Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:03:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Today mining ETC or ETH  (Read 360 times)
ezwinbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:49:05 AM

Hello guys.

I have checked today the price of ETH that dropped and the price of ETC.
I can mine both at 140 Mh/s.

I checked ROI, ETH is still a shorter than ETC but the chance to get a big profit would be better with ethereum classic no ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:18:11 PM

Hello guys.

I checked ROI, ETH is still a shorter than ETC but the chance to get a big profit would be better with ethereum classic no ?

There are coins that are more profitable to mine than ETH and ETC, do a little research and you just might find them Wink.

ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:47:35 PM

I like the idea to mine ETH instead of ETC much better, I think ETH has more potential to regain its value and even grow more then ETC, after the market recovering of course!
dschwartz0815

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:18:34 PM

Neither....

Give BWK a try for a while
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:21:20 PM

There are coins that are more profitable to mine than ETH and ETC, do a little research and you just might find them Wink.
Doesn't it depend on your card?
ETH looks solid with RX 580s
CryptoTony3

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:12:45 PM

Hello guys.

I feel there is a little more to it than ROI today.

imo this is the problem with profit calculators. They only look at what the current situation is. Now I know nobody can see into the future. If two weeks ago the calculation was made the ROI would be very different to now when the prices have dropped by 50% or so.

This is how I do it. I research across the sites and especially this site to find coins which look to have a good future. Then I test mine them for a while on one card. If that looks promising then I put my rigs to work on mining that coin.

I use my own spreadsheet to monitor 6 or 7 coins I am interested in and watch price and global hash rate - switching to the one I feel is best at that time.

Also I am holding some of the coins mined for when the price rises in the future, again you must be watching the markets and prices all the time and deciding if to sell or hold.

I have to admit that ETH is on my list and my fall back coin when there seems to be nothing better to mine.

BTW at the moment I am holding everything I have......

Also I mine only with Nvidia cards, ETH too....

All the best to you for a great future.
johnnie18

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:18:59 PM

I would like to ask guys how to mine ETH? Is this using CPU or GPU for mining? Can you give me some advice what are the links if I will going to mine ETH using the CPU?
solosequenosenada

Activity: 952
Merit: 542

Freedom dies from suicide

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:32:39 PM

Hello guys.

I'm mining ETH with my rx470 since more than a year and I think it's the best bet. As for ETC it may be a good idea if you want to accumulate to receive the Callisto airdrop which is in March.
CryptoTony3

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:40:58 PM

I would like to ask guys how to mine ETH? Is this using CPU or GPU for mining? Can you give me some advice what are the links if I will going to mine ETH using the CPU?

Hi there, I have never mined ETH using CPU only GPU. - NO maybe that is an incorrect statement, when I was starting I did some experiments cpu mining and ETH may have been part of those.

I am sure that cpu mining ETH will not be profitable now, unless your machine is running anyway doing something else and so the electricity is being used whatever....

I mine ETH using Claymore miner, it is good, but takes a fee of 1% as a developer's fee. You can find it here:-https://github.com/nanopool/Claymore-Dual-Miner/releases

I mine at https://ethermine.org.

A good stable pool in my opinion.

Any more questions or not enough detail just ask.....

All the best!
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:09:31 PM

I'm still mining Eth with my RX570 rig, even if it's not the most profitable coin I see it having the most success in the future.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:18:55 PM

Profit is made on volumes of extraction, it is better to extract that currency which in the end will be more quantity. With such power I would try to extract exp in dual mod.
qwertylolxd

Activity: 322
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:46:12 PM

I think better mine ETH as all  better then ETC , I think it will be much faster to grow than ETC because ETC is fork and ETH is original
nvprominer

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:47:15 PM

For long run I think ETH is best.
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 09:01:44 PM

etc is really profitable by now , nice to mine ,
but we mine etc for long time invest , myby etc will climb the ledder to moon =))

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: