Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:49:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose a good ICO.  (Read 535 times)
Hexcolyte

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:47:55 PM

Some great tips there! Also remember to think deeply if a blockchain is really needed, and if it is possible to implement with the current capability of the team, check their roadmap as well to make sure they are doing careful research before starting a crowdfunding.

Unfortunately I can't give smerit anymore, already given all of mine away.
JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 12:57:49 PM

I've invested a bit into XinFin (XDCE ERC20 token) Cheesy Its a Singapore based project; a country that is very friendly towards Crypto-fine-tech, and supports crypto innovations and development + a strong legal system that is harsh on scammers, so this one feels quite safe to me. Their vision looks pretty promising too + there were other Singapore based projects that have seen success, such as QTUM, and VeChain, etc.

Here's there're link btw.
http://xinfin.io/

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:13:07 PM

I always stay away from ICO with pantastic prices, they take huge profits with some advertising. then disappear like a symmetry.
everyone is interested to join but unexpectedly this ICO is a scam.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
chocochild

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:18:11 PM

Good icos are commonly packed with people. follow someone who always do icos if youre a beginner find your adviser so you wont mess in things.
khichariya1

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:29:59 PM

Exactly know a good ico but the first thing you need to do before investing in any ico project is check the project road map know the team behind the project. Then check if the project have a thread in this forum because it will help to you if the project is real or scam.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:38:53 PM

There are websites that can help you find a good ICO. You can always google it. I prefer using https://www.coinschedule.com/ because the website is self explanatory and it shows the percentage of the token sold per ICO. The disadvantage of this site is that not all of the ICO's are listed. I don't know why but maybe there are a lot of ICO's for them to cover. There's also a rating and a brief description of the ICO on this site so its like all in one swoop when you are researching. Also, check the background of the ICO manager. It helps a lot.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Nisansala

Activity: 384
Merit: 11

First LEARN then EARN

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:28:04 PM

ICO's nowadays are number one money making system if you know how to make money from cryptocurrencies.
I myself investing on ICO's and they even returned me 10x of my investment. by the number of return you know how crazy the profit is!! But there is the question if the ICO' didn't hit exchange and didn't pass the test for exchange or simply the project is scam what will happen? The answer to the question is you loss your all money which you invested on the ICO. That is the truth about the ICO. So rude right?

Here is a solution,
1) Always invest what amount you afford to loss.
2) Do your own research about the coin before investment (don't listen anyone blindly because he
may also missing the key info)
3) Get to know about the project and know what will be the use of this token.
4) Always read the whitepapper and read Road map of the coin/token.
5) Follow them on social medias like twitter/facebook and on Telegram chat. I mean whole over the
Internet and collect peoples thoughts about the ICO.

That's it, you now know the basics of how to research about any ICO's.

Always try to find your own way to justify any ICO.
Upvote,Re-steem and follow and reply your own strategy so that we each other will learn new tips and strategy about selecting new ICO's.

THANKS for reading through.
if you find this helpful don't forget to Smerit my profile.

Thanks very much dear. This is very helpful for me. those days i also find good ICOs. i think  CoolTradove ICO Cool is good. what about your idea Huh
Tradove have great concept and great Team. And also they have great investors. i think Tradove is great.
Could you tell me about your opinion about Tradove. Once again thanks very much this information about "How to choose a good ICO"
Here the sources

marktedraut

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:33:27 PM

I strongly agree with what you have written here. However, add to it that prior to an investment, a person needs to read TONS of articles regarding ICO's. Without this preparation, there is a very good possibility that the ROI might be lower than expected. Smiley For example, I always check the whitepaper, potential partners, the historic cost of the company, and the reviews about it (vouching for media literacy, of course). Additionally, it is a good idea to invest in smaller projects, as their fluctuations are less likely to be that striking. For example, I've bought Monero, Restart Energy, Cointed, and Giftz. The first two are already sold out, but the latter two are still on the market. Cointed is formed by their partnership with Nvidia and TAS Group, and the ICO focuses on Crypto ATMs and Green Mining. Giftz, on the other hand, is an ongoing ICO that introduced a rewards system into the blockchain, along with Augmented Reality. Their partners are BlockV, which vouches for their credibility. When you purchase the token, you get buying power into your Giftz Card, which you can use later to buy various market offerings.
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:37:55 PM

I strongly agree with what you have written here. However, add to it that prior to an investment, a person needs to read TONS of articles regarding ICO's. Without this preparation, there is a very good possibility that the ROI might be lower than expected. Smiley For example, I always check the whitepaper, potential partners, the historic cost of the company, and the reviews about it (vouching for media literacy, of course). Additionally, it is a good idea to invest in smaller projects, as their fluctuations are less likely to be that striking. For example, I've bought Monero, Restart Energy, Cointed, and Giftz. The first two are already sold out, but the latter two are still on the market. Cointed is formed by their partnership with Nvidia and TAS Group, and the ICO focuses on Crypto ATMs and Green Mining. Giftz, on the other hand, is an ongoing ICO that introduced a rewards system into the blockchain, along with Augmented Reality. Their partners are BlockV, which vouches for their credibility. When you purchase the token, you get buying power into your Giftz Card, which you can use later to buy various market offerings.
Well that is all that is needed to test a good or not good project. This is a problem that almost new members of the bitcointalk forum are wondering. Your articles are really good quality and helpful for those newbies.
Sometimes I have encountered some bad projects, they rob all my efforts. That feeling is so bad and I do not want the new members to get the same situation. Thank you very much for your article.
jeremycoinson

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:38:51 PM

I've also bought CTD and Giftz, lol. Both are very good. I kinda regret not being able to buy Monero and Restart Energy though... You might be interested in AgroTechFarm - https://www.agrotechfarm.io It is an ICO focusing on home cultivation and appliances of cannabis.
agiskasep

Activity: 212
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:39:12 PM

i don't know i just see the review like icoreview.site. if there the trust are high i'm invested in that ICO. very simple
1cak

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:39:58 PM

I think to determine which ico is the best, try reading and understanding the whitepaper carefully, looking at some articles or reviews about the project, and the developer
TedWalker91

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:36:14 AM

I've also bought CTD and Giftz, lol. Both are very good. I kinda regret not being able to buy Monero and Restart Energy though... You might be interested in AgroTechFarm - https://www.agrotechfarm.io It is an ICO focusing on home cultivation and appliances of cannabis.

Those are some really good suggestions. Personally I don't know all of them but I will do my research on it. I already know Cointed and Giftz, I'm a huge supporter of both, Monero I bought long time ago and have been hodling since. Time to check out AgroTechFarm, I'm not really into agricultural stuff but I'll give the whitepaper a shot. Thanks for the tips!
zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:39:31 AM

ICO's nowadays are number one money making system if you know how to make money from cryptocurrencies.
I myself investing on ICO's and they even returned me 10x of my investment. by the number of return you know how crazy the profit is!! But there is the question if the ICO' didn't hit exchange and didn't pass the test for exchange or simply the project is scam what will happen? The answer to the question is you loss your all money which you invested on the ICO. That is the truth about the ICO. So rude right?

Here is a solution,
2) Do your own research about the coin before investment (don't listen anyone blindly because he
5) Follow them on social medias like twitter/facebook and on Telegram chat. I mean whole over the

Upvote,Re-steem and follow and reply your own strategy so that we each other will learn new tips and strategy about selecting new ICO's.

Thanks for your advice and I will make more money with it.

Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:45:16 AM

Here is a solution,

Thanks for this small but really useful guide!

What I would add here is:
6) If you are not completely sure in the ICO, do not enter it at pre-sale stage. Just wait, repeating p2-p5 until you are completely sure.
Remember: no discount worse total money loss.
CryptoDan_

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:50:06 AM

Research, research, research. Gotta know the people behind the ICOs, proof of concept and professionally designed website and community management (especially on Telegram). Reach out to the developers and ask questions yourself.
cryptoimal86

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:05:10 AM

One more thing. Do a research about project team. you can get the idea about project from project team background. "Daneel" is the one of good project that I did a research about. It has good solution for trading signal issues. if any one interest about the Daneel do a research.

web Site - https://daneel.io/
           blog - https://medium.com/@daneel_project
           twitter - https://twitter.com/daneelproject
           FB - https://www.facebook.com/daneelproject
           telegram - https://t.me/DaneelCommunity
boonsterx

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:09:08 AM

Here is a solution,

I totally agree with you that picking a good ICO is not easy. Gone are the days when any ICO will jump 10x or more. Nowadays we have to be picky when we choose the ICO to invest in.

I would like to add a few ideas into how to pick a good ICO on top of your solution.

6. Invest in ICO which are building solutions/platforms/business that are relevant to the blockchain; not ICO that are merely using ICO as a funding mechanism.
7. Look for team members who have a strong crypto background or have been involved in past ICO successes.
8. Look for advisors who are reputable in the crypto world.
9. Most importantly, look for ICO that have a hardcap of less than 40mil.

These are just some criteria that i used on top of what you mention to choose ICO.

I find that success begets success and teams with members that have previous success tend to be able to attract more investors. And I also find that ICO that have huge ambitious targets.. especially above $50mil, tend to not reach their targets. But of course there are some exceptions. So unless the ICO has some strong backing from VC or reputable big private investors, I will tend to stay away.

Farmcoin

Activity: 111
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:38:14 PM

In my opinion, it will be very difficult to determine a good ICO. But if you rely on certain criteria, you can approximately know wether this is a worthy project. You can pay attention to the design of the site, the idea that it was unique and unique in its kind, the number of tokens that they release on te market, capitalization, the team.

Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:38:42 PM

In my opinion, it will be very difficult to determine a good ICO. But if you rely on certain criteria, you can approximately know wether this is a worthy project. You can pay attention to the design of the site, the idea that it was unique and unique in its kind, the number of tokens that they release on te market, capitalization, the team.

It's definitely difficult to detect the right ICO. But it's still possible. There is a number of ICO tracking and analyzing resources like IcoDrops, IcoBench, IcoBox that can give you additional information about upcoming and active ICOs.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: