Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:27:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is now banned in JAMAICA  (Read 983 times)
ram64GB

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 02:44:57 AM

Perhaps you can still use your saved BTC on online store that accepts Bitcoin.
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:56:07 AM

that's quite not surprising to me, since they're lack of general information about how bitcoin works. or they do know but meh whatever.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:06:44 AM

Bitcoin is getting banned in jamaica heard recent news
about this ban, stated by the Bank Of Jamaica avoiding this virtual
currency called bitcoin. if you have anymore news leave in post below.
👍 respect. Smiley

I think that one of the reasons for this ban was the increased use of bitcoins in the slave trade, which occurs in the territory of Jamaica. Slave traders increasingly use bitcoins and other crypto-currencies, and deals are concluded in darknet. At a conference in New Kingston to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism, the Jamaican police stressed the need to eliminate the financial flows of slavers. I guess they found a way out of the current situation in the prohibition of Bitcoin.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:10:03 AM

👍 respect. Smiley

It does not matter if they ban bitcoins or all the cryptocurrency because there are still big countries like russia, japan, korea who is allowing bitcoins on their area so people can still invest and bitcoins will grow even more and there's nothing to worry about the market.

dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:14:47 AM

Banned like "completely banned"? I really cannot believe that. Probably a totally non-legit fud, taken out of the context. Any Jamaicans to confirm?

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:47:07 AM

Banned like "completely banned"? I really cannot believe that. Probably a totally non-legit fud, taken out of the context. Any Jamaicans to confirm?
a complete ban is not possible but they can have rights to close all local exchanges in their country. But who knows this is real or fake news there is no any official news from Jamaica government. Suppose if they announced means that news clip must be available on youtube. I think this is a fake news let's wait until any Jamaicans to confirm.
Jimbo Abu

Activity: 170
Merit: 6

(┛❍ᴥ❍)┛彡Axi

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:51:27 AM

I feel not worried, because I know Bitcoin is still the most trusted investment. And it is the most valuable coin. So if there are some countries ban the Bitcoin, they lost the most important that can be earn even in a simple person.

/Bitcoin / Ethereum / Ripple /
cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:55:48 AM

The countries banning bitcoin obviously don't have much knowledge that is unbiased and fair. The officials may also do this because they understand it is coming to disrupt the status quo of what they are benefiting from.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:57:48 AM

Restriction ,regulation and banning of bitcoin may differ from different countries, territories or region. Some government will interfere the transaction that may passing thru their territories and some want to implement tax regulation or other might fear that it could be exploited for terror financing and some form of money laundering and for gambling purposes. Overall if bitcoin utilised properly and legally then there is no reason to ban it in other countries.
Musstang

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:22:36 AM

👍 respect. Smiley
Another ban that I have not heard of. But it seems that bitkoinu to Jamaica do not care. In Jamaica, there are only 2.8 million people, so in the bitcoin, this prohibition should not be reflected in any way.

|▶   GREENX   |  THE WORLD’S MOST SOPHISTICATED GREEN ENERGY NETWORK   ◀|
Whitepaper   |▶     Private Sale 16 Apr 2018     ◀|   Presentation
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium    GitHub    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:47:18 AM

Its all done by central banks because their huge revenue going because of Remittance industry. Now they want to stop this even peopele are going for decentrelised lending platform this peopel cant bare that also . Central banks still fighting against bitcoin . My answer "I dont care"
GamblingPurveyor

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:35:45 AM

Story for the gods,  all the central bank can do in the country is to hold any transaction having a description of bitcoin or crypto currency in it.  Bitcoin is anonymous and cannot be banned by a government or any Central Bank,  bitcoin don't care about what anyone says or even think.  They are only trying to create FUD in other to cause panic sell which will enable them buy as many coin as possible.
bingungsekali

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:53:21 AM

👍 respect. Smiley
I think the ban is very strange .. maybe the government in jamaica do not know if bitcoin every year pay taxes to the country and in my opinion that is a good thing for jamaica country.
puguh212

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:36:06 AM

I don't think this is a big problem. i think if china or USA prohibiting bitcoin circulation that make big problem. actually, bitcoin is not a risk if we can predict bitcoin prices, like trading normally.
bellaayu

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:50:52 AM

I don't think this is a big problem. i think if china or USA prohibiting bitcoin circulation that make big problem. actually, bitcoin is not a risk if we can predict bitcoin prices, like trading normally.

What you say is true, if China or the United States forbid it will certainly be so all the prices in the market are definitely down. And reduces investor.

dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:14:03 AM

👍 respect. Smiley
Well a lot of banks does not accept bitcoin but i think that it would not stop its people from using bitcoin. Anyways, bitcoin will not die if Bank of Jamaica really do ban bitcoin from their country.
rahul10948

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:36:42 AM

It's very sad to hear this type of news....but this is the truth. Some county will accept it like Japan,South Korea and other will banned it like Pakistan Jamaica....But eventually the Bitcoin will be widely accepted as the day passes and more and more public get attached to it's distruptive technology....So it's not a worry if some small county banned it...they will regret at some point
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:59:44 PM

Central banks of some countries have recently closed Bitcoin. Now the news is banned by Jamaica's Kendriya Bank and it has been banned. But I think it will not create such a big impact. This is not a center in Jamaica, but it is nit in their world.
Besides Jamaica is a small island. I mean, Jamaica is a free country, they can do everything they want. Nevertheless, regret is to show that the use of a country will be reduced. Which will affect the Bitcoin community.
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:38:44 AM

👍 respect. Smiley

I think it is not a new thing that bank doesn't allowed cryptocurrency.
crypto can disrupt existing bank system in every countries. only a few bank accept crypto.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
PIMPdev

Activity: 584
Merit: 102

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:54:15 AM

why did jamaica banned bitcoin , they must sell weeds for bitcoin and sell music for bitcoins and for crypto currency too Smiley

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: