Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:51:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is now banned in JAMAICA  (Read 983 times)
MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:09:01 PM

Bitcoin is getting banned in jamaica heard recent news
about this ban, stated by the Bank Of Jamaica avoiding this virtual
currency called bitcoin. if you have anymore news leave in post below.
👍 respect. Smiley
Same Algeria and Maroco ... third world countries trying to close up on their people financial freedom at all cost ,because they feel treatened it might
wreck their economy . Really sad to see ,but I think after the big leading countries start making clear rules and regulations on cryptocurencies.
These countries will follow and change their stance about it.
Anyhow news like this won't really affect the market unless it's from the big dogs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:11:22 PM

11 times out of 10 a central bank 'banning' Bitcoin truly means 'please be careful. We're not going to cover your arses' when people can be bothered to read the 2-3 actual sentences what they wrote. And rightly so. It's not their problem. I'll wait to be proven wrong. It's what almost every other central bank has done.

You just hit it spot on. Sometimes ago when there was proliferation of ponzi scheme in the country there were several bans by all of the regulatory bodies that have to do with finance but still they were unable to stop any of such movement of money since they can't stop.people from sending money to each other. All of the bans were just for them to say "we are aware of what is going on" and invest at your own risk and eventually when all of the ponzi crashed, no one could hold government or its agencies responsible the same thing going down here.

But seems in Jamaica the situation is more complicated and shady than Ponzi schemes. It's about human trafficking, that is what is worring the local authorities. Anyway, I didn't find anything about a total ban over Bitcoin (yet). I don't doubt in few weeks or months they ban it completely because the reason listed above. They are studying what can be done about the issue, and what comes next is a ban or a heavy regulation, no doubt about it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:12:40 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 01:41:06 AM by kotajikikox

👍 respect. Smiley

this sad to heard but please give the link about your news sir? maybe this an black propagate to destroy the bitcoin as virtual cryptocurrency
have many times i heard about central bank ban the bitcoin in a differrent country but until now people continue to adopt bitcoin in their lives this the proof nobody can stop the cryptos being decentralized currency using internet.
ban in one location but in other location can use bitcoin in online transaction to buy things using the new technology of digital currency.

Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:20:04 PM

Your subject says bitcoin is banned in Jamaica and here you are telling that bitcoin is getting banned,which one is true. Roll Eyes Either way ,even if there is a ban,i do not see any difference in the market as i am not sure what their trading volumes are and more over a central bank coming out and declaring a ban in bitcoin,i am not sure about that.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:04:50 AM

This news is very fake , in fact the central bank has formed a committee to look into ways and means how crypto currencies might be beneficial and to build awareness . I think this is the right approach as a number of islands in the Caribbean lost their correspondent overseas banks who simply dropped them as they claimed they were putting their banks at risk by doing business with some Caribbean countries including Jamaica. Some of the smaller island would have no doubt found this to have a crippling effect on their economy as business would have to scramble to  form new linkages to get cross border transactions done. I truly hope they can find a solution to this dilemma in crypto currencies.

CryptoDemonElite

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:28:27 AM

That is very shocking! Please share your sources because I haven't heard any news on this ban If the ban is true we are in for an uphill battle friends.

The only source is the OP's anus. As ever it's complete bollocks misinterpreted by a pinhead with the reading comprehension of a kitten after a stroke.

I think this guy is spreading more fud to screw around with people. I did a Google search and there was no mention of Jamaica banning bitcoin, but I did found that the bank of Jamaica is planning to launch a bitcoin exchange.
truthonlyhero

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:31:32 AM

Well , we can't do anything about it, some countries will ban it and some not.
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:41:16 AM

This news was really really sad, what if other countries will follow.. I hope Government will study deeply about bitcoin for them to understand that this bitcoin is very beneficial to us. Not because they dont know about this, means its illegal.
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:27:27 AM

👍 respect. Smiley

... another country
NotAtOld

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:38:18 AM

👍 respect. Smiley

Bad news, it is so hard to imagine that someday cryptocurrency will fall under the governments' restrictions
Linhkej

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:46:04 AM

👍 respect. Smiley
The ban on bitcoin is taking place in many countries around the world. But that will not affect the bitcoin too much. Countries that have banned bitcoins will still have a lot of people in that country using bitcoin. Governments can not come to each household to check on the websites that people have visited.
So bitcoin will continue to grow and you should not be so worried about them.
Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:39:02 AM

I think the reason why banks are banning bitcoin is because they are not getting anything from it. Bitcoin is already a part of our life and it's giving us earnings as well. Banning bitcoin and other altcoins should be stop. We just need to focus on eliminating the scam cryptocurrencies.

anjaydut

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:48:09 AM

it seems that every central bank really wants to destroy bitcoin, rejection of bitcoin occurs everywhere
but also not a few who accept it, I prefer what is done by japan, japan really understand the technology unlike other countries, and one day those who refuse will regret it.

andylioe78

Activity: 267

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:48:24 AM

This may indicate that although bitcoin is banned by some central banks. But this will not close our access to continue using bitcoin. I am not worried about this news so much news about countries that ban bitcoin.
linshisui38

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:49:27 AM

👍 respect. Smiley

It's obviously bad news, and every time I hear something like that it makes me feel uneasy. Although I have faith in bitcoin.

Jamaica's ban on bitcoin has little impact on the world. It is not China, the United States, and such a big country.
damrianto

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:27:30 PM

some banks are prohibited from using bitcoin one of them is jamaica bank because it keeps including big influence from some big country country like USA and china. this not necessarily jamaica population do not accept ,, most of this population still use bitcoin as investment place ..
HitbtcSCAM

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:02:40 PM

It is not bad news it is called FUD.News that is not true
Analyzing something to see how to control it does not mean it is banned.Like trying to control a car when you drive it does that mean cars are banned?
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:04:52 PM

👍 respect. Smiley
I don't even know what's the name of their currency, just to say how much I care about this news  Grin
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:14:50 PM

That is very shocking! Please share your sources because I haven't heard any news on this ban If the ban is true we are in for an uphill battle friends.

Well yes we have got to blame someone, anyone instead of the development team for sitting on it's arse for eight years knowing that
Bitcoin would not scale and cashing in as miners and charging $55 per transaction eight weeks ago.

I mean no one told us that the new lightning network was off-block, you know off the marvelous block-chain that we all love or that
it was based on a system of banking hubs that charge both transaction fees and interest on BTC needed to keep the channels open or
that the protocol that won't be accessible from wallets give them bankers privileges.

No sir, we got to blame de rasta man, dem smash up de network, steel from I and I  Roll Eyes

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:23:57 PM

most of this population still use bitcoin as investment place ..

Yes investment place and it says in your advert "ADEPT Blossom Distribution" and I was wondering if you have
any tulips for sale because I want to get in and make an "investment" before everyone else rushes in.

Facts are that most of the population don't even have access to electricity let alone go gambling on
digital coins so stop taking FUD just to get page impressions on you comments.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: