Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:47:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bounty .05BTC] Little Single BFL ASic miner. Not getting crap for coins  (Read 3824 times)
kgonepostl (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:49:55 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 05:36:27 PM by kgonepostl

So this really got me upset with the eclypse pool. I've been using dgm for 1 or 2 weeks. I'm mining at 30gh/s on the pool according to the charts.

I'm making like 0.10 a day. According to a hashing calculator I should be making 0.1736 a day. Now I know DGM takes long to catch up but how much long should I have to wait I'm sorry, I'm really frustrated and this stuff is tough.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:53:43 PM

Not sure I follow. You're making 10 Bitcoins/day instead of 0.something? Why is that an issue?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:59:30 PM

*****rephrased the original post to make more sense
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:03:31 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 05:43:10 PM by kgonepostl

Also, I switched the workers to PPS then switched back. Does my DGM reset completely or pickup where I left off?

Sorry! I'm a n00b. I read a bunch of articles and maybe I missed it but I tried! "DGM vs. PPS" I'm just desperate as hell with the dificulty level going up so quick and there was no time frame in that thread of how long dgm takes to catch up. What's the best payout method and pool for a BFL little single? SO FRUSTRATED!! ***deep breathes*** Angry

I'm using BFG Miner
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:06:44 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 05:50:41 PM by kgonepostl

Update:

I'll pay .05 aka 8 dollars to anybody who can answer my questions and set me up right, to get the most I can for my Little Single machine.
Zanatos666

Activity: 280

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:08:36 PM

Update:

I'll pay .05 aka 8 dollars to anybody who can answer my questions and set me up right, to get the most I can for my Little Single machine.

With DGM, its all about the "luck" off the pool, meaning how soon that pool can solve a block, and thus get the reward for it.  The more blocks it finds, the more it can pay out (in theory). If you look over the last 2 days of Eclipse, its been hit with some long long blocks.  One was 6 hours, one was 9 hours, and then there was another that was 15 hours long. That means for those using DGM are having a bad luck streak over the last 24 hours or so.  But then there are times when you get blocks solve din 45 minutes and back to back to back.  Those are the good luck streak.  Thats why they say that over time it balances out.  Usually though they say if you have enough hash power and are using DGM, and at a decent pool (which eclipse would be one) then you can get about a 60/40 ratio and thus get paid out more.

But some people dont line the inconsistency, which is why they choose PPS.  Its more flat.  You take the price per share that the pool is paying out and for every share you submit, regardless if a block is solved or not, you get credit for it and will get paid for it.  Its more consistent, but you also dont leave yourself open to being able to get on a good luck streak with a pool when it starts solving blocks quickly.

So you need to decide, do you want luck and the potential to earn more over a long period of time? Or do you want consistent flow of coins that only changes when the difficulty changes?

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:35:52 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 09:53:01 PM by kgonepostl

How could a site report 30k mh/s and for the past 3 days only make around 0.10BTC on average? That's 0.07 behind what I should be. You mentioned there was bad luck this past day but it's been a while I've been noticing this ever since I started dgm. How long does it "catch up?" to the 0.17 I'm suppose to get? And what's this 60/40 ratio you speak of?

So by luck you mean that if the blocks take forever for the week, there are less solved blocks, in turn I don't get paid nearly as much as I should? How does it catch up for lost coins?
panda1

Activity: 187

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:51:55 PM

Besides luck and number of blocks solved, other miners joining/leaving the pool will also affect how many coins you get per day.
Try mining on another pool for a few days and see if you get better returns.
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:56:08 PM

Besides luck and number of blocks solved, other miners joining/leaving the pool will also affect how many coins you get per day.
Try mining on another pool for a few days and see if you get better returns.

What pools do you suggest for my configuration? 30gh/s Asic Miner....I want all the bitcoins I can get! :-)
MoneyMorpheus

Activity: 251

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 10:00:46 PM

use btcguild with pps  Wink

Best altcoin exchange: https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=241-35101
https://bter.com/signup/121418 | You may run into issues some time, but support will take care of you threw qq in chinese hours
1EGoA5LMV391Psf8ZHShTkTd3tQ6URKQEp
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:05:39 PM

use btcguild with pps  Wink
5% PPS fee + an additional 3 percent. So 8 percent commission. May I ask why you're a fan. I'm still pretty new to this....
MoneyMorpheus

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 10:15:19 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 04:22:12 AM by rastanthology

I'm not the only fan, check bitcoincharts, most of the btc comunity uses btcguild, and it has being like that for a long time, I figured there must be a reason for it...

Other than that it works quite well, my jalapeño should be doing 0.0422 at current dificulty and I get 0.038/0.04 (depending how fast he decides to hash) every 24 hours... You actually get what its advertised, and never experienced a down in service since I started using it...

Lately with the difficulty increasing rapidly I being having tough luck with PPLNS even on btcguild that has the majority of the network, so I switced to pps and never looked back...

If anyone has a better pool feel free to mention it here...

https://bter.com/signup/121418 | You may run into issues some time, but support will take care of you threw qq in chinese hours
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 10:19:32 PM

50BTC.com on pay per share netted me the best payout while mining!

If the pool you are mining on is weak or gets DDOS, You will bleed mining profit.

Go check out 50BTC.com man. You'll be happier there!

1DRS62jrxUAK3rhBA7UCEdvs5bpeo9w27C

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MoneyMorpheus

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 10:24:46 PM

If the pool you are mining on is weak or gets DDOS, You will bleed mining profit.

you can always use --failover-only in cgminer to have a backup server/pool in case it gets ddosed...

kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:37:54 PM

50btc seems legit. I don't want to pay any fees I don't have to so btcguild's 8% commission "pps+commission" seems out of the question. I'll give 50BTC a try.

What is better for my 30gh/s little single. BFG Miner or CgMiner? I'm guessing it doesn't matter?
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:44:10 AM

I would use slush's pool. Great owner and a great pool.
Also the software used to run shouldn't matter. I would recommend trying both and comparing stability etc.

Message me if you have any problems
kgonepostl (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:34:13 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 06:51:59 AM by kgonepostl

Load balancing is enabled in bfl miner.  Does load balancing mean that it's hashrate divided by number of pools in the .config file? This is my bfgminer config. Should I "load-balance" : false, so my hashrate doesn't spread accross over 3 pools since I'm using pps? I'm leaning towards; yes??

My goal is to list a few pools in the config so if one goes down another will pick up my mining work. UNLESS there's a benefit to load balancing!!

Is that why I was getting such poor rewards with dgm mining??? Because I had 3 pools listed with load balancing???

Code:
 {
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "pool.50btc.com:8332",
"user" : "worker",
"pass" : "password",
"pool-priority" : "0"
},
{
"url" : "http://us2.eclipsemc.com:8337",
"pool-priority" : "1"
},
{
"url" : "http://us3.eclipsemc.com:8337",
"pool-priority" : "2"
}
]
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-target" : "89",
"api-port" : "4028",
"disable-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"failover-only" : false,
"log" : "1",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"skip-security-checks" : "0",
"submit-stale" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
[b][color=red]"load-balance" : true,[/color][/b]
"kernel-path" : "C:\\Program Files\\BFGMiner\\/share/bfgminer"
}

firsttimeuser

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:23:47 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

btw I prefer bitminter.com and/or any pools with merged mining..
NameCoin is aproximatly +2% to your profit

Good Luck  Wink

p.s. waiting for my Little Single and Jalopeno wtich will never ROI.. grrr
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 02:14:32 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 02:38:48 PM by crazyates

I have 90GH/s (with more coming. Hurry up!), and I split it between 3 pools. Use "balance" rather than "load-balance". It works so much better.

I use Ozcoin, Slush, and BitMinter, but you could use 50BTC, BTCGuild, EMC, or any of the other major pools. Each one reports right around 30GH/s, which is to be expected. Actually splits the hashrate fairly evenly, which is nice. It's also nice that all 3 pools get the same hashrate, and pay out roughly the same amount over the long-haul.

Remember that DGM can take a day or so to fully ramp up your earnings. Similar to PPLNS (which is also an acceptable payout method, IMO), DGM pays you for previous rounds. As soon as your pool finds a block, your payout for the next round is not set to zero, but instead carries some earnings over from the previous rounds. When you first start mining, you have no previous rounds to add to your payout, so you will earn very little for the first day or two. Then the opposite is true: you can stop mining on Ozcoin DGM right now, and you would continue to get earnings for the next several hours as Ozcoin finds blocks. (EDIT: Example: Ozcoin just found a block. It's been 2 minutes, and I already have an estimated payout of .024BTC for this round that just started. It carried over part of my score from the last round into this one.) It ends up evening out in the end. However, this can take a week or more to balance out. You will be paid for your full hashrate, but it will take some time.

And lastly, if you give it a week, and you still don't think that your pool is treating you fairly, try switching pools. giving the new pool(s) a week, and see if anything's different.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:21:50 PM

I split between BTCGuild (PPLNS) and Eligius.   Both pay out NMC so that's a bonus. 

BTCGuild seems to be a little more lucky due to it's HUGE share of the network, but Eligius is good in that there's no fees.  Both give me similar results.  Both are pretty solid as far as reliability is concerned.  Eligius' stats are work-in-progress, where BTCGuild's stats are slick.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: