Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:35:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does crypto market decline affect your gambling?  (Read 605 times)
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:45:34 AM

I guess everyone here noticed some decline (hopefully temporary) of almost all coins people used to gamble with. Smiley Is it affecting your gambling?
Basically this makes no difference when the price is at the highest position. But yeah, this is a bit of a good impact for me. I won a little more than usual with I toss with the dollar at the time the price goes back up I get more money from this fall.
I am sure you understand what I mean, transaction costs are very cheap with this decline.

The price drop affects my gambling activities. When bitcoin prices are in declining condition, I will increase my bet amount and vice versa. I have to adjust to the target I want to achieve.

Rashid555

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:09:26 AM

Yes now a days the people are willing to use crypto and bitcoin is very important part of our lives so if you have crypto then you can use this for gambling and the crypto users are using this currency for gambling so when the price fall in the market the gambling also affected and with this the users are using this currency for gambling and other uses.

michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:48:26 AM

Yes now a days the people are willing to use crypto and bitcoin is very important part of our lives so if you have crypto then you can use this for gambling and the crypto users are using this currency for gambling so when the price fall in the market the gambling also affected and with this the users are using this currency for gambling and other uses.

That was the problem back when the prices went as high as almost $20,000. People don't want to gamble with bitcoins as it is extremely expensive and the fees are so high as well at the time. Now that the price is relatively stable and that transaction fees are pretty low, I'd expect everything will go back to normal and people will start gambling with bitcoins again.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:07:17 AM

When I am in a gambling site, I don't think about the =dollar value of my bankroll, instead I think of it as it is ( bitcoin ). I don't want to worry too much about it since I got it as bitcoin, why would I care about its dollar value? Besides, my salary in fiat value isn't included in my budget for gambling and would never be.

Maybe you would worry about it if you are converting your dollar to bitcoin then gamble it.

denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:24:26 AM

It's back on depends of each people., sometimes some people are have intend to gamble just for fun only or indifferently using the coins to bets. And some other people are so very considered about the price movement of the coins which's used, and not arbitrarily decide to gamble, that's hope the coins which's used., would be going to be increased in a certain time.
Well for me personally., it just have a little affect to me on whenever I bets in a gambling, sometimes I got more excited if see about the rising and greener of the price movements.

Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:38:02 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 09:34:15 PM by Aikidoka

It affects some people, especially people who are holding bitcoin for the long term. On the other hand, some people do complain about the drop of the price because they believe it affects their gambling. However, I do not see how it really affects it. Perhaps the gambling site sets high bets if the price is high and vice versa. And if that is the case, then it really affects them.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:09:39 PM

Of course, it does. How can you gamble when you know that the price of Bitcoin now is lesser than you bought it for? Gambling it may give me chances of recovering a good percentage of my investment but likewise, it gives me chances of losing more money. Just that in the latter case, the loss is not just paper loss but already an actual one. Hence, I am putting myself in a riskier position than I already am.

When crypto market is down, I try not to gamble so as to avoid incurring more losses due to actual losses and price devaluation. I would never want to lose so much just because of my own carelessness. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: