Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:54:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Gui Miner  (Read 793 times)
superbitguy (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:56:12 AM

Hi,
So I have tried to configure cg miner ant the python miner, can't remember its name, but I can do those command line miners, so I tried to use Gui miner with my bfl jalepeno but it says there is no open cl devices. Does anyone know how to get GUI miner to register a bfl 5.0 ghps jalepeno?
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:30:05 PM

You cant I dont believe.  Guiminer hasnt really been updated over the last year, and it only supports CPU and GPU mining, so thats why it doesnt recognize your Jalapeno.

You are going to need to use cgminer or bfgminer.  Its not hard to learn, just takes 5 minutes, and googling.  In fact, I will even help you (im in the kind of mood today).

1) Download bfgminer for Windows from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=168174.0 (get the right version and download the zip file)
2) Extract folder to your desktop
3) Open the folder, right click bfgminer.exe and make a shortcut, take that shortcut and paste it on your desktop
4) Right click that shortcut and choose properties.
5) On the "target" line, remove the quotes around the bfgminer location (should be something like C:\users\[user name]\desktop\bfgminer\bfgminer.exe)
6) On that "target" line make a space after bfgminer.exe and add the following "-o [url of pool server] -u [worker name] -p [password for worker] -S All -G", without the quotes of course.
7) Hit apply, then hit ok.

Cool Now double click the shortcut, and away you go, you should be mining.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
superbitguy (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 01:57:29 PM

Thank you very much for the reply, I tried typing (without the square bracket around the address) and it just gives me a black screen of command prompt with no acitivity. Here's what I typed :C:\Users\Dustin\Desktop\bfgminer-3.2.0-win32\bfgminer.exe -o www.btcguild.com -u Dustinminer_1 -p 1 -S all -g, is that right? Thanks for the help Smiley
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 02:26:13 PM

Thank you very much for the reply, I tried typing (without the square bracket around the address) and it just gives me a black screen of command prompt with no acitivity. Here's what I typed :C:\Users\Dustin\Desktop\bfgminer-3.2.0-win32\bfgminer.exe -o www.btcguild.com -u Dustinminer_1 -p 1 -S all -g, is that right? Thanks for the help Smiley

Almost, you listed the website, not the pool server address.  Replace www.btcguild.com with http://stratum.btcguild.com:3333.

And also, the arguments have to be case sensitive, so it should be exactly like this, -S All -G

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
superbitguy (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:53:46 PM

Grin its working, thanks !
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:37:11 AM

Grin its working, thanks !

it's good to hear your problem was resolved. if you need any extra help i can see what i can do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: