Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how GPU's are distributed?  (Read 296 times)
janismm88 (OP)

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:21:17 PM

with today's big price crash in altcoin market I don't see big crash in GPU prices Cheesy
Little bit maybe 20$$$$
so I started to think how are GPU's distributed? Is there some big batch every 2-3 months or manufacturers distribute them every week to resellers etc? If there was one big batch every 3 months released it make sense that GPU prices are resistant to last weeks price crash in crypto market.
what do you think? when we can expect normal GPU prices. Market fall almost 2X but GPU prices are same and people still bid for mining rigs almost same price... doesn't make sense for me....
janismm88 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:41:10 PM

personally I wait today I was planning to buy 4 cards to complete my rig and I wait for better prices and you? Did you bought some cards today yesterday???  Grin Grin Grin Shocked Shocked Shocked still for overpriced prices?
just got reply from one guy he was selling mining rig in UK for 40K(last price 3 days ago) now he ask me if I want to pay 34K which he declined few days ago Smiley 78GPU RX580 mining rigs
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:56:55 PM

Today was not a big crash in the altcoin market. Today was a continuation of the crash of the BTC USD value, which has carried over in to the alts that are traded against BTC. If you go to coinmarketcap.com and sort by % change against BTC you will see the average drop for alts in the top 100 was ~5% compared to the ~15% against the USD.
JKresty

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 08:58:49 PM

Card availability will increase, I seen in stock emails already.

On the used market the demand will fall, the inventory will rise, and buyers will dwindle, leaving us with normal prices for GPUs.
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:07:42 PM

Everyone is going to be scared off by the market dip and now we should see the used market start to be flooded with cards to as the people who got in late get scared or angry spouses telling them how much money they wasted and being forced to sell.  I have put my buying plans on hold till these guys start taking a loss on their cards and I will scoop them up.
janismm88 (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:15:15 PM

Today was not a big crash in the altcoin market. Today was a continuation of the crash of the BTC USD value, which has carried over in to the alts that are traded against BTC. If you go to coinmarketcap.com and sort by % change against BTC you will see the average drop for alts in the top 100 was ~5% compared to the ~15% against the USD.
in last few weeks mining profitability is dropped almost 2X!!!! It is some crash. so GPU prices should react somehow. 
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:30:21 PM

GPU prices are lagging indicators. They are slow to go up and even slower to come back down. That was the case during the last mining boom during 2013-2014, where it took months after the mining crash during the middle of 2014 before GPU's returned to normal prices.

Given that previous experience, the current GPU shortage and also new product announcements for Q2/Q3, I doubt AMD/Nvidia will ramp up current GPU production to where it would make a significant change in the price other than a return to what GPU's were selling for before the current shortage of the last month. If BTC continues going down, you should see people starting to sell their rigs though.
dempsey1200

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:44:18 PM

I think most people are under the belief this will be a quick dip and therefore "look at the long horizon".  If it doesn't come back in a couple weeks (I personally don't think it will) then we will start to see an impact in GPU prices.  For a while there, people could buy miners on a credit card, start a farm, and then repay the debt with cash flow generated..... well that isn't happening at the moment.  This will take a number of people out of the market. 

I, unfortunately, bought some expensive cards as the prices were rising.  I was in a hurry to finish the rig and ended up 1 card short.  I'm in a holding pattern at this point and will be waiting for the crypto prices to impact the GPU prices.
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:32:37 AM

The new in stock items come back with higher prices everytime they go away. 
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:52:00 AM

just got reply from one guy he was selling mining rig in UK for 40K(last price 3 days ago) now he ask me if I want to pay 34K which he declined few days ago Smiley 78GPU RX580 mining rigs
What currency is that?
janismm88 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:13:38 AM

GBP
kriskarthik

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:29:09 AM

The local distributor that I know told me that new batch of GPUs is coming in mid March from almost all the manufacturers. By then if Angry spouse theory takes effect then we could see some lower GPU price lol Grin

Edit: I don’t know how reliable that manufacturer’s info is lol, but just for information only

JKresty

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 01:17:19 PM

Everyone is going to be scared off by the market dip and now we should see the used market start to be flooded with cards to as the people who got in late get scared or angry spouses telling them how much money they wasted and being forced to sell.  I have put my buying plans on hold till these guys start taking a loss on their cards and I will scoop them up.

^^ Nailed it!!!

"Honey why is the electric bill $300, better not be from you playing with your coins"

Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:43:43 PM

in last few weeks mining profitability is dropped almost 2X!!!! It is some crash. so GPU prices should react somehow. 

9 Vega 64 struggle to make 9$ a day

That's bad for they price they are going for
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:12:40 PM

9 Vega 64 struggle to make 9$ a day

That's bad for they price they are going for

Who cares what the price of btc is today.  Check it next month.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: