Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 02:57:38 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2019, 02:39:05 PM by jeffreylin_

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyDisco

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:06:52 PM

My picks are LTC/DGC/SRC/FRK/FST

nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:08:09 PM

Im pretty new to the notion of alternative cryptocurrencies, and am looking to see which one can be profittable and won't become worthless. Also, I should be able to mine it on a fairly new laptop. What can the community suggest?

As far as we talk about buying then you may follow this site.

https://twitter.com/CryptonInvest

Has nearly perfect predictions. And is completely neutral. Also there are coins which you could mine as well. Laptop mining is long gone if you want big profits.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
Metatron

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:53:46 PM

For a newbie with a laptop for mining, the best thing to do is to use MultiMiner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.0

You can set strategies on how and what to mine, for example you can choose to mine coins that are profitable (according to CoinChoose), or having the best price or having the least difficulty.

All you have to do if fill the coins' details with your pools URLs and miners credentials and let the mining be done efficiently without you worrying what is best.

You can even extend this 'setup' by using Cryptsy exchange. In the pools you register enter the Cryptsy deposit-generated address (so you won't need to download several coin wallets) and the mined coins are sent there directly. (Note that this does not work with P2Pools as stated on Cryptsy).
You can even use their latest feature to autotrade the coins everytime there is a deposit for a true hands-off system for newbies.

My friends and I are currently using this same system (don't have access to big/good mining rigs at the moment in Uni) and we're using laptops too.
I can say that till now we're really seeing some good progress with the little hashrate we have - LTC and BTC are rising everyday in our accounts even though little by little by means of this system.

Hope this gives you a lead at least...  Grin

>>> If I've been of any help pls consider donating any cryptocurrency to my Cryptsy - [Trade Key: f400d7b9519d125b9908427c6ab1f28e918e3947] <<<
claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:02:22 PM

You really just need to do your own reading/investigation/analysis if you are serious about getting involved.

KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:07:51 PM

Tigercoin just launched.... It seems fast enough...

No-one has yet made a coin I truly like....

I want to see around 700 Billion to 1.5 Trillion maximum coins... Sha256 (or something more advanced)
The mining reward dropping by smaller increments (20% every year for example)
Fast confirms, transactions confirming under 1 minute (fully) ....

A few other things ( I won't go into detail)

I like ZET (mining it is about as profitable as bitcoin (now a little less)) Fast confirms 20x bitcoin
       Tigercoin (absolutely new (unfortunately has super-blocks)) I hate superblocks. Fast confirms
       NBC           New Bitcoin (4 times faster than bitcoin, 4 times the money supply clone by some chinese people)

These are alts I hold some amount of and I would trade actual goods for (or bitcoin if you named the right price)

Bitcoin is the king of the hill...
It's monstrous how much money is in bitcoin though..... 1 bitcoin being worth 100+ Dollars is kind of insane....
Then again there are only about 10M in circulation...

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:09:56 PM

Redcoin has a great Dev & lots of services with many more on the horizon. Worldcoin could be good too....

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
roxannemmorganB599

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:02:57 AM

You look into primecoin it will overtake litecoin soon.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:50:57 AM

I personally like ADT and SXC Smiley ( there is a thread on here but the best place to go for ADT is the ADT forum www.adt.altcointalk.co.uk )

Metatron

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:08:16 AM

For a newbie with a laptop for mining, the best thing to do is to use MultiMiner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.0

You can set strategies on how and what to mine, for example you can choose to mine coins that are profitable (according to CoinChoose), or having the best price or having the least difficulty.

All you have to do if fill the coins' details with your pools URLs and miners credentials and let the mining be done efficiently without you worrying what is best.

You can even extend this 'setup' by using Cryptsy exchange. In the pools you register enter the Cryptsy deposit-generated address (so you won't need to download several coin wallets) and the mined coins are sent there directly. (Note that this does not work with P2Pools as stated on Cryptsy).
You can even use their latest feature to autotrade the coins everytime there is a deposit for a true hands-off system for newbies.

My friends and I are currently using this same system (don't have access to big/good mining rigs at the moment in Uni) and we're using laptops too.
I can say that till now we're really seeing some good progress with the little hashrate we have - LTC and BTC are rising everyday in our accounts even though little by little by means of this system.

I currently use cgminer, is there that much of a difference? I could just get a pool for every coin and set it to load balance.

MultiMiner uses cgminer (or bfgminer) to mine.
It is just an 'intelligent' GUI for cgminer
Read that thread - there's loads of info in there Wink

>>> If I've been of any help pls consider donating any cryptocurrency to my Cryptsy - [Trade Key: f400d7b9519d125b9908427c6ab1f28e918e3947] <<<
meta.p02

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:14:22 AM

Mining to make bitcoins -> Middlecoin (autoconvert to BTC; 3% fee)

Mining to support altcoins -> Multiminer (as people have suggested).

I think LTC is still the best bet, since it is most well-known among the altcoins. FTC and TRC known for wild difficulty swings, which can make for profitable mining in periods of low difficulty, so you can set up MultiMiner for those too.

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
statusd111

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 07:51:32 AM

Try worldcoins they are awesooooome

WDC : WUqcvBVdpj1NVJwhA8juqTgrajeJLyNJaZ | Freenode @ #worldcoin | http://worldcoinforum.org/
hoewer4what

Activity: 173

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:03:38 AM

You really just need to do your own reading/investigation/analysis if you are serious about getting involved.

This. And laptop mining might be used only for fun, do not expect profit here
n00ber

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:21:49 AM

My favorite CGB, DMD, BTG and IFC they are also awesome.  Smiley

viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem