Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is now banned in JAMAICA  (Read 983 times)
Tuesto

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:35:23 AM

I think jamaica can also be banned because many countries banned it, but then it is starting to support all countries in a state of understanding that it is indeed a huge and unavoidable situation.
UnderTHeCoin

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:36:23 AM

What does it mean by users? If you are a Jamaican citizen and earn/cash out bitcoins using other methods than bank transfers they don't have control
Hobo66 (OP)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:22:55 PM

I heard more info and I was wrong about the ban of bitcoin in jamaica,
the banks where just letting people know that this currency cant be taken
to court if you lost money investing in this virtual currency bitcoin, they
where just giving a heads up warning news.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:30:58 PM

Dorlan Francis, a financial consultant, criticized the decision of the Bank of Jamaica to open Bitcoin's first licensed exchange with the country.

Change is an important thing, but they are difficult to bring to life. Any changes encounter resistance, which is proportional to their strength. Bitcoin forever intends to change the monetary system. And it is natural that there are people who are going to resist this, believing that states should manage the economy, and the new monetary system is meaningless and harmful.

Dorlan Francis, an independent financial consultant and author of the book Economic and Financial Crisis of 2007, recently wrote an article in which he urged to limit Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies working in a similar way. He also criticized the Bank of Jamaica for wanting to start regulating Bitcoin's local exchanges.
ChungCrews

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:29:34 PM

This's reason why it's alway poor
frillyblockG

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:39:14 PM

Hatsoff to Jamaica. when all are backing this nation came forward atleast bitcoins a chance to prove its worth. Smiley
bugdirty8

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:39:34 PM

Can you or anyone post some official link to the announcement? I want to know on what basis did they do soo Sad
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:55:37 PM

damn, its a bad news for bitcoin and other cryptocurrency price, because its makes bitcoin and other cryptocurrency demand on market drop and i think if other country do this again the price of bitcoin and altcoin will drop and drop again, so i hope that bitcoin and cryptocurrency makes the good news and big project so the price of bitcoin can rising up again and leave the low price value

plumosemagellanicR

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:48:27 AM

Rather a courageous and correct step btcs either way would have destroyed the jamaican economy totally Sad
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:07:50 PM

Bitcoin is getting banned in jamaica heard recent news
about this ban, stated by the Bank Of Jamaica avoiding this virtual
currency called bitcoin. if you have anymore news leave in post below.
👍 respect. Smiley

Even the rastas have seen that make-believe money is no good - and being virtual it can't even be smoked.....
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:26:10 PM

If bob marley was alive he would be supporting bitcoin, even writing reggae tunes about it. No more government control, banks investing out money into risky investments and asking tax payers to bail them out. Come on Jamaica, the home of Marley should be all about freedom
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:29:43 PM

👍 respect. Smiley

Fake news this is how peplw spreaded that bitcoin has been banned in Australia and India. When read the complete news we can able to understand that warning and risk involvment has been explained there is no other issues mate.
If you read the mutual funds and share market funds then you will be able to see the risk involvement policy in every country. So we cannot say it is banned or something. Same applies on bitcoin too.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:31:10 PM

👍 respect. Smiley
Only bank of jamaica is avoiding virtual currency so that means not the government?why you people are so over reactants?this is too far from the topic itself.stop doing this thread coz its not helping our cryptocurrency world.lets get together to make a growth,every post we made must be in favor of crypto annot those bad news
JennetCK

Activity: 305

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:36:17 PM

👍 respect. Smiley
Many central banks are shutting down bitcoin recently but I think this will not made a huge impact. Bitcoin is not the center of Jamaica, it is nit their world. They are a herbal country (just kidding on this if you know what I mean), they will gonna use their resources in their country. I mean, Jamaica is a free country, anything will do.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:44:03 PM

I didn't see any news about a ban on bitcoin in Jamaica. Or maybe bitcoin is less of a media spotlight in jamaica. I think this is just some kind of behavior of people who want to spread FUD.

daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:55:47 PM

👍 respect. Smiley

Can you please share the official source where Bank Of Jamaica said that? I searched but wasn't able to find any such news.
But if this is true, its nothing surprising to me and I see many more governments joining this list in future. Central banks owned by governments don't have much benefit in adopting the cryptocurrency revolution that's why they are placing a complete ban.
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:03:14 PM

https://bravenewcoin.com/news/the-central-bank-of-jamaica-is-actively-building-cryptocurrency-awareness/

This was the recent news of Bitcoin in Jamaica in August 2017. No need to even click the link as what you can see in its specific article and also no need for explanation on what was the article all about. The article will speak itself for you, OP.  Stupid fear-inducing people these days, I swear. Posting blindly random crappy threads without even proving their point.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:13:13 PM

👍 respect. Smiley
If the Bank of Jamaica stops providing services in the crypto currency, it does not mean anything for the whole country. Jamaica is a very small island country and does not have any influence on cryptoapple. In addition, as I understand, the circulation of the crypto currency will continue there. Therefore, there is nothing that deserves our attention.
rainezerr

Activity: 378

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:19:15 PM

👍 respect. Smiley

Banning of bitcoins in other country does not really matter because there are still a lot of people in other countries who are interested on investing in cryptocurrency and as long as there is internet then bitcoins will continue to rise since the demand in the market is keep on increasing.

senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:57:25 PM

Probably fake news, but who cares it's jamaica this isn't going to matter anyway. And in the long run they will cry when they see the big countries are actually adopting.

Exactly, seems like a fake news or just wanted to create FUD among people to lower the price nothing else. Tried to dig inside the news but still no sources on interest are confirming this news, which just indicates it as another rumor. Bitcoin is already struggling to make a upward move and such news can only degrade its status in local exchanges. Also, people are now more smart and they try to investigate rather than blind following which saves them from such fake news.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: