Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:24:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose a good ICO.  (Read 532 times)
GuiDonK

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:32:01 PM

Images and names of all developers on project, coins developed and released by hidden developers are way more likely to be scam or eventually loosing overall value. A good sign is team with experianced members who produced previously successful projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wendybean

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:11:33 AM

Thank you for such a great explanation, there is no doubt a very proper use of your research work to invest into some good ICOs without being fooled. But don’t you think that there are people who will try to misguide you?

For e.g. I have currently participated in HashGains ICO, I checked everything and purchased their tokens, and after that, I joined their telegram group and what I found was various people using the admin's name texting me from the same group and asking to transfer some of my funds to other address. I was convinced at a point but then again read the text, as they were scams and trying to take some portion of my investment.

This shook my trust and I deliberately started inquiring them when will my tokens get transferred. One of the admin took things personally and within 2 hours my tokens reflected in the dashboard.

People literally are posting them a scam, but I have received my tokens already.

Thus, it is good if you do a proper investigation of the project and their scope in the future and beware of fake people who are trying to fool you in the name of the company. Directly Contact the firm through their portal or their media channels where they are present officially and stay away from the scammers
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:21:43 AM

Yes good to read, I would also add that team is important and looking through comparing web-pages, they are often useful, but pay attention that rating should not be paid.
Koios AI

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:24:39 AM

I'm curious what people look for when they mention "a good team".

For instance, I am launching my own ICO soon. I am not planning on launching my product with a large marketing team or a panel of advisors because I've actually run multi-million dollar businesses in the past and am also a certified developer and enterprise architect.

I work for Google right now and am heavily interested in blockchain and A.I.

If you took a look at my site: www.koios.ai would anyone actually invest in the project at first glance?
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:50:24 AM

For instance, I am launching my own ICO soon. I am not planning on launching my product with a large marketing team or a panel of advisors because I've actually run multi-million dollar businesses in the past and am also a certified developer and enterprise architect.

If you took a look at my site: www.koios.ai would anyone actually invest in the project at first glance?
Yeah actually being a expert of marketing it does not mean that you don’t need a team because most of project has a team working with it , because one of the criteria that investors are looking is the good team working the project specially their credentials.to be recognized as a legit project their must be a team working with it.

Koios AI

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 11:50:15 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 12:09:01 PM by Koios AI

Yeah actually being a expert of marketing it does not mean that you don’t need a team because most of project has a team working with it , because one of the criteria that investors are looking is the good team working the project specially their credentials.to be recognized as a legit project their must be a team working with it.

I'm not sure you quite understood me. I am not going to be employing a large marketing team or a set of advisors. I've built products for large tech companies before and I want to keep the team as small as possible in the formative stage. Quantity doesn't necessarily mean quality.

But if a large team is what the general investor community are looking for then I guess my project won't be of interest to them as I'm keeping the numbers small on purpose. Appreciate your input though, thank you very much Smiley
tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:18:49 PM

Need to carefully read about the project in white paper.good ico is depends of a road map of a ico .The best way to choose the good ICO was to study first the back ground and history of that ICO.
QCT

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:13:17 PM

Check the team, reach out to them and communicate. Check the white paper, especially terms of the token sale, token allocation and road map. Take into account if there's any product already. Monitor their activity on different conferences and in social networks... In other words, monitor the project closely for some time. If you consider a good investment, of cource, not just $200-300
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:19:41 PM

ICO's nowadays are number one money making system if you know how to make money from cryptocurrencies.
I myself investing on ICO's and they even returned me 10x of my investment. by the number of return you know how crazy the profit is!! But there is the question if the ICO' didn't hit exchange and didn't pass the test for exchange or simply the project is scam what will happen? The answer to the question is you loss your all money which you invested on the ICO. That is the truth about the ICO. So rude right?

Here is a solution,
1) Always invest what amount you afford to loss.
2) Do your own research about the coin before investment (don't listen anyone blindly because he
may also missing the key info)
3) Get to know about the project and know what will be the use of this token.
4) Always read the whitepapper and read Road map of the coin/token.
5) Follow them on social medias like twitter/facebook and on Telegram chat. I mean whole over the
Internet and collect peoples thoughts about the ICO.

That's it, you now know the basics of how to research about any ICO's.

Always try to find your own way to justify any ICO.
Upvote,Re-steem and follow and reply your own strategy so that we each other will learn new tips and strategy about selecting new ICO's.

THANKS for reading through.
if you find this helpful don't forget to Smerit my profile.

This is a good advice me ether dont follow in some sugestions only by any people in the internet they are also promoting that ICO. The most good option is to study and read more about the whitepaper and people who back up this project.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀