. That was all we did. However, when I clicked Bitcoin Armory Management after the transaction was done, there was no money or bitcoins in there. At no time did I have any access or control of my money. It was like going into the air. Later on, I contacted Bit Trade to ask them why I didn't have any control of my investment (sell, buy, keep it, cash it, deposit profit to my bank account) nothing. They sent me Blockchain page showing my transaction in there. And my saga began there.
Two other wallets I created later on (actually Armory did that) to see how it works. I don't see why all this drama has unfolded with armory and Bit Trade.

You said, "Have you actually sent bitcoin from Bit Trade to your Armory wallet? As it stands, you are telling me that you have 2 wallets in Armory and haven't used or sent any bitcoin to either of them."
I didn't send anything, Bit Trade did that, with the wallet I provided them with. One that, for whatever reason, didn't end up on the Bitcoin Armory Management.
Furthermore, Why is my public wallet (used by bit trade to make the transaction) inside of Armory "all wallets" window but no access to it? Why don't I have any access to it? Why isn't my passphrase accepted by Armory? How am I going to recover my money?
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:02:04 AM

Before I purchased bitcoin with Bit Trade they suggested (among other wallet providers) I use Armory. So, I did. Then, after a wallet was created I gave it to Bit trade for them to deposit my bitcoins there. Everything went well with Poli payment and my money ended on the bank account of someone called Digital Blue Solut. That was all we did. However, when I clicked Bitcoin Armory Management after the transaction was done, there was no money or bitcoins in there. At no time did I have any access or control of my money. It was like going into the air. Later on, I contacted Bit Trade to ask them why I didn't have any control of my investment (sell, buy, keep it, cash it, deposit profit to my bank account) nothing. They sent me Blockchain page showing my transaction in there. And my saga began there.
Two other wallets I created later on (actually Armory did that) to see how it works. I don't see why all this drama has unfolded with armory and Bit Trade.

You said, "Have you actually sent bitcoin from Bit Trade to your Armory wallet? As it stands, you are telling me that you have 2 wallets in Armory and haven't used or sent any bitcoin to either of them."
I didn't send anything, Bit Trade did that, with the wallet I provided them with. One that, for whatever reason, didn't end up on the Bitcoin Armory Management.
Furthermore, Why is my public wallet (used by bit trade to make the transaction) inside of Armory "all wallets" window but no access to it? Why don't I have any access to it? Why isn't my passphrase accepted by Armory? How am I going to recover my money?

What?

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:04:11 AM

1) Did you give bitwhatever an address or a wallet?

2) If you gave them a wallet, detail the steps.

3) You say they showed you a transaction on a webpage. Link this if there's no login needed to see it.

Define "public wallet" and "access".

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: