Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:11:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone actually going to buy the 600 GH/s BFL unit after their customer serv?  (Read 15174 times)
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:55:57 AM

Well I have ordered one, But for me this was free so why not? I have received BFL units and after my ROI I have used funds to pay for the pre-order, I agree that BFL's shipping history it was a choice I had to make carefully but for me it's a case of "better late than never"
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:43:15 AM

Definately not

jungle_dave

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:56:14 PM

I nearly made a large investment in BFL equipment in April, thank god I didn't!
They were making the same claims then as they do now, faster then market hashing speeds, better manufactured products that wind up being duct taped together and arrive in your hands 1 year too late if at all.
For me they did the bare minimum to avoid legal issues by providing some units to a select few that praise the the product as superior even if it got here a bit late BFL then promise the super mining box as an upgrade for something the customer has not even received yet?!

I have allot more faith in companies like KnC, Hashfast and Cointerra to name a few but its a wait and see game.
One thing is for sure, all companies manufacturing ASIC chips and hardware up to now have had production problems, some just did a better job of dealing with those problems and communicating with there customers.

miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:07:32 PM

It would be about the same as pre-ordering a donkey kick right in the balls a year from now.. maybe longer..

sometime in late 2014, early 2015.. you will hear the doorbell ring... open the front door.. see the back side of a donkey.. then BAM..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:21:39 PM

another topic to cry abt BFL ...
Adeel06 (OP)

Activity: 217

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:54:41 PM

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure no one here is crying. We are just stating that a business should be run like a business. Not take customers money to support R&D and advertising. Since you have nothing to add to the conversation, kindly go somewhere else. Thanks.
Adeel06 (OP)

Activity: 217

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:55:46 PM

It would be about the same as pre-ordering a donkey kick right in the balls a year from now.. maybe longer..

sometime in late 2014, early 2015.. you will hear the doorbell ring... open the front door.. see the back side of a donkey.. then BAM..

You sir, are hilarious. Cheesy
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

I think you'd have to be a complete retard to order anything from bFL after their behaviour.

However. I also imagine that they get a large (or not most) of their orders from unsuspecting folks new to bTC who don't read these forums or know any better, and just get suckered into one of the many BFL ads around, such as the ones on a few of the bitcoin mining calculator sites.

I think I have a bigger chance of getting struck by lightening than seeing the Monarch ship on time.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 03:41:50 AM

I nearly made a large investment in BFL equipment in April, thank god I didn't!
They were making the same claims then as they do now, faster then market hashing speeds, better manufactured products that wind up being duct taped together and arrive in your hands 1 year too late if at all.
For me they did the bare minimum to avoid legal issues by providing some units to a select few that praise the the product as superior even if it got here a bit late BFL then promise the super mining box as an upgrade for something the customer has not even received yet?!

I have allot more faith in companies like KnC, Hashfast and Cointerra to name a few but its a wait and see game.
One thing is for sure, all companies manufacturing ASIC chips and hardware up to now have had production problems, some just did a better job of dealing with those problems and communicating with there customers.

My man, as someone that sold 2 BFL pre-orders I would have been very sad for you if that occurred.

In the latest Custom Hardware poll I ran for September, with 162 votes registered, BFL still garnered more votes for September pre-orders than HashFast or Cointerra! [That or a a few BFL puppets voted just to troll our poll, eheh].

2 guesses as to which mfg. fared the worst in this latest poll?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291775.0
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 03:44:39 PM

If you didn't order day 1 June 23rd, you got screwed.  Even those that did are only making 15% of what they should have.

Serious network protection was going on at BFL for most of 2013.  Parts have been ordered slow on purpose.  And wanting to hold longboard production over even further to implement xlink was retarded.  Hell, trying to cram everything onto a Jalapeno hoping it would cover all product lines might have been a failure done by design as well.

There are a lot of things an ASIC developer can do to create "plausible" delays.  There is a lot of incentive to purposefully delaying while a small 20TH mining farm somewhere was chugging away.

Lets all be happy for gigavps who was mining at 3.5TH since a diff of 9mil.  How nice for him.
polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:10:30 AM

Never trust what this company says about the number as Time is the cost.

ASICMiner provides almost nothing due to bad power-to-hash ratio (2.5W roughly for 300Mh/s), true hashrate for people if ordered as there is stock available. Also the representative on the forum, says there are many units available if interested.
noncecents

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 02:38:56 AM

Is anyone actually going to buy the 600 GH/s BFL unit after their customer service? The reason I ask this is because not only did their employees call their customers who waited a year "stupid" etc. but they used customer money to fund research and development along with marketing. I know I'll probably get flamed by Josh for this but if this wasn't the case, then the people who paid in BTC, why were their refunds offered in USD? So basically profit was made twice, once on sales, and second on BTC increase while people waited a year. I just wanted to know exactly how they plan on selling to people on bitcointalk.org as I have seen their advertisement on this site after their treatment of the people who allowed them to exist in the first place. By making their empty promises, the company profited in the millions because of peoples' wanting of a 1.5 TH/s miner, and the other miners which people thought would make them rich, but in actuality just made BFL rich. Like all my other posts, please keep the discussion positive and reasonable. BFL, realize this isn't a flame to you, but more of a wake up call. I have run numerous successful businesses and the most important thing in my mind is customer service. Hence, with my group buy, though I purchased systems already, along with cooling, humidity control and security structure. I still refunded peoples' money up until early August. With that, let's start some discussion!

I remember way back when BFL first started posting to forums they were saying that they were planning to ship product within three months (HAHA, OH GOD, HAH) and that if you pre-ordered you'd have product in hand within that time frame.

BFL has tried really well to do well by their customers but it was nearly impossible because of a lot of factors, some of which I'll list here:

1. The founders started out with zero experience and zero knowledge of product design and manufacturing, so there was a lot of trial and error, and every time there was an error it added months to the research, design and production of their product.

2. Because they were naive they were also very gullible. Every time the facilities working on their products screwed up or missed a deadline they offered BFL some kind of shiny reward for not dumping them and instead of sticking to their guns BFL took the shiny reward (more wafers in a shorter time, brushed metal cases instead of plain ones, etc etc).

3. Because their initial design was shit, they had to keep revising the product after they had already started production of parts. For example, they had already started producing standard mount chips before they realized that they couldn't keep them from overheating. They had to stop production of their chips altogether and start over with flip chips, which required the additional step of "bumping" the chips (adding little solder balls to them so they could be mounted upside down).

4. They are located in the US, so every company they went to with their product design knew they would be loose with money and so of course they over-charged them and took their sweet time producing parts for them while the other products being produced for other companies for companies who were much less patient and could have gone to any number of other fab houses got pushed ahead of BFL. Meanwhile the fabs kept telling BFL any day now, any day now.

BFL took WAAAAY too much time making sure they produced a beautiful, functional, aesthetically pleasing box that you're going to throw in a closet or garage and ignore.

What BFL should have done was what Avalon did: Start with a working design, test it, slap that shit in an ugly box and ship it. Fucking ship it. Just fucking get it out the door.

But no. They nit picked over every single tiny detail and so every product they've shipped has been either completely obsolete or nearly obsolete before it even got to their customers.

Look at all the people who ordered Jalapenos: The damn things aren't ROIing even now but there are still people waiting for their pre-orders.

I don't feel that BFL knowingly sold product they knew would be obsolete in order to fund their Monarch product. I believe what happened is that BFL simply wasn't able to meet the deadlines they thought they would because they didn't have the experience to produce product like Avalon.

I also believe that by the time they get the Monarch out the door (probably around Septermber-October next year) not only will the product be obsolete, but that most people won't be bothering with mining anymore because the network difficulty will be so high that it won't be possible to produce hardware that can mine efficiently enough to make a profit.

At that point what is supposed to happen is that people begin trading bitcoin instead of mining.

I'm anticipating one of two things will happen:

1. Bitcoin will become scared and the price will shoot up as people stop mining and start trading. The scarcity will come from all the people who bought mining hardware, did their mining, then cashed out their BTC for products, services or cash. The value of Bitcoin will spike for a while, then it will abruptly fall off because all the BTC will be with so few holders that no one will be able to trade for it (this is what typically happens with any capitalist economy).

2. The Bitcoin market will crash and everyone will dump the network because they're not forex traders, they're nerds with specialized computer hardware. I'm speculating that a good 90% or more of the people who mine Bitcoin have no concept of how to trade currencies and are only in it until mining is no longer feasible.
polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 02:35:26 PM

Better not to at this moment as real 100Gh/s module is just barely done in 28nm. Which will be available on or before 30 September 2013.

If like to do seriously, Get ASICMINER's stuff before ask more questions. I personally suggest you to order USB Eruptor as many as possible, each ATX based computer can represent at 120GH/s  (Each 10 represents as 3Gh/s, 3Gh/s by 40 sets, that is 400) while still has space for basic scrypt mining.
BorisAlt

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 03:58:31 PM

Better not to at this moment as real 100Gh/s module is just barely done in 28nm. Which will be available on or before 30 September 2013.

If like to do seriously, Get ASICMINER's stuff before ask more questions. I personally suggest you to order USB Eruptor as many as possible, each ATX based computer can represent at 120GH/s  (Each 10 represents as 3Gh/s, 3Gh/s by 40 sets, that is 400) while still has space for basic scrypt mining.
Sure. I will buy a 100 AM erupters right now for 0.085 each, or for 0.05 at the end of October. Do you see it happening? Probably not. If you just want do play, then order a few erupters and write off the loss on taxes (somehow Smiley ). Buying 400 erupters is just dumb at this point. I personally wait for AM blades price drop to under 3 and then red fury seems interesting. Since it's a hobby for me, it seems justifiable to drop a few hundred $$ here and there to play with the new shiny bitcoin toys.

As for BFL, I was one of the stupid ones who got into bitcoin game in April of 2013 after seeing an article in Wired where they showed a jally. I ordered one for $250 and now laughing my ass off at the naïveté. Good times.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:53:08 AM

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Byteme

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:06:11 AM

BFL is "located" in Kansas. Anyone live near there that can verify? I wonder if picking it up at the store is an option. Or just zerging the store/warehouse/offices whatever. lololol
MoneyMorpheus

Activity: 251

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 04:01:59 PM

BFL is "located" in Kansas. Anyone live near there that can verify? I wonder if picking it up at the store is an option. Or just zerging the store/warehouse/offices whatever. lololol

I think BFL "discontinued" local pickups before they started shipping...

Best altcoin exchange: https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=241-35101
https://bter.com/signup/121418 | You may run into issues some time, but support will take care of you threw qq in chinese hours
1EGoA5LMV391Psf8ZHShTkTd3tQ6URKQEp
kuusj98

Activity: 812

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 08:48:07 PM

Only people who have to goddamn many money, which are not many people but the early adopters.
Ashitank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:39:10 AM

Stay away from BLACK FUCKING HOLE { BFL }  , once u get sucked in the black hole , there is no coming out.  Kiss
fattypig

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 01:22:31 AM

No way, scammed once is enough.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: