Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:17:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3+ - What would you mine and why ?  (Read 451 times)
Dragonizer (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:14:17 PM

Hi

I've had a boxed L3+ sitting here for weeks and finally have a place to host, i only mine BTC/BCH atm and have not mined scrypt for years.

Would you mine Litecoin or a similare coin, or mine on likes of Nicehash and get paid in BTC ??

Any thoughts.

Cheers
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:29:31 PM

Anyone ??
BaNgTHai

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:51:23 PM

Depends on how many you have to play with. If you have a lot of them and want to take some risk mine some shitcoins. But if you want to play safe and dont really want to mess with changing coin just mine LTC. Some people jus mine what every is most profitable for the day and buy what ever coin they want to hodl.
.F.

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:06:36 PM
Merited by Dragonizer (1)

Depends on how many you have to play with. If you have a lot of them and want to take some risk mine some shitcoins. But if you want to play safe and dont really want to mess with changing coin just mine LTC. Some people jus mine what every is most profitable for the day and buy what ever coin they want to hodl.

Use ahashpool.com
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:49:06 PM

Yea, i only have one, i run all S9's mainly....

I've looked at Multipool aut-profit switching (used to use it back in 2010/11) before i switched to Asic...

It used to be that the most profitable coin was mined and kept on the site and you had to withdraw to an exchange....(God a i had a DOGE back then !!!)

But now it seems you need an an address for EVERY coin !!! That's madness, may as well send to an exchange...UNless it's LTC or a common coin.

??
Seraka

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:54:25 PM

interesting for me, will follow because i just ordered one L3+... my first asic
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:07:37 PM

Use ahashpool.com

Looks good, shame there is no backup pool or anyway to monitor the miner (it will be remote from me), or will that appear when i type my wallet address in here - https://ahashpool.com/get_wallet.php

ALSO

can you confirm if this is correct please -

URL - stratum+tcp://<scrypt>.mine.ahashpool.com:<3433>
USERNAME - BTC address
PASSWORD - 123 (ANYTHING)

or

URL - stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.ahashpool.com:3433
USERNAME - BTC address
PASSWORD - 123 (ANYTHING)

Cheers
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:30:17 AM

Anyone confirm this ?

Miners are remote to me...

Cheers
danialzo

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:34:16 AM

I made a mistake and order L3+ March Batch 3 and no I regret it! The LTC difficulty went too high and the price has dipped badly. I'll probably sell it off once I receive it.
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:59:22 PM

I made a mistake and order L3+ March Batch 3 and no I regret it! The LTC difficulty went too high and the price has dipped badly. I'll probably sell it off once I receive it.

I ordered x7 D3's whilst coming home after a few to many !!!

Thought they were where new S9's @ 19.3Th.....lol

Lost £1000's, import tax was crazy, they are still in the box.
onegiantcock
Copper Member

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:26:54 AM

I use profit switching between zpool, zergpool, dutch-mining, multipool & ahashpool - depending on who's paying highest.  You can get average $6/day (right now) on average. without profit switching, expect to get half that.
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:34:53 AM

I use profit switching between zpool, zergpool, dutch-mining, multipool & ahashpool - depending on who's paying highest.  You can get average $6/day (right now) on average. without profit switching, expect to get half that.

How can you set pool it to auto-switch pools, i know ashapool is am auto switch pool in itself but surely you must use some program to do this ??
Spogdna

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:52:18 AM

I mine here and it swichts automatically to the most profitable coin. Then you can set an autoexchange to bitcoin or whatever.
It sometimes profits up to twice the values of whattomine!! Grin

https://www.mining-dutch.nl
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:10:53 PM

I mine here and it swichts automatically to the most profitable coin. Then you can set an autoexchange to bitcoin or whatever.
It sometimes profits up to twice the values of whattomine!! Grin

https://www.mining-dutch.nl

Are right, so you are just using ONE of the autoswitch pools you listed above, in your description it came across as you was some how switching between them, i had better returns from Ashapool..
undataka

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:49:32 AM

with awsome miner?
FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:43:58 PM

I ordered x7 D3's whilst coming home after a few to many !!!

Thought they were where new S9's @ 19.3Th.....lol

Lost £1000's, import tax was crazy, they are still in the box.

Oh dear lol
Benutzer2

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:52:57 PM

Verge... because it means penis in french.
Mezze

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:10:20 PM

Still mining Litecoin. I don't want to gamble with shitcoins.
bminer.ca

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 04:17:14 PM

How can you set pool it to auto-switch pools, i know ashapool is am auto switch pool in itself but surely you must use some program to do this ??
I am going to ship a new software that does exactly that, later this week.

Based on my months of trial, L3+ are most of the time more profitable at miningdutch than anywhere else (I am not affiliated with them, just saw that by experience)...
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:19:34 PM

You should just mine litecoin and keep it as LTC. Diversification of holdings is always the way to go.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: