Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:13:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain-based property development using solar energy. Thoughts?  (Read 108 times)
ontech (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:38:24 AM

Hi guys,

Me and my team got and idea, which I’d like to share with you and get your feedback whether it makes sense at all.

So, we thought of developing a luxury hotel chain in Southern Europe (Cyprus, Portugal, etc.) with apartment hotels and villas, where people could stay for a holiday or buy a property. All the properties would be energy efficient eco villas with the solar panels installed. This way the complex would be reducing its environmental impact of its energy use, and also, the property owners would be able to sell the solar energy they don’t use back to the holding company. All the payments - rental payments, real property purchases, payment for related services (tours, car rentals, etc.) - would be made either in fiat money at market prices or in newly introduced tokens with a perceived discount (almost at cost price), making the token an attractive currency for investors and traders, and ensuring the growth of its value on crypto exchanges.

A huge work is still required to develop a business model, a token model, and so on. This is just the idea in bare outlines, and I thought of collecting the first feedback from the people into crypto before taking any steps. I would appreciate your comments!  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ontech (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:56:48 PM

So far, no comments  Roll Eyes Trying my luck one more time...
asayoyaasa
Copper Member

Activity: 648
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:08:39 PM

How much space do you have ? Cause if you want that solar panel run all electricity for a hotel will take size of football court, your roof top not that big i guess,  and southern europe not have that much of sun light though (correct me if im wrong with this one)

This is my main account. My alt account for bounty report in the future >> asa crypto info
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:44:10 PM

This will definitely need a huge space for deployment and a huge money for funding. Nevertheless, this is a good idea. The solar panels   battery banks, charge controllers and all the tiny circuitry to be used may be quite expensive at first, but since it is renewable energy, is worth it at the end. I suggest that you deploy this in a tropical country where you can maximize the use of solar energy. Good luck with this!

ontech (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:30:50 PM

How much space do you have ? Cause if you want that solar panel run all electricity for a hotel will take size of football court, your roof top not that big i guess,  and southern europe not have that much of sun light though (correct me if im wrong with this one)
Thank you for your interest! In reply to your questions:

We though of acquiring a land plot measuring approximately 10.000 m2. About 40-60% of that size would be developed, thus giving us about 4.000-6.000 m2 roofs, and around 85% could be used as a space for solar panels. According to our calculations, to generate 1 kW of energy, for instance, on Cyprus, you'll need about 10 m2 of panels. Therefore, we'll be able to get around 350-500 kW from such square. This capacity should be more than enough for a moderate-size hotel of 30-40 rooms and 10-15 villas.

We are also consulting with a few companies regarding the expense portion of the project to make sure our calculations are correct.
ontech (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:03:59 PM

This will definitely need a huge space for deployment and a huge money for funding. Nevertheless, this is a good idea. The solar panels   battery banks, charge controllers and all the tiny circuitry to be used may be quite expensive at first, but since it is renewable energy, is worth it at the end. I suggest that you deploy this in a tropical country where you can maximize the use of solar energy. Good luck with this!
Thank you for your valuable comments and kind wishes!

We actually were thinking about starting from Southern Europe, however we’re evaluating different options and should give your idea with tropics a thought  Smiley
hoodi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:06:27 PM

I don't trust in solar panels and they can be profitable at the current stage. It all sounds good for investors but I am afraid reality will be different as always.

ontech (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:26:49 PM

I don't trust in solar panels and they can be profitable at the current stage. It all sounds good for investors but I am afraid reality will be different as always.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We understand that to make the idea not just sound good, but also come out good in reality, proper calculations and analysis are required. And we're not going live without doing our 'home work' first  Smiley
nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:43:11 PM

Hi guys,

Me and my team got and idea, which I’d like to share with you and get your feedback whether it makes sense at all.

So, we thought of developing a luxury hotel chain in Southern Europe (Cyprus, Portugal, etc.) with apartment hotels and villas, where people could stay for a holiday or buy a property. All the properties would be energy efficient eco villas with the solar panels installed. This way the complex would be reducing its environmental impact of its energy use, and also, the property owners would be able to sell the solar energy they don’t use back to the holding company. All the payments - rental payments, real property purchases, payment for related services (tours, car rentals, etc.) - would be made either in fiat money at market prices or in newly introduced tokens with a perceived discount (almost at cost price), making the token an attractive currency for investors and traders, and ensuring the growth of its value on crypto exchanges.

A huge work is still required to develop a business model, a token model, and so on. This is just the idea in bare outlines, and I thought of collecting the first feedback from the people into crypto before taking any steps. I would appreciate your comments!  Wink
You have a very great idea,you can try to develop it when you have resources because creating a cryptocurrency coin is very hard thing to do tha needs a lot of time and money,but im sure if you really determined to create one you will find a way to get it started,but i like your idea because there still no project like that before,i will surely support this project because it has a good intention for our environment.

ontech (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:00:37 PM

You have a very great idea,you can try to develop it when you have resources because creating a cryptocurrency coin is very hard thing to do tha needs a lot of time and money,but im sure if you really determined to create one you will find a way to get it started,but i like your idea because there still no project like that before,i will surely support this project because it has a good intention for our environment.
Thank you very much for being so supportive - I truly appreciate that  Wink Getting a feedback like yours is the best fuel to drive us to our goal!
ontech (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:19:16 PM

By the way, experts in renewable energy and blockchain technology (and other experts in other areas that can bring value to the project) are welcome to join the team  Smiley Please PM for the details in you're interested
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: