Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:23:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In need for exchange site  (Read 189 times)
supertolete (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:39:49 PM

Greetings!
 I've been looking for an exchange site like Coinmama. I am located in the caribbean and my country its not supported by Coinbase. I tried Kraken but didnt work for me.
Any help?
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:29:10 PM

Greetings!
 I've been looking for an exchange site like Coinmama. I am located in the caribbean and my country its not supported by Coinbase. I tried Kraken but didnt work for me.
Any help?

Im not sure if there are many options left in the Caribbean other than this one: Go to VirWox, buy Second Life money (called Lindel Dollars) which you can use Paypal to buy, then convert these virtual Second Life money into Bitcoin on the exchange:

https://www.virwox.com/

This is a pretty convoluted way to go about things, but it seems like the best way to go if you don't want to deal with huge waits for KYC processes which by the time you are done the price has changed a lot, also in your situation this may be the way to go. The only problem is the fees are high, but it's an idea if you don't have any other options left.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:10:19 PM

Greetings!
Any help?

Do you want to exchange your fund in fiat cash. Then you can choose the Localbitcoins.com It almost supports in every country. If you share the exact island you are located in the indies islands. I can check and share the complete link of best trader in your location.
For example you can find the columbia's available traders in the below link

https://localbitcoins.com/instant-bitcoins/?action=sell&country_code=CO&amount=&currency=COP&place_country=CO&online_provider=ALL_ONLINE&find-offers=Search
supertolete (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:58:28 PM

@angelsky, I am in the Dominican Republic. All I need is an exchange site to buy ethereum and send them to my wallet (myetherwallet). Any suggestion?
supertolete (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:21:55 PM

@cellard Thanks for your advise, I'll look into it
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:24:41 PM

Hey supertolete, I see that you want to buy the ethereum to MEW wallet. Localbitcoins is best place to buy the bitcoins not for the ethereum. Since I have checked for I found some search link as Angelsky gave for you.
https://localbitcoins.com/instant-bitcoins/?action=buy&country_code=DO&amount=&currency=DOP&place_country=DO&online_provider=ALL_ONLINE&find-offers=Search

This is the buy link. You can check about the traders in this list. They will have the whatsapp and other contact information. You can call and check with them before you start the trading.
drmarcobelli

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:09:51 PM

You could check out Bitlish.
That is what I usually use. Not bad rates, but not great of course.
You'll need KYC. Will take a few days.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:37:44 PM

Sucks that its so hard to get fiat into crypto.  I know we kind of need banks cooperation to do this in a mass scale but if some new ICO can solve this in a way that banks can't circumvent then crypto would explode.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:32:36 PM

I've been in this position few years ago when acquiring cryptocurrency is very hard and full of hassle because of where I live/located. Back then, the service that I used to buy BTC and ETH using my debit card/credit card is CEX.IO. They accept different payment methods and the one that I used is through credit card payment. That went well without any issues. Tried that few times back then. The only concern that I have here is if they still provide good quality service to their customers. You can check them out and find any recent reviews regarding their website and their built-in exchange.
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:07:05 AM

Try Bitpanda you can buy Ethereum on there. Site is looks like coinmama and support a lot payment method and you can buy some altcoins too. Hope this exchange supported on your country.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:44:52 AM

Greetings!
Any help?

Depends on what payment method you're willing to do.

If you're using credit card then Localbitcoins isn't going to be the first option for you.

Honestly the rates are just too shitty to be desirable on there for credit card payments, sometimes you'll be paying a 20-30% markup on top of coinmama rates, which are already marked up heavily.

Since you're located in the Caribbean, try localbitcoins and instead of using credit card, use international SWIFT transfer. It's going to take a while more but the rates you get will be far more desirable than credit card rates.

Smiley
Mkmanik

Activity: 986
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:45:47 AM

I found some alternative to Coinmama exchange,here the link http://www.pandia.com/alternatives/coinmama.html Personally I would suggest you use (localbitcoins) https://localbitcoins.com/ This site is safe and easy to use also.you just need to verify your account.
rafderamas

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 12:49:35 PM

Changelly supports paypal. Try that one out.
supertolete (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:17:54 PM

Thank you all!! You guys are the best!

My main interest is to buy ethereum and send it to MEW (myetherwallet)   Which one would be the best option for that?

@cissrawk I am checking bitpanda and seems very neat, but... it's only in Euros? no dollars?

@rafderamas I will check changelly, thanks!

@Mkmanik  Nice list!

@timerland  I understand localbit wont work for me then... I can only pay using credit/debit card

@JanpriX  Cex.io I like a lot, but its kind of hard to get verified...

@drmarcobelli  I'll look into Bitlish. Thanks!

@solarion  Localbitcoins seems expensive...

Thanks again!

blackrain

Activity: 19
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:50:54 PM

Greetings!
Any help?

In addition to the traditional exchangers, you can use decentralized exchanges where you can buy/sell crypto while you control your wallet. As a DEX supporter, I would like to tell you that there are some options like waves, bitshares, bisq, etc... just look around and find out which fits you about funding and rates.
supertolete (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:24:27 PM

@rafderamas
 I see Changelly is very neat. But I need to buy Ethereum with Fiat money. Can I do that there?
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:05:20 PM

I found some alternative to Coinmama exchange,here the link http://www.pandia.com/alternatives/coinmama.html Personally I would suggest you use (localbitcoins) https://localbitcoins.com/ This site is safe and easy to use also.you just need to verify your account.
You don't have to verify your account with kyc in localbitcoins.com, email is enough.
@op if you want eth, why not buy bitcoin with fiat in the so many exchanges out there and then just trade it to eth? It's more easier only I guess? Localbitcoins.com may seem costly and expensive for you but believe me it's worth the cost. The security measures are applaud worthy.

gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:15:06 PM

I suggest you to use Waves DEX, although it's not the cheapest option. But at least, on Waves DEX you don't have stupid limits, banned countries or other bullshit you have on traditional exchanges like Coinbase. 
Another good and reliable option is to use the exchange I'm promoting in my signature. Check it out and you won't regret it.

Anyway the true spirit of cryptocoins is going peer-to-peer. So find a reliable user in this section and arrange a deal with him!

akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:15:58 PM

It would be better if you mention your payment system in order to buy ethereum. Then everybody will be able to show you different ways to buy eth in a cheap way.

You can try https://localethereum.com/
Please note I haven't used this service and I don't have any practical experience, so do your own research before using the site.

Another way could be to deposit fiat in online payment processors, such as perfect money or advcash and then buy from livecoin exchange or similar sites.
You can also use below-mentioned exchangers, though I've used those a long time ago. But remember these roots are very expensive.

https://www.changer.com/
https://magneticexchange.com

Another way is, you can buy from this forum using your online payment processor. If you choose this root then don't forget to use ESCROW.

Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:38:57 PM

Greetings!
Any help?

Go to currency exchange, find a guy who accepts international wire transfers. Make sure that he is trustworthy and he has a good track record of dealing with people. Preferably accepts escrow as well, if that is possible.

Transfer the money to him, and get your BTC.

Not sure what exchanges are in your country but either this or use Localbitcoins. Same drill with above apart from localbitcoins being the escrow. There are going to be some unfavorable limits though. Minimum is going to be real high.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: