Bitcoin Forum
November 15, 2018, 03:26:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡️ CryptoHeresy — the Modern Bitcoin Forum  (Read 229 times)
alexanderisora

Activity: 136
Merit: 11

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:38:49 AM

Greetings everyone! My name is Alexander Isora. You may have heard about my projects (CryptoHackers, CryptoList, CoinBuzz.Stream).
I'm super excited to announce my latest project I intend to keep developing for the next years.

— What is CryptoHeresy?

I will be direct and honest. CryptoHeresy is just another classical forum. Nothing, except great design, differs it from BitcoinTalk.
I'm intended to build a solid community which is aimed to generate authentic discussions and help each other to become move educated.

CryptoHeresy will become a leading community because I put a focus on a quality rather than quantity. I do my best to attract clever, savvy and interesting folks rather, not flooding the forum with useless likers of freebies and giveaways. I will never pay for posting or somehow motivate others to chat. It's a hard way, but I chose quality.

I'm seeking for passionate people who want to build a unique healthy cryptocurrency community. Who are against HYIP, pyramids, Bitcoinnect and other shit. Who dislike bCash forcing, pumps groups. Who disrespect fooling newcomers and want to protect the Bitcoin community from noxious projects and people. Who will help beginners to become a part of the global decentralization movement without being fooled.

If my philosophy resonates your feelings — welcome.

— More About Philosophy and Vision

• CryptoHeresy prefers rare but meaty talks (example 1, example 2).
• Openminded administration - ask anything, discuss bans.
• Strict control of everything related to HYIP, pyramids and other scams.
• All income will be spent on servers, admins & mods salary and on Superheroes.
• 5% of all income will be sent to charity.

— Why We Need Another Forum?

The main reason: because monopolism is a bad thing for any industry. Especially it's harmful to young industries like Bitcoin.
When all the power is in one hands bad things will happen (just like in real life - regulators need competition or you will be in stagnation and a risk to create a dictator).

We don't know either BitcoinTalk was actually hacked or Theymos himself did this.
Bitcointalk is just older but its loosing users - ie becasue Theymos bans and censors alot.

BitcoinTalk is great. I love it. But it urgently needs a strong competitor to start evolving more actively. The forum is far from perfect and the admins don't seem to care much.

wow! BitcoinTalk forum is still stuck at SMF 1.1.9 where 30 more versions have been released? Did theymos eat all the money? No update or work within those years?

— Crypto Services & Resources

I love startups, mobile and web-apps, media, blogs, directories, SaaS tools... I love collecting it, discussing it, and creating it. That is why CryptoHeresy has so many sections to showcase any cryptocurrency-related project:

Feel free to create a dedicated thread for your website, tool, media or app. You will be an exposure, motivated visitors, and valuable feedback.
For forum users it's much easier to find a new tool when they are well-categorized, it's a huge bonus for founders.
Additionally, the best resources on CryptoHeresy will be featured on the newsletter (1200+ subscribers) for free.

— Testimontials

"CryptoHeresy is a cryptocurrency forum of the new generation. Excited to see it evolving."
— Dmitry, founder of coin.fyi

"CryptoHeresy has a very good potential. Wishing the best to the booming forum."
— Giovanni Casinelli, founder of Crypto.jobs

"A new age forum for new age cryptoworld, definitely recommend joining this community!"
— Hari Krishna, founder of ACrypto

"Great forum alternative for everyone passionate about crypto. Engage in conversation about any topic with experts and beginners using a smooth UI. I'm pleased to have joined the community!"
— founder of Brobot

"BitcoinTalk definitely needs a shake. CryptoHeresy.com is a strong competitor that possibly will be a leading board in the future."
— Robin of Coins Calendar

"CryptoHeresy.com is one of the most promising crypto community of 2018."
— Raman, founder @ Crypto Jobs List

— Feedback Welcome

Feel free to give your questions, comments, suggestion, or share your love or hate below.

— Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Whether CryptoHeresy has any signature campaign?

A: Not yet. Follow the Telegram Channel to get notified.

Q: How can I become a CryptoHeresy volunteer and what will I get for it?

A: We are looking for active contributors who will develop the community with us. You can read this small manual if you need more info.

Q: How does the ranks system work?

A: it's a secret. To get more stars you just need to talk and discuss stuff on the forum. If you want to get a unique badge, you need to become a contributor.

Q: New forums are always empty. Where will you get people from?

A: We have a huge marketing plan. We just started and already reached 200 members within a couple of months.

See you on CryptoHeresy.com!
P.S.: Follow our Telegram Channel where the best topics of the forum are published.

╔═.🔥. ═════════════════════════════════.🔥.══════╗
Buy & sell cryptocurrency domains, websites and social profiles. Visit marketplace.
╚══════.🔥. ═════════════════════════════════.🔥.═╝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 07:55:04 AM

CryptoHeresy is looking for volunteers! We welcome passionate Bitcoin enthusiasts who want to help the community.

The heroes wanted:

• News Hawk
  • Interview Hero
  • Newbies Angel
  • ICO Expert
  • God of Tools

Visit this page where the conditions are clearly described 👉  https://www.notion.so/Become-CryptoHeresy-Superhero-98699ce7246b40589c66fa147048d71c

Buy & sell cryptocurrency domains, websites and social profiles. Visit marketplace.
alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:04:42 AM

"CryptoHeresy is a very well designed and easy-to-navigate forum for all things crypto, I can't wait to start making this one of my main sources for crypto resources and am excited to join the community to see what it has to offer!"

— Nicolo of Crypto Analyst.

BitsGap

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:56:12 AM

Looks good and fresh.

Will register later today and give it a try. Who do i message if I have any questions?
alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 05:23:35 AM

Looks good and fresh.

Will register later today and give it a try. Who do I message if I have any questions?

Hello, BitsGap.
Discovered your toll - very promising. Feel free to create an announcement thread in the Portfolio Tracking section: https://cryptoheresy.com/portfolio-trackers-f44/
As I can see, BitGasp is way more than just a portfolio tracker. How long did it take to build an MVP? What are your competitors on the market?

You can PM me if have questions.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1177

SFR DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/2ClWYOh

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 07:07:50 AM

Overall it looks good (well made) but have few concerns:

1. You mentioned the following:
I will never pay for posting or somehow motivate others to chat. It's a hard way, but I chose quality.
Meaning you're after quality discussions, but the moment you introduce signature campaigns (since you're not ruling it out completely), you'll end up with less quality/more quantity.

2. From the FAQ's page:
I registered in the past but cannot login any more?!
It is possible an administrator has deactivated or deleted your account for some reason. Also, many boards periodically remove users who have not posted for a long time to reduce the size of the database. If this has happened, try registering again and being more involved in discussions.
This doesn't seem right. Legit users (quality users) might/will end up with periods of long inactivity (due to obvious reasons, ex. life...) therefore wiping them from the database is wrong.

- What if they've made tons of quality contributions/posts?
- What if they want to get back to someone that they were privately in contact, through your forum?

Simply deleting them (from the database) and asking them to be more involved, is a bad move.

You said you're after quality, but I'm seeing signs of quantity being the target too.

iconzi

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:11:05 AM

Looks very nice and modern. However Activity is really less considering here. I will join as soon as I see good activity in the forum   Grin
alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:51:50 AM

Overall it looks good (well made) but have few concerns:

Hello SFR10! Thanks a lot for your scrupulous question. Those are important and I really appreciate it.

1. You mentioned the following:
I will never pay for posting or somehow motivate others to chat. It's a hard way, but I chose quality.
Meaning you're after quality discussions, but the moment you introduce signature campaigns (since you're not ruling it out completely), you'll end up with less quality/more quantity.

My job as an admin of the forum is to grow its users base. No one wants to hang out in a ghost city  Cheesy
So yes, I'm attracting people from many sources. One of the ways to attract users here is to launch a signature campaign on another cryptocurrency forum like BitcoinTalk.

The key is in the type of the audience I'm focusing on. I could easily use something like this in my signature: "earn $0.01 per post on the new forum! hurry!" and achieve 100+ sign ups per day. But that will make CryptoHeresy end up flooded in tons of useless posts.
Instead, I'm trying to create a conversation and touch hearts, find people here who resonates my philosophy, get their attention and invite them to become a part of the like-minded members community.

TL;DR: Well, yes, I use multiple ways to engage new users, because CryptoHeresy needs members to be alive. But the scales are tipped in favour of quality.

2. From the FAQ's page:
I registered in the past but cannot login any more?!
It is possible an administrator has deactivated or deleted your account for some reason. Also, many boards periodically remove users who have not posted for a long time to reduce the size of the database. If this has happened, try registering again and being more involved in discussions.
This doesn't seem right. Legit users (quality users) might/will end up with periods of long inactivity (due to obvious reasons, ex. life...) therefore wiping them from the database is wrong.

- What if they've made tons of quality contributions/posts?
- What if they want to get back to someone that they were privately in contact, through your forum?

Simply deleting them (from the database) and asking them to be more involved, is a bad move.

You are correct, this point is amiss. Thanks for your notice.
Honestly, the F.A.Q. you have seen is a default generated by the forum engine page and should be written from scratch.

You said you're after quality, but I'm seeing signs of quantity being the target too.
Yup, I constantly attract new users to the forum. Quantity is vital for a community, but it should not be the goal.

alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 06:25:03 AM

Looks very nice and modern. However Activity is really less considering here. I will join as soon as I see good activity in the forum   Grin

Hello, iconzi. I would be glad to see you there!

TryNinja

Activity: 826
Merit: 798

ChipMixer's Badge of Honor

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:43:45 AM

Bitcointalk is just older but its loosing users
Hmm... After a quick look at the forum stats, I can say that this is incorrect. 63756 new members and 77877533 page views in December 2017 sounds pretty "active" for me.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bitcointalk.org

becasue Theymos bans and censors alot.
Can you provide some sources to corroborate with this statement?

wow! BitcoinTalk forum is still stuck at SMF 1.1.9 where 30 more versions have been released? Did theymos eat all the money? No update or work within those years?
Isn't the new forum software being developed?

Also, about the outdated SMF version:
Theymos has modded this forum considerably.  That's why it's such an old version of SMF - he can't upgrade it anymore.

BitsGap

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 08:41:56 AM

Looks good and fresh.

Will register later today and give it a try. Who do I message if I have any questions?

Hello, BitsGap.
Discovered your toll - very promising. Feel free to create an announcement thread in the Portfolio Tracking section: https://cryptoheresy.com/portfolio-trackers-f44/

Will do Smiley thanks!
alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 03:18:44 PM

really modern , much better UX. how do you plan to make it better?

Hey cryptoriax, thanks for the reply.

There are many improvements to do in future. For example, top navigation remasteng, profile page should be reworked too. The forum looks and work good enough. I spent a few months polishing it before started inviting people, so now it's time to move on.
The main focus at the moment is to attract more users. Currently we have ~230 registered members. The goal is to reach 500 by the end of the month.

alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 04:22:45 AM

Bitcointalk is just older but its loosing users
Hmm... After a quick look at the forum stats, I can say that this is incorrect. 63756 new members and 77877533 page views in December 2017 sounds pretty "active" for me.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bitcointalk.org

becasue Theymos bans and censors alot.
Can you provide some sources to corroborate with this statement?

Isn't the new forum software being developed?

Also, about the outdated SMF version:
Theymos has modded this forum considerably.  That's why it's such an old version of SMF - he can't upgrade it anymore.

👋
Hey TryNinja, thanks for your reply.
Those are not my words. Those are quotes from other BTTalk users. And by reading it (and many reviews outside the forum) I understand that BitcoinTalk needs a strong competitor to evolve quicker.

alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 05:27:41 AM

With a little push, Cryptoheresy has the potential to become the biggest crypto community on the planet.
- Nicolas of Delta App.

alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 11:02:39 AM

Just curious: do you guys talk on forums using your mobile devices? Is there a demand for making mobile apps for iOS and Android? 🤔

alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 06:22:54 AM

CryptoHeresy has reached 400 topics! 🎉

alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 05:57:50 PM

Hey all. We have an important notice: to prevent spam, CryptoHeresy will become a read-only forum for all newcomers since the 1st of June.

Read more: https://cryptoheresy.com/meta-f71/cryptoheresy-will-close-its-doors-t989.html

bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1144
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:32:17 PM

Hey all. We have an important notice: to prevent spam, CryptoHeresy will become a read-only forum for all newcomers since the 1st of June.

Read more: https://cryptoheresy.com/meta-f71/cryptoheresy-will-close-its-doors-t989.html

Okay... now that's interesting. I read your announcement on CryptoHeresy and I get that you want a smaller and familiar discussion environment, but limiting the inflow of discussion seems detrimental to a community. I see where you're coming from though, and why. I'll keep updated on this.
alexanderisora

⚡️⚡️⚡️

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 07:03:36 AM

...limiting the inflow of discussion seems detrimental to a community.

Greetings, Revo.
You've asked the same question on CryptoHeresy. So let me just quote my thoughts from that topic:

I will not to raise the bars, I would like to build a border-crossing point. There will be multiple options to get the ability to post such as:

- Referral system.
- Content contribution.
- Meaty introduction post.
- Nice history on other forums.
- Good question from a Bitcoin newbie.
- Make a small donation.

My goal is to create a friendly community that is free of spammers and I'm sure that such 'check of interest' is a must in crypto - the most spammy industry in the history Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.