Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:41:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] ET.DIFF: Future to speculate on next difficulty change  (Read 19011 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
woodrake

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 09:40:32 AM

Thanks to Rannasha, Deprived and you Eltopo for clarifications; very helpful.

Rannasha: Fair point about the formula being mathematically correct, but personally I like to ensure absolute clarity.

Deprived's comment really clinched it for me though; the investors have ample opportunity to slowly build trust in the issuer, and in the long run the issuer will make more by operating the security than by scamming.

I shall change my vote to "Yes" as soon as I'm reunited with my phone (left it at home this morning so no 2FA :$).

Kate.

eltopo (OP)

Activity: 230

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:25:13 AM

Thank you Kate!  Smiley

Does anyone know under which stone the other BTC-TC mods are sleeping? If we don't get enough YES votes until the next difficulty change (looks like sunday morning UTC at the moment), we'll have to wait another 10-12 days, as I don't want to start in the middle of a difficulty period.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3235

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 05:12:55 PM

Overall, I am in favor of this security. However, you only briefly mentioned holding the proceeds from the sales of ET.DIFF.FUTURE. Since you are responsible for shareholder's money, I would like to see more details the contract -- something like this, perhaps:
All proceeds from the sales of ET.DIFF.FUTURE are held in the account <BTC-TC account> for the benefit of the holders of the ET.DIFF securities. The assets of the account can be seen at any time by going to <public URL>. The proceeds are held until a difficulty change, at which time they are used to pay the ET.DIFF.LONG, ET.DIFF.SHORT, and ET.DIFF.FUTURE dividends, and the remainder (the management fee) is paid to the fund manager. Any fees associated with maintaining or operating ET.DIFF are paid by the manager, and are not paid from the proceeds of sales

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
eltopo (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:25:37 PM

Overall, I am in favor of this security. However, you only briefly mentioned holding the proceeds from the sales of ET.DIFF.FUTURE. Since you are responsible for shareholder's money, I would like to see more details the contract -- something like this, perhaps:
All proceeds from the sales of ET.DIFF.FUTURE are held in the account <BTC-TC account> for the benefit of the holders of the ET.DIFF securities. The assets of the account can be seen at any time by going to <public URL>. The proceeds are held until a difficulty change, at which time they are used to pay the ET.DIFF.LONG, ET.DIFF.SHORT, and ET.DIFF.FUTURE dividends, and the remainder (the management fee) is paid to the fund manager. Any fees associated with maintaining or operating ET.DIFF are paid by the manager, and are not paid from the proceeds of sales

Thanks for your feedback.

In the Risk section the contract says:

To reduce the risk for investors, the portfolio will be made public. The cash created by sales of ET.DIFF.FUTURE stays in the BTC-TC portfolio until it is paid out in dividends (minus management fee).

This covers most points you described, except the last point (that any further fees are paid from management fees, not proceeds of sales). But to make it most clear and transparent for investors, I replaced my paragraph with yours.
eltopo (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:43:16 PM

Only 1 more YES vote needed. If we get approved before tomorrow (Monday) 4 p.m. UTC, we'll start at this time!
junkonator

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:06:26 PM

We're live.
eltopo (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:29:26 PM

Yes, finally. We'll start tomorrow (Tuesday) at 4 p.m. UTC.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:32:41 AM

"ETOPS" is the account that will exchange PURCHASE, correct?

Edit: I meant 'FUTURE" Smiley
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:05:56 AM

Lol.

I wonder who will be the first person to send eltopo PURCHASE or send me FUTURE.
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:02:32 AM

Yes, finally. We'll start tomorrow (Tuesday) at 4 p.m. UTC.

Perhaps make a news item (for one of the securities) on BTC-TC so more people are aware of the launch-time.

Lol.

I wonder who will be the first person to send eltopo PURCHASE or send me FUTURE.

Code:
aB.AddRule(new TransferRule(b, "ET.DIFF.FUTURE", "ET.DIFF.FUTURE", 1, 0, true, 1, true));

Problem solved.
eltopo (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:02:21 AM

Correct.

Wouldn't it be great for you to have a FUTURE, too?  Grin

Perhaps make a news item (for one of the securities) on BTC-TC so more people are aware of the launch-time.
Done.
junkonator

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:32:59 PM

So price in half an hour or so and in the FUTURE will always be 0.0204 right? If the difficulty levels (< 2 %) too fast you wont sell a single unit anymore. What will you do then? Do you plan to close the asset then? This won't be too soon most probably, just interested.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 03:37:52 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 05:24:24 PM by dexX7

Hi there,

gratulations! Really a neat "product". Would the following be accurate?

Edit: Sorry, there was an error. Should be correct now.

Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:42:52 PM

I'd assume starting difficulty is the difficulty at last change - i.e.112628548.7.

That's STILL the current difficulty - what you have on your graph is a guess of next difficulty (and there's various ways to do that - all inaccurate).
dexX7
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 03:47:06 PM

I'd assume starting difficulty is the difficulty at last change - i.e.112628548.7.

That's STILL the current difficulty - what you have on your graph is a guess of next difficulty (and there's various ways to do that - all inaccurate).

Point taken. Chart updated. Can you confirm?

eltopo (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:00:35 PM

So, start in a few minutes. As mentioned, a transfer bot manages the swap from ET.DIFF.FUTURE into ET.DIFF.LONG and ET.DIFF.SHORT. If there are any problems with the swap, let me know by pm or email.

eltopo (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:20:51 PM

Point taken. Chart updated. Can you confirm?

No. It's more like this:

EDIT: Ok, you corrected it, it's ok now.

eltopo (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:25:10 PM

So price in half an hour or so and in the FUTURE will always be 0.0204 right? If the difficulty levels (< 2 %) too fast you wont sell a single unit anymore. What will you do then? Do you plan to close the asset then? This won't be too soon most probably, just interested.

The dividend formula in the contract can be adjusted to fit these situation. Read the last pages, it's discussed there.
dexX7
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 02:26:27 AM

Is there a way to transfer one ET.DIFF.SHORT and ET.DIFF.LONG to an account and receive the face value of 0.02 in exchange? Same for .FUTURE.

FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:27:42 AM

Is there a way to transfer one ET.DIFF.SHORT and ET.DIFF.LONG to an account and receive the face value of 0.02 in exchange?

well you automatically get .02 at the end of each cycle through dividends if you hold both short and long
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: