Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:09:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 50-60% of the wealth in this industry was whales and institutional investor.  (Read 95 times)
karamoris (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:07:50 AM

the news headlines, fud, ban rumors in korea/china/india were all red herrings. even some of the dumbest people on the planet don't sell something that lost half of its value; they'll justify to themselves that it will go back up eventually (just like verge and bitconnect owners and most of us). of all the average everyday people you know: how many of them do you know that bought bitcoin at 1Xk and sold at <10k? my point is that the only people who would sell bitcoin at 8000, for the most part, are bots and whales that got it for 4000. the remainder of what's left after the crash will be most of the average everyday people. i know some people sold when the market cap was at 600b to avoid further loss. but most are stubborn holders.
matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:40:20 AM

the news headlines, fud, ban rumors in korea/china/india were all red herrings. even some of the dumbest people on the planet don't sell something that lost half of its value; they'll justify to themselves that it will go back up eventually (just like verge and bitconnect owners and most of us). of all the average everyday people you know: how many of them do you know that bought bitcoin at 1Xk and sold at <10k? my point is that the only people who would sell bitcoin at 8000, for the most part, are bots and whales that got it for 4000. the remainder of what's left after the crash will be most of the average everyday people. i know some people sold when the market cap was at 600b to avoid further loss. but most are stubborn holders.
Surely yes,might be 70% or more of the total marketcap was from the financial institutions who are making billions of dollars out from these poor investors,the market has gone wild and those who sold bitcoins when it was around $13k are probably celetrating and those who got trapped right now are obviosly in a bad situation.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: