Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people look at their portfolio value in bitcoin rather than Fiat?  (Read 110 times)
karamoris (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:24:55 AM

My portfolio is up in bitcoin!” But it’s down in fiat. It seems to be a way for people to bury their heads in the sand and pretend they haven’t lost. It’s a safe space. The fact remains that if you want to buy a lambo, you may be able to use bitcoin, but they will look at the fiat value. So stop kidding yourselves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:30:56 AM

Because they believe the price will bounce back. That's pretty much the entire rationale behind the buying the dip mantra. No one's kidding themselves, and not everyone is in it for the Lambo lol.

CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:52:46 AM

Bitcoin is not legally endorse by government, even we do a very strong complained about the system and the price, it is all nothing because bitcoin is powered by private business management and we don't know who really that person, their profile is totally hidden, all we can do are totally followed the rules and adopt the total system value of bitcoin. But if bitcoin will legally endorse by government that's the time that all our complaints will automatically have a legal actions.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:05:13 AM

I'm sure there are many different type traders. Some of them want to increase the Bitcoin value, and in other hands, some traders just want to have an increasing amount FIAT.
Markzuckertion

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:06:02 AM

Fiat is really unfair economy system. The value always decrease once new fiat printed. Usually government prints fiat in excess thats why inflation is about 0.5-3% every years in some countries. Bitcoin is different it's just like gold. Bitcoin now still on early phase of adoption so when more people get involved in use bitcoin then the value will increase.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:39:14 AM

My portfolio is up in bitcoin!” But it’s down in fiat.
I don't think that has been a possible scenario in the past week or so because altcoins are going down. and going down means they not only lose their fiat value but also they lose their BTC value. I have not seen any coin that has not done this so far apart from a couple that were being pumped which means they went up both against bitcoin and fiat alike!

It seems to be a way for people to bury their heads in the sand and pretend they haven’t lost. It’s a safe space. The fact remains that if you want to buy a lambo, you may be able to use bitcoin, but they will look at the fiat value. So stop kidding yourselves.
as I said these people's portfolio is also going down against bitcoin.
but generally speaking people look at their "portfolio" value in terms of bitcoin because in the end they will dump all of them to get bitcoin and in long term the ones holding more bitcoin are richer than the ones holding lots of altcoins that decline in value in long term.

Only Bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: