Merit: 1258

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:44:40 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2023, 08:35:48 PM by kingcolex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:56:55 PM

Don't forget.

http://business.financialpost.com/technology/big-changes-coming-as-bitcoin-futures-trading-etfs-launch

Bitcoin is about to get put to the test as the first mainstream exchanges prepare to launch futures trading and ETFs
sjefdeklerk

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:40:53 PM

Don't forget.

http://business.financialpost.com/technology/big-changes-coming-as-bitcoin-futures-trading-etfs-launch

Bitcoin is about to get put to the test as the first mainstream exchanges prepare to launch futures trading and ETFs

How does that 'put bitcoin to the test' ? It's a future ETF, not a bitcoin ETF.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:49:23 PM

Don't forget.

How does that 'put bitcoin to the test' ? It's a future ETF, not a bitcoin ETF.

Some may view bitcoin is facing a make it or break situation. As the starting foundation of crytpo it will be in the spotlight.

With all the recent news many new to bitcoin are willing to jump in head first into shallow waters blinded by greed.

At the moment fraudulent ICO's and other issues have proven the need of further clarity and expectations when it comes to investments.

Having traditional platforms become the new norm will test its "metal" in the minds of more traditional and safe portfolio investors.

Expect things like the above to be the testing grounds for how it will survive in the eyes of these old school investors.

Tomorrow will be another milestone. Read more here.

https://coingape.com/why-february-6th-is-significant-for-cryptocurrency-market/
sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:58:50 PM

The meeting is next week it says in your link.

Anyway I doubt a future based ETF will have any impact at all. If it was coin based, sure, it would be a big thing. But the SEC already said they don't like coin based.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:08:48 PM

Anyway I doubt a future based ETF will have any impact at all. If it was coin based, sure, it would be a big thing. But the SEC already said they don't like coin based.

It won't have that much of an impact, but it contributes to Bitcoin's utility, and that's the most important aspect. Eventually I believe that funds based on actual coin quantity will do end up significantly impacting the market in a positive manner. The more coins these funds will contain, the lower the number of available on-exchange coins will be -- that's how you actually impact the market. All these futures are a bit of a gimmick it seems. I initially was quite excited about futures, but now there is barely any mentioning worthy volume on CBOE and CME, where it's not even picking up, it seems that it's just a fuss. This by far doesn't justify the market to be bought up all the way till near $20k, so no wonder the market is disappointed.
sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:11:53 PM

The more coins these funds will contain, the lower the number of available on-exchange coins will be

But that's what I just said: these etf's will NOT be coins based, they will NOT acquire coins, but futures instead. So the impact on the market is 0.
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:18:28 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 05:32:11 PM by Sitarow

The more coins these funds will contain, the lower the number of available on-exchange coins will be

But that's what I just said: these etf's will NOT be coins based, they will NOT acquire coins, but futures instead. So the impact on the market is 0.

I shared my perspective free of charge. Little to no accountability on existing exchange platforms are going to soon be a thing of the past.

Soon we should expect to see regular 1 to 1 reserve and perhaps quarterly audits to verify there is no fractional reserve trading going on.

There is nothing wrong to have different opinions Cheesy

Oh and forgot to add: "On February 6, the Senate Banking Committee will be held and broadcasted live online" that is tomorrow

" update" You are correct it is re-scheduled for the 14th
http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/pr7690-18

sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:22:57 PM

The market players exchanges will though, when Robinhood launches crypto we will see a premium on there I'm sure until enough supply moves over to there, pulling from other exchanges. When others see how many people are trading on Robinhood (a company the others are already stressing about) they'll have discussions of their own cryptocurrency exchanges. This doesn't just power supply on each exchange but it increases standard market investors ease of buying and sure will increase demand.

How does an exchange have impact on a price?
Sitarow
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:26:18 PM

The market players exchanges will though, when Robinhood launches crypto we will see a premium on there I'm sure until enough supply moves over to there, pulling from other exchanges. When others see how many people are trading on Robinhood (a company the others are already stressing about) they'll have discussions of their own cryptocurrency exchanges. This doesn't just power supply on each exchange but it increases standard market investors ease of buying and sure will increase demand.

How does an exchange have impact on a price?

Coin supply vs demand Smiley once you have to hold reserves and are frequently audited that you comply there is less fractional reserve trading going on.

Kraken is one such exchange that had audits to prove BTC balances were 1 to 1.

Here ends today's master class session Cheesy
sjefdeklerk

SODL

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

Coin supply vs demand Smiley once you have to hold reserves and are frequently audited that you comply there is less fractional reserve trading going on.

Kraken is one such exchange that had audits to prove BTC balances were 1 to 1.

Here ends today's master class session Cheesy

Huh Have to hold reserves? An exchange holds its members coins, no reserves.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:00:56 PM

99% of them will chicken the fuck out when it comes to actually buying low. They'll wait until it's 50 grand a piece before going in. That's how humans operate.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:31:57 PM

Humans are scared, no one wants to lose money but to be fair its pretty fucking obvious we will have a bull run when this turns on.

Nah. It'll perhaps facilitate a bull run some day. This won't save anything at present. People will stay away. The momentum is towards oblivion for now and nothing will hold it back. It's what the price wants to do.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:36:14 PM

I disagree, we will see tons of demand spike when it launches.

It would be cool if it happened, but I wouldn't go betting the farm on it. I don't think action like this can be stopped in its tracks and turned with a few cool developments. It will pay off some day though.
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:54:44 PM

This is the market we are waiting to open, zero trading charges and i am sure this will be the biggest crypto exchange in the world,we had our good times when there were Chinese exchanges with zero trading fees but since they are all closed,Robin Hood will be the next big thing to open taking into consideration their history with stock market and how successful they are.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:58:07 PM

This is the market we are waiting to open, zero trading charges and i am sure this will be the biggest crypto exchange in the world

If I remember right it's only going to be available in 5 US states. I assume that's an initial launch. I wish it well. I still think it will pay off considerably further down the line rather than soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: