Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:33:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Had Facebook banned adds?  (Read 145 times)
captin crunch (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:48:51 AM

Hello guys, several days earlier the news were spread that Facebook bans adds related to bitcoin and ICO, but i still saw them, and new ads are also approved, so have you any information on this issue?

cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:15:51 AM

Yeah i still saw it too. I just guessing, maybe because they're not using any word from "ICO, Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin".
Example this picture

This is what i get from facebook Advertising Policies
Policy

Ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency.

Examples
“Start binary options trading now and receive a 10-risk free trades bonus!”
“Click here to learn more about our no-risk cryptocurrency that enables instant payments to anyone in the world.”
“New ICO! Buy tokens at a 15% discount NOW!”
“Use your retirement funds to buy Bitcoin!”

As you can see, in the picture they're not using any word like binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency. So my opinion they still can pass it if they didnt use any word that listed on advertising policies. Just guessing

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
tokexchain

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:20:18 AM

Facebook, YouTube / Google. They are all pushing the same stance of an outright ban on crypto and financial investments, maybe after some time when the credible organisations are still here the general rule of banning all but asking questions later will come to light. It's a bit silly as now our digital world have gone mainstream but in the end it protects some people from dodgy scams and so on...
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3841

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:26:29 AM

Their ad system is pretty much automatic. So yea if they don't use keywords such as bitcoin and ICO then the advertisement will pretty much go through. If it's bothering you then you can report the advertisement for them to manually remove it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lutfor

Activity: 270
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 11:43:28 AM

I also notice that when I try to post any affiliate link on Facebook, they just remove it by saying a spam post. It's very disappointing for me because my most of the affiliate post submitted to Facclebook. My lots of friends active there & they want time to time updates from me. But now I face this unwanted problem. I hope this problem will be solve very soon.
tahmad

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:01:15 PM

Yeay I also saw them. There are several ads with ICO word and Coin. But it still safe
Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:04:40 PM

It was stated on the article that ads containing about bitcoin and other crypto currency will be ban and removed from Facebook wall and pages, it is stated the format wherein I think if crypto currency ads maker or poster's creator creates the 'thing' or the advertisement and as long as they make it like an ordinary post which everyone can like and share to their walls I thinks it can bypass the rules, example is when they used only hash tag (#)  sign, the post will survive and the  details about the coin will be indirectly advertise to to any of their friends or to public.

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:13:32 PM

Hello guys, several days earlier the news were spread that Facebook bans adds related to bitcoin and ICO, but i still saw them, and new ads are also approved, so have you any information on this issue?

I was surprised too when I saw an advert concerning an exchange site because my thought was everything related to crypto would be banned but truely it has reduced to a large extent as I hardly even see any ICO promotions these days. But whether it remained banned or not, the damaging effect that would happen to the price of bitcoin has been achieved already.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:44:36 PM

And I have notice that whenever I put a link regarding Airdrops and other ICO, it indicates that it is harmful to facebook, I really think facebook really is banning ads from different ICO's, And I have seen an article that Zuckerburg wrote that it take power from centralized systems and put it back into people's hands But they come with the risk of being harder to control, I think he then study the possible positive and negative aspect of cryptocurrency and he had come to a conclusion of banning in advertising in the Facebook world.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: