Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 01:09:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Aerium AERM - 2018 Community has taken over - Social payment coin - Masternodes  (Read 3855 times)
allpozitiv

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:09:40 PM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15HB5s8kvYKuiKlnZNUJ_QXK5Hh_iANOr
Mac Wallet, please delete your blockchain data on ~/Library/Application Support/aerium
delete everything except wallet.dat

If you dont delete, it wont work

It helped, I deleted everything except wallet, and now it works.
Thanks!
Krezz2017

Activity: 560
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:47:38 PM

Very interesting project. But, it's embarrassing that what was truly told was that only one developer is working. Reliability suffers. I hope that they will find qualified developers.

LuckyLlama

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:00:29 PM

Can someone explain the steps needed for this mandatory update?
I have Windows 10
I've downloaded the file from the website
I've extracted it
Now what? Thanks in advance!!
blmer

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:42:03 PM

Any news about swap coins?
From the title, I realized that masternodes will be introduced.
capri00

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:06:44 PM

any new people on the dev team, or are we still at 1?
Aerium

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:43:25 PM

Hello,
There have been some exciting things emerging behind the scenes with the Developers and we would like to give the Aerium Community some insight!

As we all know, there will be a Coin Swap being conducted in the very near future. For this Coin Swap, the Developers have decided that we will be forking PIVX! PIVX is a very well-established, privacy coin that utilizes the Zerocoin protocol for next level privacy, Masternodes for network security and is also Proof-of-Stake. With this new development comes some complications that we as a Community will need to address. One of the bigger problems is that PIVX does not have a Max Supply. The Aerium team would like to state their position on the No Max Supply and why it can work.

The way PIVX is coded, the block reward is fixed at 4.5 PIVX every minute, this will never increase nor decrease. This accounts for around 4% inflation. However, PIVX has a “soft cap” (a cap on the number of coins produced when a certain condition is met). This soft cap condition is met when there are roughly 15 transactions occurring on the blockchain, the blockchain will start burning the same amount of coins as it is generating. What this means, is that every transaction fee, coins are destroyed/removed from circulation and at around 15 transactions per second, the coin supply burning is equal to the amount that is being generated, creating a neutralizing effect which essentially causes a “soft cap” on the max supply.

Of course, the fork will be coded to meet Aerium’s parameters. Like the 4.5 PIVX block reward will be changed to meet the 10% block reward, the amount of coins needed for a Masternode won’t be the same as PIVX and things of this nature. However, as far as forking PIVX and allowing a seamless transition during the Coin Swap, the limitless supply has to be an option and we recommend it. There is still is a possibility that a hard cap can be executed on the new Aerium Coin. Though, the actual Coin Swap itself won’t be as seamless and because of the perpetual coin burn that PIVX undergoes. If you put a hard cap on the coin, there will eventually be no coins at all. This all would have to be altered during the initial development but can also cause some bugs as we proceed with this evolution.                                                             

Also, both Cryptobridge and Stocks.Exchange gave us the green light on the Coin Swap. Our team is covering the cost associated with re-listing on Stocks.Exchange. We will be taking questions regarding any of these evolutions in the general chat and on our Telegram chat!

References: pivx.org knowledge base

Remember, we are not forking PIVX blockchain, but we are using PIVX code as a basis
blmer

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:02:56 PM

wow, this is a grandiose reform, I hope you can do it.
NemesisZAUK

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:22:35 PM

Can you still mine Aerium?
The_Hu

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:48:04 AM

Aerium is a good project, we will be waiting for the next project.
Tolgatrz

Activity: 250

🆃🅾🅻🅶🅰

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:29:13 AM

Turkish translation reserved

🆃🅾🅻🅶🅰🆃🆁🆉
CryptoRich82

Activity: 16
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:08:09 PM

On the first page it says you only have one developer, but your last update you stated developer'S'. I'm guessing you've added more? Please confirm. Also, I'm holding at BtcPop. Will the coinswap be done there also or do I have to move to the other two exchanges you mentioned? One more thing lol. What is the current APR and payout times? Thanks. Need info for promotional purposes.
SSowellSVT

Activity: 285
Merit: 101

https://genesisnetwork.io/

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 02:22:48 AM

Hey OP - You NEED to update the ANN with the correct wallet:

https://github.com/aeriumcoin/Aerium/releases/download/v1.9/aerium-qt.zip

If users are trying to use 1.8 it'll never connect.
bartullo

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:54:14 AM

thanks i have been havinq trouble with that myself
themonkii

Activity: 672
Merit: 124

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:30:14 AM

Was having that exact issue - downloaded 1.8 and couldn't connect - that being said, after downloading and installing 1.9, I can connect but with only 1 connection - is there a node list?

Genesis Network - GENX Payment Ecosystem  ☑ No ICO☑ No Premine☑ Fair Launch
Equihash 192_7 PoW─[ Maturity-Based Masternodes ]─ ANN Twitter Discord Reddit      
GitHub Pools Explorer Infographics ● ────[ ForumExchanges ]──── ●
ItaCraft

Activity: 138

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:06:54 PM

Was having that exact issue - downloaded 1.8 and couldn't connect - that being said, after downloading and installing 1.9, I can connect but with only 1 connection - is there a node list?

There is no problem by having only 1 connection on your wallet, 1 is fine is you are syncing correctly with it
Tolgatrz

🆃🅾🅻🅶🅰

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:42:04 PM

ANN Turkish  translation

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2973009.new#new

bounty adress : Ae5jqFitJKLXGMv5bCyMABUZF8ruJ2CNKV

🆃🅾🅻🅶🅰🆃🆁🆉
ItaCraft

Activity: 138

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:09:14 PM

Aerium FAQ:

Q: What is the purpose of Aerium?
A: Aerium is undergoing some technical developments. These developments will allow Aerium to place a foot down in the privacy payment sector of Cryptocurrency. Moving forward, Aerium will primarily be a payment coin with privacy and instant payment features whilst upholding a PoS protocol and network security by use of Masternodes.

Q: What are these technical developments that you speak of?
A: Aerium is preparing to conduct a fork of PIVX along with a Coin Swap with at a 3:1 ratio of the TOTAL Supply. For example, if there was 150M AERM in existence right now, after the coin swap there would be 50M. Thus, if you have 12,000 AERM in your wallet right now, you will have 4,000 AERM after the swap.

Q: What do I have to do for the Coin Swap?
A: More in-depth instructions will be provided at a later time but in simple terms, you will send your AERM to a bot and the bot will calculate how many new AERM you will receive. The bot will then send your total new AERM back to you in installments over X amount of time. This method will be utilized to prevent dumping after the swap. Transparent reports will be provided weekly on how many AERM were swapped and where they were sent.

Q: So, I will lose coins after the Coin Swap?
A: Yes, essentially you will lose coins but this does NOT mean your total AERM holdings will lose value. The nominal value (Face Value) of AERM will increase to maintain the same market cap as it was before the swap. For example, if there are 150M AERM in existence right now and each AERM was worth $1, the market cap would be $150M. After the 3:1 Coin Swap there will be 50M AERM but the nominal value of AERM will be adjusted to $3. So, the market cap will still be $150M. Demand will be the outlying factor in whether or not you lose or gain actual value on your holdings after the swap. Please help yourself to a short Economics video on Youtube to better understand some of these terms.

Q: Is it ok to leave my AERM on an exchange for the Coin Swap?
A: We have contacted both Cryptobridge and Stocks.Exchange and they will be supporting the Coin Swap. Also, Stake United and Staking Lab have also stated that they will be supporting the Coin Swap. However, I recommend to have your AERM in your own personal wallet for the Coin Swap. This is to prevent having to rely on any third parties to conduct this process for you with a possibility of something going wrong and you blaming them. Just avoid the headache, keep your AERM in your wallet.

Q: Will the Coin Swap affect the Max Supply?
A: The Max Supply will be dealt with seperately. So no, the Coin Swap will have no direct impact on the Max Supply.

Q: What is this talk about forking PIVX?
A: The Aerium developers have decided that we will be forking PIVX in preparation of the Coin Swap. A fork is when a the code of another coin is altered and changed to meet the parameters of another coin. In Aerium's case, this will allow the implementation of Masternodes as well as the Zerocoin protocol for privacy all whilst meeting the parameters of Aerium.

Q: Will I receive PIVX because of the fork?
A: No. That only occurs with HARD forks. A fork and a HARD fork are not interchangeable and are two separate and different processes. To that effect, you will not receive AERM for holding PIVX and vice versa.                                                                                                               

Q: Will Aerium be listed on new exchanges?
A: Yes AERM will be listed on more exchanges in the future. I will also add that any future developments will be listed on our roadmap that will be released along with our white paper and posted on the new website. The new website will launch sometime in the next 1-2 months as well
Tolgatrz

🆃🅾🅻🅶🅰

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:05:47 PM

addnode ?

🆃🅾🅻🅶🅰🆃🆁🆉
LuckyLlama

Activity: 120

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:21:36 PM

Well things just got real interesting  Cool
oaklek

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:53:41 AM

Dear AERM Dev

1.When exactly will fork happen ?

2.What coin it will be (Obviously not PIVX)?

2.How to store our coin in order to get forked coin?

3.What if we store it in Stakunited, QT Wallet 1.9, Stockexchange or cryptobridge ?

Thanks a lot.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: