Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:19:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wondering  (Read 149 times)
stonedgz (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:23:58 PM

since the rx series getting harder and harder to get and if you find any its gonna be overpriced way too much

and the gtx .....

is there realy no other types of GPU can be used to mining than these the usual ones !!??

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:30:07 PM

AMD has increased production to meet the demand, so I would expect to see better availability in the coming weeks/month. On the Nvidia side it seems that have switched production to the new Volta consumer line, so availabilty will be much more limited until the expected launch in Q2.
stonedgz (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:38:28 PM

AMD has increased production to meet the demand, so I would expect to see better availability in the coming weeks/month. On the Nvidia side it seems that have switched production to the new Volta consumer line, so availabilty will be much more limited until the expected launch in Q2.

i dnt like Nvidia

but AMD is just too muchh  im getting tired everyday searching websites looking for someone selling for at least a good price

i mean i can find rx 570 red devils 4gb but its just too much 400$ to 450$

is there  realy no other than the rx 500 and rx 400  that can do good hashrate with good price  ?
Vann

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:57:00 PM

You can look at older used cards like the HD 79XX and 295X2, but they use ALOT of power. AMD just announced the increased production last week and it takes time before you will see the increased supply hit retailers. Given mining profits have gone down considerably in the last month, I would just wait.
stonedgz (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:15:03 PM

You can look at older used cards like the HD 79XX and 295X2, but they use ALOT of power. AMD just announced the increased production last week and it takes time before you will see the increased supply hit retailers. Given mining profits have gone down considerably in the last month, I would just wait.

so you think in like 3 to 4 weeks prices will go down im hoping so i guess people will get scared and start selling their rigs but still buying a whole rig is expensive at least for me

for me im not giving up on mining...!!
stonedgz (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:18:35 PM

dnt you think there's some cards that can do a good hashrate and not consuming so much power, but we dnt know about ...

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:22:38 PM

so you think in like 3 to 4 weeks prices will go down im hoping so i guess people will get scared and start selling their rigs but still buying a whole rig is expensive at least for me

The way Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other cryptos are plunging in value, you may not even need to wait that long. Already mining profitability is down to about $1.50 day for a RX580, meaning about a year and a half payback at current GPU and coin prices. If Ethereum drops under $500 for any length of time, i think recent mining investors will start unloading their overpriced gear while they can get any value out of it.

People who manage to buy their gear last year when prices were close to MSRP are doing ok, but any people who bought gear more recently at 150% + premiums will be hurting.

Basically, I think now is the time to wait to get back into mining and not be trying to chase down some overpriced GPU's that may or may not earn back their cost.

dnt you think there's some cards that can do a good hashrate and not consuming so much power, but we dnt know about ...

You already said you do not like Nvidia, but their GTX1060 cards are very power efficient if that is your main concern. I have several and they run cool and quiet and you can run a rig with quite a few of them with a standard 1000 watt PSU.
Vann

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:25:15 PM

With BTC headed to a 70%+ drop from the ATH and not being able to hold a rally, I would expect that to be the case. However long term nothing has changed for POW mining. Market downtrends like this are why you should be mining as a hedge instead of just for short-term profit. Those that mine and HODL when it's less profitable are in a better position once the market turns around.
stonedgz (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:42:25 PM

The way Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other cryptos are plunging in value, you may not even need to wait that long. Already mining profitability is down to about $1.50 day for a RX580, meaning about a year and a half payback at current GPU and coin prices. If Ethereum drops under $500 for any length of time, i think recent mining investors will start unloading their overpriced gear while they can get any value out of it.

People who manage to buy their gear last year when prices were close to MSRP are doing ok, but any people who bought gear more recently at 150% + premiums will be hurting.

Basically, I think now is the time to wait to get back into mining and not be trying to chase down some overpriced GPU's that may or may not earn back their cost.

You already said you do not like Nvidia, but their GTX1060 cards are very power efficient if that is your main concern. I have several and they run cool and quiet and you can run a rig with quite a few of them with a standard 1000 watt PSU.

i consider my self as new invester but its been only a month  but i got my hands on 2 red devils with nice price and start mining just as you said its time to WAIT

stonedgz (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:43:51 PM

With BTC headed to a 70%+ drop from the ATH and not being able to hold a rally, I would expect that to be the case. However long term nothing has changed for POW mining. Market downtrends like this are why you should be mining as a hedge instead of just for short-term profit. Those that mine and HODL when it's less profitable are in a better position once the market turns around.
i dnt belive in short-term profit HODL and wait for the best timing its crypto-currency we're talking about not tomato
Pekine

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:15:35 PM

i dnt like Nvidia

but AMD is just too muchh  im getting tired everyday searching websites looking for someone selling for at least a good price

i mean i can find rx 570 red devils 4gb but its just too much 400$ to 450$

is there  realy no other than the rx 500 and rx 400  that can do good hashrate with good price  ?

Hi,

Don't know which country you are in. But I buy my GPU's in the Netherlands in a store and I have purchased last month RX580 - 8GB for 300€ each.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: