Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining going to die soon?  (Read 1830 times)
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:39:00 AM

These days are difficult for mining, like in the 2017 begining.
But mining can reborn later.

Current market trends more closely mirror of 2014 than 2017.  New year price spike followed by a long decline until flattening out the next year.  I hope we're not in for a two year crytpo-depression.
I was lucky to buy in July 2015, at the bottom the previous market cycle.

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
ASIC Miners

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:41:41 AM

Everyone keeps asking the same shit again I've been mining for 4 years and every time the markets start to go down all you here is mining is going to die well I'll be here mining till the shit is dead or I'm dead see most ppl don't get it a lot of us are here because we love crypto and what it stands for not the money that's just a bonus also ETH is just one coin out of well I can't count them all
Haha yes it's like deja vu every single time
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:52:43 AM

With this current price, mining still not profitable if you pay electricity at @$0.1/kWh
so, i have a plan to hold coin until market recovery.
If not, maybe i decide to surrender Smiley
hunterx2525th

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:04:34 AM

I don't think it will die we have more new altcoin every day for mining.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:12:25 AM

Everyone keeps asking the same shit again I've been mining for 4 years and every time the markets start to go down all you here is mining is going to die well I'll be here mining till the shit is dead or I'm dead see most ppl don't get it a lot of us are here because we love crypto and what it stands for not the money that's just a bonus also ETH is just one coin out of well I can't count them all
I still profit after calculated electricity bill and still save my profit in the wallet. still can buy GPU 2 pieces/month. profit or no depending your financial Management .when to sell coins, when to hold the coin. and when to switch coins manually. and depending on your management maintenance Rig. Good management of maintenance very influences to your profit.
whycrypto

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:22:26 AM

There will always be new coins to mine so I don't think gpu will ever die. Asic's are so specialized, they seem to go obsolete pretty quickly.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:56:56 AM

With this current price, mining still not profitable if you pay electricity at @$0.1/kWh
It depend on the people on how they will handle mining. Lets say, it is hard for mining to die because their are many people who are still doing this. They are still holding their coins because of this lower price. But mining will be last long, I guess because helping people is the gosl of mining, so it is really impossible that mining will die.
FullMooon

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:06:32 AM

Well As long there;s a cryptocurrency Mining cant be die so dont be afraid on that someone will do and think a solution about it. Patience And observation is the key trust Cryptocurrency Trust People who want to share knowledge to get all of us a profit. while thinking about mining will die try to invest and save money.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:35:09 AM

How soon will you take into consideration OP? not just because this coin will convert into PoS means that every coins will turn as well, there's still profitable coin that will show up and mining will continue not unless the whole industry will declared that they will stop the chain, I still believe that
it wont affect the entire industry if Eth will turn to PoS another project will step up just like what Zcash for example and those coins that's still works
with mining algo..
dohfish

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:42:16 AM

How can you say that? Even here, paying 0.33USD per KWH im making more in profits than im paying for power - Show me any kind of business that can run on profit margins like that, to be realistic you should not really expect more than 20-30% off your total income as profits after you have paid your expenses, anything above that is MORE than good from a investment perspective.
halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:05:53 AM

Gpu mining died in 2012 and again in 2013 yet we grasp the last bit of cryptos with all we have it really doesn't matter how many times gpu mining dies as long as there are devs and miners we do what we do.
ismehmood

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:35:53 AM

Mining with gpu wont die the coming years. This year en coming year it will reacht its top. Sure it is not profitable with coins like ETH or Bitcoin. But using your rig to mine a coin that is still in it young days can be very profitable in the future.
Riptide_NVN

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:29:39 PM

With prices in the toilet at least I won't owe the IRS a lot of income tax on this.  So I got that going for me.   Grin
Digital Drug Lord

Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:35:55 PM

9 Vega 64 now struggle to make $9 a day

Think about that...

4 1080tis struggle to make $10 a day

Think about that....

Now ask your self will a Vega 64 ever go back to $499 in price?
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:38:34 PM

Think about that...

Think about that....

Your problem is you that you think too much about it in fiat.  Who gives a fuck about fiat?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Digital Drug Lord

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:29:56 PM

Think about that...

Think about that....

Your problem is you that you think too much about it in fiat.  Who gives a fuck about fiat?

because $4000 worth of video cards struggles to make $9 a day. thats why

$4000 worth  of mining equipment  plus electricity cost for barley $9 a day? explain to me how the fuck anyone can decided to start mining or get into any investment without seeing how much you can make a day

gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:35:39 PM

Think about that...

Think about that....

Your problem is you that you think too much about it in fiat.  Who gives a fuck about fiat?

$4000 worth  of mining equipment  plus electricity cost for barley $9 a day? explain to me how the fuck anyone can decided to start mining or get into any investment without seeing how much you can make a day

I don't give a rats fuck about fiat.  I care about how much crypto I can earn in a day from my mining rigs.  The trade value to fiat is extremely volatile and will probably continue to be that way for quite some time.  You can't love it when it's high and hate it when it's low.  If you don't love it just as much when it's low, you're not in it for the right reasons and you're going to burn yourself badly.  So if I don't like the price today, I check it in a couple of weeks and see if I like it better.  No reason to obsess over it by checking it 20 times a day.

Let go of that emotional attachment to money that you have and you'll be way better off in the long run.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Digital Drug Lord

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:55:26 PM

Think about that...

Think about that....

Your problem is you that you think too much about it in fiat.  Who gives a fuck about fiat?

$4000 worth  of mining equipment  plus electricity cost for barley $9 a day? explain to me how the fuck anyone can decided to start mining or get into any investment without seeing how much you can make a day

I don't give a rats fuck about fiat.  I care about how much crypto I can earn in a day from my mining rigs.  The trade value to fiat is extremely volatile and will probably continue to be that way for quite some time.  You can't love it when it's high and hate it when it's low.  If you don't love it just as much when it's low, you're not in it for the right reasons and you're going to burn yourself badly.  So if I don't like the price today, I check it in a couple of weeks and see if I like it better.  No reason to obsess over it by checking it 20 times a day.

Let go of that emotional attachment to money that you have and you'll be way better off in the long run.

well you can mine for the future or mine for profits.

these cards might mine you alot of shit coins but wont make you daily money
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:55:50 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 08:50:55 PM by blockchange88

Think about that...

Think about that....

noob. you mad bro?

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/34RV1eTFYKFcx5AqF5rJTPB7KCbv4hdYk7
ecoin_bestcoin

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:08:11 PM

POS doesn't work without good distribution of tokens/coins, so no mining will not die soon, there are many pros and cons to both POW and POS (as well as dPOS)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: