Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:41:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY are there so many COINs?  (Read 699 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:50:44 PM

Is it even profitable to mine some of the coins?
Will they (coins) ever be as high as BTC?
What are the top coins people should invest mining time in Huh ><>
Thanks

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:00:46 PM

Is it even profitable to mine some of the coins?
Will they (coins) ever be as high as BTC?
What are the top coins people should invest mining time in Huh ><>
Thanks
yeah just use a pool that switches to the most profitable coin at the moment. that is if you have no means to efficiently mine BTC.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 04:05:56 PM

So that sharks can speculate on BTC-e and Cryptsy. Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 11:06:23 PM

Opensource. 
Instructions on how to clone a coin have been put out there so even people without much knowledge can make one.

roxannemmorganB599

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:08:22 AM

It's greed. I think primecoin has a big change to make it to the next level.
maanto

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:21:30 AM

You could say the same things about Bitcoin.

Personally, I cloned a coin so that I could learn more about cryptography, C++, linux, and networking.
I cannot speak for everyone else, but that is my reason for you.

edit:
I still accept bitcoin, but I choose to mine my personal favorite coin.
It's really up to you which one you'd like to mine. There are a lot of choices out there, so one is likely to appeal to you.
marcetin
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 12:53:40 AM

Re: WHY are there so many COINs?

Because this is new technology in it's exponential development!  Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:02:41 AM

Because this is new technology in it's exponential development!  Grin

This. Everyone is trying to make the next big coin, so they can strike it rich. However, what it is actually doing is creating a lot of innovation (and a lot of spam). The coins that are bad will die, and hopefully new coins will take the best aspects of the ones that fail to make a very neat coin.
wedge

Activity: 187

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:38:41 AM

It's a social/economic experiment to see what the free market would look like if there was no patent system.

cadcoin

Activity: 151

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:42:20 AM

The evolution of coins is happening right now. The best coin will survive and the bad will die and forgotten.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 01:48:42 AM

Opensource. 
Instructions on how to clone a coin have been put out there so even people without much knowledge can make one.

citation? Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: