Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:58:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoind error after BUcash installed  (Read 168 times)
MrCrank (OP)

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:08:32 PM

Hi,

I have Bitcoind (bitcoin core node) on my VPS/ubuntu.

I tried install bitcoin unlimited node (BUcash).

After installing I try run my bitcoin core and see error:
Code:
~# bitcoind: main.cpp:3110: void PruneBlockIndexCandidates(): Assertion `!setBlockIndexCandidates.empty()' failed.

What happen?
I can't run my bitcoin core, How export private key in this case?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:14:01 PM

Hi,

Code:
~# bitcoind: main.cpp:3110: void PruneBlockIndexCandidates(): Assertion `!setBlockIndexCandidates.empty()' failed.

What happen?

Thanks.

Did you change the default directory bitcoin unlimited used before installing?
Is that the only error in the debug.log. if so, you'll have to run bitcoin core with the -reindex command and try not to run clients of forked coins on the same device without ensuring the default directories will overlap.
MrCrank (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:21:52 PM

Hi,

Code:

What happen?

Thanks.

Is that the only error in the debug.log. if so, you'll have to run bitcoin core with the -reindex command and try not to run clients of forked coins on the same device without ensuring the default directories will overlap.

No, not made it Sad I think that bitcoin unlimited changed files of original bitcoin..
This error in console after start bitcoind.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:00:41 PM

Hi,

Code:

What happen?

Thanks.

No, not made it Sad I think that bitcoin unlimited changed files of original bitcoin..

Yes it does that often. If you have a different machine or a VM run it on there. The bu client is made to use the same default directory (presumably due to a shoddy developer not changing the default directory it should use). If you don't have a separate computer. Load a script/shortcut to make it use a specific datadir.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:45:20 PM

Hi,

Code:

What happen?

Thanks.

Yes it does that often. If you have a different machine or a VM run it on there. The bu client is made to use the same default directory (presumably due to a shoddy developer not changing the default directory it should use). If you don't have a separate computer. Load a script/shortcut to make it use a specific datadir.

I thought that Bitcoin Unlimited used a separate folder by default, and it was Bitcoin ABC that used the same "Bitcoin" folder (as in "%appdata%/Bitcoin" if you are a Windows user).

I suffered this myself then I installed Bitcoin ABC in a computer that already had Bitcoin Core installed. I found out the hard way as when Bitcoin ABC overwrited files and destroyed my blockchain files. Luckily I didn't put my wallet.dat on there.

These fork developers are real jackasses, they should inform with big red letters that if an existing client is installed, it will overwrite existing files as it will install in the same path. A lot of newbies have got screwed by this or even worse, sending BTC to BCH addresses as the format is exactly the same.

I wouldn't even trust VM isolation. Pick up a cheap laptop to install altcoin software if you can afford it.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 06:24:09 PM

Could you solve this problem by using a different external SSD for each coin?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:37:19 PM
Merited by MrCrank (1)

Could you solve this problem by using a different external SSD for each coin?

Yes but you'd still need to remember to run it with the datadir command each time.
If you have an internal ssd big enough, you can make desktop shortcuts for it and set their images to the logo of the corosponding wallet and give them a good name so you won't get them mixed up anywhere.

Even if you put the datadir somewhere once, you need to keep reminding it as it looks for the config file in the same place and unless you try extensively fiddling with file permissions and links then it's not going to work just changing the datadir once.

~

I thought that Bitcoin Unlimited used a separate folder by default, and it was Bitcoin ABC that used the same "Bitcoin" folder (as in "%appdata%/Bitcoin" if you are a Windows user).

I suffered this myself then I installed Bitcoin ABC in a computer that already had Bitcoin Core installed. I found out the hard way as when Bitcoin ABC overwrited files and destroyed my blockchain files. Luckily I didn't put my wallet.dat on there.

These fork developers are real jackasses, they should inform with big red letters that if an existing client is installed, it will overwrite existing files as it will install in the same path. A lot of newbies have got screwed by this or even worse, sending BTC to BCH addresses as the format is exactly the same.

I wouldn't even trust VM isolation. Pick up a cheap laptop to install altcoin software if you can afford it.

Nope, it does it on a lot of them.
Bitcoin Unlimited was the first to catch my attention by it. I'm not sure if any before them do it. (I've had litecoin core installed but I no longer use default data directories due to this issue - that's much safer of an option). Instead I use a different path for everything and then if I don't get a message box saying that there is an error and it goes back to resyncing from the start, I know I've loaded it wrong.
I was told the issue with BU had been fixed, but I'm not trusting that myself and doubt it was even true.

You're right about the VM thing, however, dual booting the computer with another operating system just for the altcoins might be a good idea if you can't afford another computer. I'd dual boot from an external hard drive though so you don't accidently make a mistake and put something on the wrong one.
MrCrank (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:35:31 AM

Why speed synchronization is very low?
Loaded 270458 blocks only.. waiting few hours.
What need change setting for fast load?

Code:
    [version] => 1020001
    [protocolversion] => 80003
    [walletversion] => 60000
    [balance] => 0
    [blocks] => 270458
    [timeoffset] => 0
    [connections] => 12
    [proxy] =>
    [difficulty] => 609482679.88835
    [testnet] =>
    [keypoololdest] => 1517844303
    [keypoolsize] => 101
    [paytxfee] => 0
    [relayfee] => 1.0E-5
    [status] => ready
    [errors] =>
    [fork] => Bitcoin Cash
MrCrank (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:56:48 AM

Ok, BUcash node damaged bitcoin node files and installed ./bitcoin folder.
I saved wallet.dat.

I use ubuntu and want try to install original bitcoin node and recover my wallet.
How can I install in new folder for example ./bitcoinA.
(default folder ./bitcoin again)

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: