Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:04:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting OpenWRT working on WL-520gU  (Read 3979 times)
OtaconEmmerich (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:16:49 PM

Figured I'd try posting about this again in the more proper forum section, I've had a WL-520gU sitting around and I wanna get it so I can mine on my BE's. I've gotten to the point so far that OpenWRT is installed and working somewhat stable, my biggest hurdle has been getting the Wireless and Network config files setup properly so it can get wireless or wired internet working. Can someone point me to one that works? All of the guides I've found are just WAY out of date or confuse the heck outta me.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stylesuxx

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:52:03 PM

Hey,
I don't think that you will get happy with that setup.
If you check the ddwrt wiki => http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_WL-520GU they state that the USB support is not that good.

I am also wondering why you had problems with the network settings. Last time flashing a router with *WRT, i think it was ddwrt or maybe tomato, this all worked out of the box including a webUI. Have you considered trying ddwrt?

Maybe you could post a link to the guide you followed and tell which step did not work for you.
OtaconEmmerich (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:47:16 PM

I know about the finky USB issues,  All have to do with USB 2.0 and far as I know the BE's use 1.0 or 1.1.
Also OpenWRT isn't your standard firmware install, It's more like a very basic generic installer that acts like Linux for routers. It doesn't have a WebUI enabled by default. Which is fine by me and I can navigate via CLI decently.
I WOULD use ddwrt if it was supported by BFGMiner(which it never will the way i look at it), I've seen the thread about getting CGminer working with dd-wrt but like you said the drivers are iffy on dd-wrt and I did try that a while ago with no success or much help.

All I really need is just a text file of the working wireless or network config or both for OpenWRT that isn't outdated by 2 years or more.

I'd plunk these on my N16 if they supported it over at the Repo I use but they choose not too for ASUSWRT-Merlin and I rather not flash OpenWRT as I have a hard enough time figuring it out on my WL-520gU.
OtaconEmmerich (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:12:08 PM

Honestly, if I had the time and the know how I'd compile the drivers on for the ASUSWRT-Merlin Repo myself...I'm pretty sure they have everything but the proper CP210x drivers. BE shows up as a GSM modem of all things..
OtaconEmmerich (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:57:03 PM

Well I've got it setup now so far that it connects to my router and shows up in the clients, but now I've got issues SSH'ing into the router now..
ARGH! When I thought I got it figured out another issue shows up  Angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: