Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:42:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Mining ETH With RX Vega 64  (Read 138 times)
TheRealSelector (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:02:27 AM

So I have been mining ETN (Electroneum, altcoin forked off of Monero) with my RX Vega 64 (4x Units) Rig.

I have decided to switch to Ethereum and mine with Claymore but every time I run the miner, it mines for about 5 minutes and then the system just restarts on it’s own…

I am currently using the “Regedit files” mentioned in the reddit post to mine Monero, maybe this is causing an issue ?

Please help
Thank you
Ranger4R

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:45:09 AM

well, there is difference in power consumption when VEGA is mining ETN and ETH
when it is mining ETH the power soak is much more, I think in dual mode it is about 250-280W, while on ETN 150-160W
so a big difference, are you sure your PowerSupply can handle it?
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 12:12:12 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 06:54:58 PM by xxcsu

Vega 64 from out the box ,without any tune,  mining ETH, can draw around 260-280 Watts at the wall ... During dual mining the power draw can go a little bit higher .
If you set the power limit to -30% , you cards power draw at the wall during ETH mining will be around 190 watts , and you are still able to hash around 34MH/s . You can push the power limit lower , let say to -40% , then your cards at the wall going to pull around 160-165 watts , but with -40% power limit you might going to lose a few MH/s hashing speed on ETH .
When you are mining ETN , or XMR , your Vega 64 pulling much less power at the wall .
Also if you have any tune (power limit , overclocking/unervolting) set for ETN mining , thats probably not going to work stable to mine ETH.

So the question is what causing your rig restarts ?

- Its can be your psu , if you did not used any software to reduce the power limit on your cards , you should have 1300-1500 watts high quality PSU, if you are lowered the power limit for your cards, then you should be fine with a 1000 - 1200 watts psu.
- Maybe You find  a stable tune for your cards to mine ETN , and you need a different settings to mine ETH
- Im not sure what "Regedit files" you are talking about , would be great if you posting that file so we can see Smiley ,  im not using any regedit file and im mining just fine with my VEGA's...

If next time you are asking for help , please post your full system spec , that way you might get useful answers , suggestions faster Wink

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: