Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:49:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calming the FUD around G20 and regulations.  (Read 263 times)
preshpr1nce (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:50:00 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

So we've seen all the FUD going around recently, but the main one in terms of any impact is the regulation discussions coming from the G20 tomorrow (6th of feb)
First, it seems a lot of people don't actually understand what regulation means, all commodities on this planet are regulated, regulation is has many benefits, no shady exchanges, people being held liable for ICO rip offs etc, this is the opposite direction from a ban and in my eyes = acceptance of crypto currency, now for some reason people are saying this is the end, they view regulation = ban, this is 100% wrong and pure FUD, all talks of banning it are due to lack of regulation, so put that together.

Now if we look at other commodities, gold, forex profits etc, this falls under capital gains tax, look up your countries tax laws to see where this fits, for me as an Australian, capital gains tax is less than I pay on my salary, unless ofcourse I end up making millions, in that case so be it, USA is similar.

Now let's look at what's being said, the french finance minister, Bruno Le Maire is the one pushing the agenda at G20, let's see what he has to say:

The use of this new technology will allow fintech firms and other financial actors to develop new ways of trading securities that are faster, cheaper, more transparent and safer.

Technology is quickening productivity at an unprecedented rate, which presents both opportunities and challenges. We want to ensure that adopting technological advances does not lead to economic exclusion or other negative side effects

Do these comments sound negative to you? if so explain away Smiley

As for impact, if this were to go through and go under capital gains tax, a lot of whales will have to pay 25-30% tax, sounds like a lot but look at what 1 single correction can do to the market, or look at the gains that can be made in 1 month, it makes 30% over 1 year look like peanuts.

In my eyes, if this goes through, bare in mind it won't overnight.. it'll be the final bump before the next big thing.

Nothing will change around the fact that BTC has limited supply and demand will drive it's price, it's decentralised there for price cannot be controlled.

Surely I'm not the only one with views like this, would love to hear what others have to say.
zombies

Activity: 245
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

Regulation or ban both will affect crypto. With regulations you will not see these kinda prices again and btc will have to start from ground zero. End is nigh.
1r0n1c

Activity: 1050
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:59:12 PM

Regulation or ban both will affect crypto. With regulations you will not see these kinda prices again and btc will have to start from ground zero. End is nigh.

dude can you please shut the f**k up?
you're just spreading FUD so get off and have a real life... dumbass
zombies

Activity: 245
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:07:19 PM

I am worried about your innocence dude. These whales are f$#king you real bad.
preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:10:24 PM

I am worried about your innocence dude. These whales are f$#king you real bad.

As this guy said, please f**k right off out of here, you state nothing but dribble, I won't even ask you to explain your statements as we've all seen your approach, no logic just dribble, keep out of this thread please.

a helpful person doesn't act as p*ss poor as yourself.

Let's keep this thread real, keep the FUD out and back up our statements.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:54:12 PM

Regulation is not equal of ban.

All news will affect the market in its current state, but some soft regulations are not bad. They will add some legitimacy over all coins and new people will have  comfort entering the markets.
vanmoreno

Activity: 359
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:34:31 PM

i thinks regulations also mean a great wall, may be its protecting but there is no freedom..no decentralization.
Krister--

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:33:40 PM

They will not be able to enforce the restrictions for all eternity. Cryptocurrency cant be stopped, it is the future!
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:42:08 PM

Personally i think after this event we will see reversal and uptrend as the effect of all the negativity and fud will be absorbed by the market, people sitting outside the fence will take positions, this is my own opinion and my gut feeling.

pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:48:30 PM

You don't seem to understand cryptos: you can regulate traditional exchanges, but you cannot regulate cryptos. Cryptos have introduced a paradigm change where technologies are developed that escapes any form of central regulation: decentralized, distributed exchanges (i.e. Bisq), highly anonymous, privacy focused coins (i.e. XPSPEC), distributed governance solutions etc. etc.

So no, this is just the beginning, not the end.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:14:54 PM

The fact that the G20 are discussing crypto is a BIG (no HUGE) PLUS to me.  It is a sign of recognition and acknowledgement that it cannot be ignored anymore.  

Once the world see crypto in a good light, we will be in for a major change. Smiley
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:39:00 PM

The fact that the G20 are discussing crypto is a BIG (no HUGE) PLUS to me.  It is a sign of recognition and acknowledgement that it cannot be ignored anymore. 

Once the world see crypto in a good light, we will be in for a major change. Smiley

I really agree on your point of view. it's just that the government has some reasons why they keep banning cryptos but not all country will do that because they are serious about this matters, well cryptos will stay and we should hodl our precious coins.
Washball

Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:48:32 PM

Crypto being decentralized means there should be no regulations from any government. But it now seems necessary, there are too many scams and exchanges should be kept an eye on. So, maybe we can live with some mild regulations. Of course governments want to have their share and maybe we'll be taxed.

ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:14:24 PM

Crypto being decentralized means there should be no regulations from any government. But it now seems necessary, there are too many scams and exchanges should be kept an eye on. So, maybe we can live with some mild regulations. Of course governments want to have their share and maybe we'll be taxed.
When you cash out you are already being taxed here.
I agree that it would stop scammers and maybe people can put a bit more trust in exchanges.
We just have to be careful about that data.

rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:16:44 AM

We are now at the 2nd stage of accepting crypto currency and blockchain revolution. Regulation is one of the key to achieve the highest potential of all crypto and its community. After this regulation thing we can expect that government and bank will start to acknowledge legitimate crypto currency and i believe one of that is bitcoin.

preshpr1nce (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:55:11 AM

I agree with what many are saying here, you cannot fully regulate a decentralized system like crypto, but here's just a few things they may look to do:

- Enforce law where prepaid credit cards are not allowed to buy crypto
- ID must be required by all people participating on an exchange
- People will pay yearly tax on holdings
- They may go as far as banning stealth coins from operating on centralized exchanges, DEX will sort this out.
- Auditing of ICOs

None of the above is bad, cements crypto and brings faith/trust to it, I know people who won't go near it due to lack of regulation

nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5716

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:15:12 AM

I don't know why is this in the Altcoin Speculation Board but maybe because of its relation to the current market cap.
Talks about regulations are present even at the highest value of the crypto market, making the FUD about market regulations indirectly linked to the current dump.

You are right about the positives of regulations, we need it in order to control the huge amount of scam attempts.
What most people are concerned are the possibility of Governments taking control over the Blockchain rather than just the exchanges, ICO and wallet services, which is impossible. But overall, what they really care is the possible cut from their profits.

The fear of the unknown always drives us.

- People will pay yearly tax on holdings
This is bad, they didn't own it, we are not making money out of our hodlings.
Taxes on Tradings and ICO is a must, ofcourse.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████