Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone actually going to buy the 600 GH/s BFL unit after their customer serv?  (Read 15170 times)
Adeel06 (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:50:35 PM

Is anyone actually going to buy the 600 GH/s BFL unit after their customer service? The reason I ask this is because not only did their employees call their customers who waited a year "stupid" etc. but they used customer money to fund research and development along with marketing. I know I'll probably get flamed by Josh for this but if this wasn't the case, then the people who paid in BTC, why were their refunds offered in USD? So basically profit was made twice, once on sales, and second on BTC increase while people waited a year. I just wanted to know exactly how they plan on selling to people on bitcointalk.org as I have seen their advertisement on this site after their treatment of the people who allowed them to exist in the first place. By making their empty promises, the company profited in the millions because of peoples' wanting of a 1.5 TH/s miner, and the other miners which people thought would make them rich, but in actuality just made BFL rich. Like all my other posts, please keep the discussion positive and reasonable. BFL, realize this isn't a flame to you, but more of a wake up call. I have run numerous successful businesses and the most important thing in my mind is customer service. Hence, with my group buy, though I purchased systems already, along with cooling, humidity control and security structure. I still refunded peoples' money up until early August. With that, let's start some discussion!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 05:55:40 PM

Yes it really is a shame how they conducted themselves as a business and profited on the hopes and dreams of many people left in the dirt.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:25:23 PM

Yes those who already have an unfulfilled BFL preorder can upgrade to Monarch.  That is their target market.  And at this point this may be the only hope for users with pending BFL orders, as you can get an ASICMiner blade delivered next week for the price of a brand new single order placed today that would ship by Christmas ... hopefully?  LOL
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:33:38 PM

How many people have actually received their BFL miners? Other than the 2 500 GH/s systems I heard of?
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:36:14 PM

I just read this on their website "Butterfly Labs has shipped more ASIC products than all competitors combined"

ROFL. Okay, now I'm just getting upset. How can they blatantly lie like that when AsicMiner, Avalon, etc... have shipped TONS more than BFL. This is getting ridiculous now.
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:37:43 PM

Read this website for more details: http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/

Sadly, they are getting away with getting basically a loan that increased in value because of people's naiveity. The more I read into this, the more upset I am getting....
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:40:33 PM

"As a fairly early Bitcoin adopter and institutional miner, the choice for mining hardware comes down to innovation. Who is going to have the experience and best technology going forward to keep me ahead of the curve? The fact that BFL has a proven chip design, combined with their innovations in form factor and node size means that they will be hard to beat moving forward."
James Gibson - GigaVPS

One of the only 2 people that got a miner, GigaVPS. Haha... funny stuff.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 07:52:47 PM

One of the only 2 people that got a miner, GigaVPS. Haha... funny stuff.

Quite a few people have received theirs, but I'm sure those that have only comprise a small percentage of the total order book.  I'm glad you're doing your research instead of being blinded by greed like so many of those who went the BFL route.

Funny how you don't hear much from gigaVPS these days.  He used to be a a flagship member around here.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:06:51 PM

I would hope sanity prevails this time around, people have grown wiser to BFL's antics, and will not be supporting them with their latest offering.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:20:05 PM

I know of 3 people local that have received equipment. 2x500 ghash, 3x50ghash and 1 jally.
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 08:32:33 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2013, 08:51:16 PM by Ridicuss

I have 2 Jalepenos but canceled orders on 5 more jalapenos and 3 singles. Buy form BFL? I would like to say never again, but every time I say that, sometime in my life I have to go back on it. I like their gear, but the antics of the "Face of the company" are a complete turn off.

If that was the face of your company, could you stay in business?

My business is extremely competitive and if my representatives acted like that, none of us would have jobs.

edit: Took quote out. Did not intend to quote.

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:05:30 PM

Well I am happy that we are going to be providing a service soon to bitcoiners and already to have done a group buy with 9 systems for KnCminers jupiter. Hope they don't let us down like BFL did. I will NEVER buy from them. Wasted one year and 80K on these guys.
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 09:07:00 PM

I know of 3 people local that have received equipment. 2x500 ghash, 3x50ghash and 1 jally.

Yeah after waiting a year and a half for them to do r&d advertising etc with their money? That sounds legit. If I ever ran one of my businesses that way, I'd probably commit suicide from guilt. Then again, I have a conscience.
MoneyMorpheus

Activity: 251

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:20:42 PM

I'm one of the lucky ones that got his jalapeño, before a lot of other people that was behind me. But still I wouldn't buy a 600 ghs unit. Given their workspeed, customers service and everything I know I'm not walking down that path again...

Even that I was lucky I feel identified with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w

But I may be wrong...

Best altcoin exchange: https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=241-35101
https://bter.com/signup/121418 | You may run into issues some time, but support will take care of you threw qq in chinese hours
1EGoA5LMV391Psf8ZHShTkTd3tQ6URKQEp
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 09:35:48 PM

History will repeat itself once more. Sure a lot of people will not invest with them again, but a hell of a lot will prepay for fear of missing out.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:44:57 AM

History will repeat itself once more. Sure a lot of people will not invest with them again, but a hell of a lot will prepay for fear of missing out.

We just need another "bubble" and BFL will be set for life.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 02:04:22 AM

How many people have actually received their BFL miners? Other than the 2 500 GH/s systems I heard of?

I received my 30 GH/s Unit, Just 10 months late!

I'm happy because it allowed me to get into BTC.... If however they had shipped when they promised to I'd be sitting on dozens of thousands of dollars worth of BTC....Even if I had bought btc outright I would have made a better deal...

My miner will probably ROI (most of other BFLs won't)

My reason for buying the miner was never to ROI though, I just wanted to get into bitcoin (I have stated this many times in the BFL forum)

Honestly BFL created a far superior product to most of it's competitors at the time....

The avalon units seem a far worse deal to me....

Most ASIC manufacturers up to now have screwed up in many ways...

Maybe manufacturers like Cointerra and Bitfury won't continue with this model

There is no way a person could trust BFL to ship the 600 GH/s unit unless they promise to give you a 2% refund for every day they are late or something similar... Pre-orders need to have some parameters too!
BFL fails horribly at customer service because they didn't offer an easy way to get a refund... You'd have to fight it every step of the way. Being one of the few satisfied customers doesn't mean I didn't hear the outcry from the customers that were absolutely screwed (and not partially like me). Even Madbitcoins has orders that haven't yet been received from butterfly labs and is unable to get a refund (I sent him a bitcointalk thread that may help him).

BFL up to now has some really horrible business practices: A record of huge delays, Bad customer service, Unclear and changing purchasing terms, arbitrary increases in price, unreasonable shipping costs
On the other hand they do go from production to shipping quickly and efficiently, Their products hash at the promised rate and they are one of the first companies (and generally the first to ship 65nm at a very high volume...

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Adeel06 (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 03:17:29 AM

I received my 30 GH/s Unit, Just 10 months late!

I'm happy because it allowed me to get into BTC.... If however they had shipped when they promised to I'd be sitting on dozens of thousands of dollars worth of BTC....Even if I had bought btc outright I would have made a better deal...

My miner will probably ROI (most of other BFLs won't)

My reason for buying the miner was never to ROI though, I just wanted to get into bitcoin (I have stated this many times in the BFL forum)

Honestly BFL created a far superior product to most of it's competitors at the time....

The avalon units seem a far worse deal to me....

Most ASIC manufacturers up to now have screwed up in many ways...

Maybe manufacturers like Cointerra and Bitfury won't continue with this model

There is no way a person could trust BFL to ship the 600 GH/s unit unless they promise to give you a 2% refund for every day they are late or something similar... Pre-orders need to have some parameters too!
BFL fails horribly at customer service because they didn't offer an easy way to get a refund... You'd have to fight it every step of the way. Being one of the few satisfied customers doesn't mean I didn't hear the outcry from the customers that were absolutely screwed (and not partially like me). Even Madbitcoins has orders that haven't yet been received from butterfly labs and is unable to get a refund (I sent him a bitcointalk thread that may help him).

BFL up to now has some really horrible business practices: A record of huge delays, Bad customer service, Unclear and changing purchasing terms, arbitrary increases in price, unreasonable shipping costs
On the other hand they do go from production to shipping quickly and efficiently, Their products hash at the promised rate and they are one of the first companies (and generally the first to ship 65nm at a very high volume...

Am I high or did you just say they ship quickly and efficiently?! Lol. You should buy some products from one of my companies and see what quick and efficient shipping really looks like.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 04:19:25 AM

On the other hand they do go from production to shipping quickly and efficiently

"Quick" and "Efficient" are two words that cannot be used to describe anything about Butterfly Labs' current production debacle.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:37:35 AM

Hey KonstantinosM,if you think they go from production to shipping quickly and efficiently.......go ahead and place another order today......I dare ya.......you scared  Huh  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: