Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:18:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BitFury chip distribution, 0.27BTC/chip (W41 October delivery)  (Read 10691 times)
zefir (OP)
Donator

Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 07:50:33 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 11:30:27 AM by zefir

Folks and miners,

with my Avalon ASIC chip distribution for DIYers slowly ramping down, it is time to move on.

Two months ago I ordered BitFury chips for October delivery, which I am herein offering to DIY folks in lots of 300 chips (1/10 of a reel).

Pricing
The price is fixed at 108 81 BTC for 300 chips. At a nominal 2.7GHps per chip, this is 0.1BTC / GHps.

Currency Denomination
Since the offered chips are build to generate BTC, this offer is denominated in BTC. Existing sources for BitFury chips sell for fiat, so depending on the BTC/fiat exchange rate you might find my offer better or worse one day or another. Clearly, this is for those of you who got used to think in BTC and do not care much about exchange rate fluctuations on a daily basis.

Shipping
I will receive chips in W40 (first October week), you should have yours in hand no later than October 15th.

Priority shipping is included. Urgent / express is available on request for an additional 1 BTC.

How to order
Since the number of potential buyers is limited, the orders will be processed manually as follows:
1) Place your buy order via email
2) If not sold out, I'll provide you with a payment address
3) You pay 20% down-payment, which is only refundable if I fail to deliver in time (see below)
4) You pay the remainder right before chips are shipped

Guaranteed Lead Time
In the event that chips are not shipped in time (deadline: October 12th), the final price will be reduced proportionally to the increase in difficulty. That is: for any difficulty increase by X% that happens between the deadline and the shipment date, the price will be reduced by X%. If the total reduction exceeds 60%, buyer is given the right to cancel order and get his down-payment refunded.

Edit: Clarification example: if your chips get delivered late, your price will be:
   initial price * min(1, (difficulty@deadline / difficulty@shipping_date))
That min function ensures that you do not pay more than initial price in the event that difficulty declines - which formally has a non-zero probability (alas, we all know it practically is zero Wink).

Availability
I have 30 lots available (3 reels). Chips are distributed in the order down-payment is paid.
Edit: Availability ends on September 19th.

Cheers,
zefir

darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:32:18 AM

Interesting offer ...

at the moment the €/BTC is playing a little bit against it, but who knows.

400 GH from EU BitFury delivred in end of october for 6500 €

challenged with your chips ... in mid oct. running OC > 2.5 gh ... with the new cscape SHash board ...

a close call ...

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
flyonwall

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:40:00 AM

Very interested. Email sent.

Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:52:24 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 10:35:39 AM by Foofighter

sounds interesting, but too much to invest on my own, maybe someone makes a quick GP for chips?

darkfriend you are interested too?

Foofighter

EDIT: But with that price, a full miner would be very expensive...

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:56:05 AM

One question, where to get the boards? No one is selling...
darkfriend77

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 12:15:27 PM

sounds interesting, but too much to invest on my own, maybe someone makes a quick GP for chips?

darkfriend you are interested too?

Foofighter

EDIT: But with that price, a full miner would be very expensive...

Yes ... .-) skype .. later ... when back from buisness.

GandalfG

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

Dig your freedom

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 02:02:12 PM

Anybody know approximate price for c-shape board ?

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
Yanz

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:55:00 PM

Lots of 300 is quite the investment for DIY folks...are we gonna have to open a sub group buy for those who want like 10 or 20?

With great video cards comes great power consumption.
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 04:45:46 PM

lets put together a group buy, I'd love to get some chips as well, but I don't have 108 BTC

lets start a list of who's in for X # of chips

Zefir - thanks for all your efforts so far!!!!

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:49:26 PM

Anyone know if bitfurystrikesback or megabigpower will have bare chips available in October? These prices make the H-Cards look attractive unless BTC/USD collapses  Grin
darkfriend77

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 06:08:41 PM

I will start a GB ... prob. but need to do some calculations first ... also it seems Bitfury anonced new prices for chips this weekend ...

Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:38:07 PM

Punin said that new price for bare chips will be announced this weekend. Old price was 20$ (3000 pcs) so new one propably will be lower. But it maybe for larger quantities.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:34:12 PM

I might also organise/help distribute if needed.
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:53:34 PM

Update: Offer halted for Clarification

Thanks for your interest and orders placed so far. Due to the unclear current and future pricing of the tier-1 BitFury distributors, I decided to halt the offer until those are sorted out.

I set the price based on what I paid myself for the chips and on informal discussions on the future price structure for chip distributors. It is also based on the current pricing of 80€ per chip at BFSB, which I expect to be cut by 50% as soon as October chips will be available. This obviously does not match with the price for the 400GH full kit of 6500€, which prices ready-to-mine rig at today's rate with 0.25BTC / chip. It either means that kits are not really available at the given price, or they are and buying bare chips does not make sense at all. I am in contact with BitFury and team to clarify and will update as soon as I know more. As far as I can tell, there will be a price adjustment - but prices for in-stock items might not necessarily be dramatically lower than for pre-ordered ones.

Meanwhile, my offer is halted. That is, you are welcome to place orders, but I will accept them only after I know the future pricing policy and only if my order is not worse than what you can get from dave or punin directly.

As for quantities and group-buys: yes, the unit size is 300 chips. That is the only way to limit accounting overhead and provide shipping and handling at no additional costs. Users sticking together and forming a group-buy to reach the unit size are gladly welcome.

As for what to do with the chips: there are several developers already who announced designing of BitFury based mining boards (e.g. burnin or bitmine). If requested, I can send chips ordered (only full lots of 300) to the developer of your choice for board manufacturing.

Cheers

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:43:52 PM

Update: Offer halted for Clarification

Thanks for your interest and orders placed so far. Due to the unclear current and future pricing of the tier-1 BitFury distributors, I decided to halt the offer until those are sorted out.

I set the price based on what I paid myself for the chips and on informal discussions on the future price structure for chip distributors. It is also based on the current pricing of 80€ per chip at BFSB, which I expect to be cut by 50% as soon as October chips will be available. This obviously does not match with the price for the 400GH full kit of 6500€, which prices ready-to-mine rig at today's rate with 0.25BTC / chip. It either means that kits are not really available at the given price, or they are and buying bare chips does not make sense at all. I am in contact with BitFury and team to clarify and will update as soon as I know more. As far as I can tell, there will be a price adjustment - but prices for in-stock items might not necessarily be dramatically lower than for pre-ordered ones.

Meanwhile, my offer is halted. That is, you are welcome to place orders, but I will accept them only after I know the future pricing policy and only if my order is not worse than what you can get from dave or punin directly.

As for quantities and group-buys: yes, the unit size is 300 chips. That is the only way to limit accounting overhead and provide shipping and handling at no additional costs. Users sticking together and forming a group-buy to reach the unit size are gladly welcome.

As for what to do with the chips: there are several developers already who announced designing of BitFury based mining boards (e.g. burnin or bitmine). If requested, I can send chips ordered (only full lots of 300) to the developer of your choice for board manufacturing.

Cheers
Good to know. I emailed you right before you made the change, hope that means im in the Q to speak Smiley. Thanks for offering this to the community, and in reading your returns/cancels I want to say PROPS to you for having a positive business stance towards your customers. I just want to throw money at you!
Barntech

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:45:29 AM

We're selling boards.  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266235.0
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:48:33 AM

We're selling boards.  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266235.0

Cheesy  I was gettin ready to ask you  Cheesy

Too funny  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
ssi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:39:15 AM

If all goes well, I should have boards available in a week.

18xEDfc7y1Nzm2kmLvwYq56xwwEz4Fdh6
marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 08:41:39 AM

I was just about to order, but yesterday Punin answered in BFSB thread.
We are going to offer new C-scape Shash board.
I've got some sample chips from Punin and I'll have working prototype next week.
All the pricing is ready expect the chip price.
Thank you for the efforts Zefir

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
zefir (OP)
Donator

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 08:53:41 AM

Update: Offer re-opened, unclear Pricing Policy

Discussed with BitFury team about pricing without satisfactory results. The whole sale and retail prices for chips will be fixed end of September, which makes in advance group-buys difficult or impossible.

Keeping the offer halted until those numbers are settled is one way to go, but this would leave interested buyers in uncertainty if and when you get your chips delivered. With what we learned from the Avalon DIY scene, this would not motivate many to jump in.

The other option is to offer a cut-off price clause as part of the contract like this:
If at shipping time the retail price for in-stock chips is significantly lower (that is: 20%+) than this offer, buyer can cancel the deal and get down-payment refunded in full.

The proposed 20% margin is to compensate for the lead time guarantee, i.e. I earn if I deliver first half of October and loose otherwise.

Those of you considering this offer: does this sound fair?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: