Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:12:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My thought outline on wether to invest in bitcoin.  (Read 1240 times)
mc.craigsvictor (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:04:33 PM
Merited by RodeoX (1)

Please provide feedback where you disagree but also please let me know where you agree
Cons
• Tethering subpenoa by US government
• US banks boycotting bankers ability to purchase bitcoin
• Facebook banning adds
• Recent news about scammers
Cons Summary: Bitcoin has been made harder to purchase and potential users are less secure in their purchase.
Pros
• Bitcoins history to bounce back
• At its core the value that is provided by bitcoin as a service has not been devalued.
• Despite negative news bitcoin has held positive hype and faith from its community.
Unanswerable questions:
• What is bitcoins actual value minus any hype and with all future regulations added?
• How far down is bitcoin going to go? (guess 2-5k)
• How far back up is going going to go in a 5 year time span (guess 50k)
Conclusion
Bit coin will continue to be volatile but its actual value will not be effected by banks/government.
People will continue to invest
Long term value will continue to raise
Invest 1-2k in bitcoin leave in for 5 years as soon as it hits below 2-5k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:38:36 PM

I think you are on the right idea here mate. in my opinion you should invest in alts and use bitcoin as a store value for the returns of those investments.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
BelieveInBitcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:17:14 PM

I'd say your conclusion is spot on, well done.
Granirana

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:55:45 PM

That's true I'm general economic theory, not true in the question of a single commodity, such as Bitcoin.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:01:17 PM
Merited by BitcoinHodler (1)

Please provide feedback where you disagree but also please let me know where you agree
Cons
Cons Summary: Bitcoin has been made harder to purchase and potential users are less secure in their purchase.
Pros
Conclusion

Your cons are trivial and not the real cons. Your pros are basically guesses. My feedback is this: you could do more research before coming to any conclusion.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Thori

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:11:13 PM

Except the specialization in this case is for most people their full-time job whereas even professional traders are proven to lose money most of the time.
Drelawield

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:11:30 PM

Except the specialization in this case is for most people their full-time job whereas even professional traders are proven to lose money most of the time.
Every Bitcoin you but that later goes up, means the person who sold it missed out on those gains.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:16:01 PM

OP forgot the most important reason why to invest in Bitcoin:
Outstanding new technology that impacts the financial world

edit: Current price is meaningless...

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:29:09 PM

Cons
• Facebook banning adds
Facebook had banned ads related to cryptocurrencies becuase of the continuous scams that were ongoing in the crypto market. This should be taken positively because it will eliminate fraudlent ICOs and will increase the opportunity of potential ICOs to be more successful.
Pros
• At its core the value that is provided by bitcoin as a service has not been devalued.
• Despite negative news bitcoin has held positive hype and faith from its community.
Agree with the Pros since they are true. Bitcoin does have the ability to recover from any crash/crisis .
Unanswerable questions:
• What is bitcoins actual value minus any hype and with all future regulations added?
1.We can answer your first question since t requires the knowledge of future regulations which can only be known when the time arrives.

2.Bitcoin can go as low as $2k - $4k because last year the price pumped around $2k and kept on increasing until the dump from $19k occured. So according to my calculations the real price should be anywhere near $2k - $4k .

3.I believe the price might reach $100k in the next 5 years if the rate of growth is the same as last year. If the growth rate is average then price could be anywhere near to $40k - $50k .

P.S: All the speculations are based on experience and doesn't guarantee anything.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:43:38 PM

This statement results from a study or just a speculation? I think you should see more facts. Do not just think of your own thoughts
sarasofrup

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:08:55 PM

You are right on target with this one. This is useful information. The limited supply of bitcoin will greatly influence the price in the future as only a couple million  are left to be mined and once this runs out, supply stops, which will give bitcoin value as long as demand remains constant/increases
VrassMy

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:11:06 PM

I agree if you are going to invest in bitcoin it is the best choice because butcoin can provide a huge advantage.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:30:11 PM

your reasoning is not correct but you come to a much better conclusion instead!
bitcoin price will continue to rise because first of all it has a limited supply with a good cap at 21 million coins. second the demand for it is rising and as long as that is true, the price will continue to rise. so far there is no reason for the demand to drop.
however, temporarily you can see prices drop because of how market is still small and it can be manipulated and all the weak hands increase the volatility.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Derizo

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:32:14 AM

Still, people are investing and I think they are doing the right thing because the price of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will only grow. But you still should analyze the price.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:17:38 PM

Cons
• Facebook banning adds
Pros
Unanswerable questions:
Conclusion
Bit coin will continue to be volatile but its actual value will not be effected by banks/government.

I don't really agree with some things you said. First I don't think facebook adds ban is bad for bitcoin (same thing goes for rumors concerning google and twitter banning adds as well). On worst case scenario it could affect new coins trying to emerge the market, but not bitcoin. Everyone knows what BTC is, and it doesn't need to use those types of advertisement, so it's not a Con for bitcoin.

I also don't think that buying bitcoin was made harder. Ok, you can't buy it with credit card, but you can make a bank transfer to coinbase or other well known exchanges. You even saw circle getting into the space by buying poloniex, and you even have other well known platforms like Robinhood, so it's still quite easy to buy BTC. Yes you need to comply with KYC, but is there real any problem with that?

I do agree with your long term plan though, specially when you say that the value offered by bitcoin as a service hasn't changed. In fact I think it has improved, so the future still looks good for bitcoin in my opinion.
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:32:43 PM

Cons
• Facebook banning adds
Pros
At its core the value that is provided by bitcoin as a service has not been devalued.
Unanswerable questions:
Conclusion

Well this is one point I don't agree with. Bitcoin core value is (as per Satoshi's White Paper) being a peer-to-peer electronic cash system and this core value has been proven many times over and again not to work as intended. True, workarounds (Ligthning Network) has been proposed, but still the bitcoin's core value has been devalued.

Conjugelv

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:54:46 PM

What is it Bitcoin?
bambazamba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:57:37 PM

Cons
• Facebook banning adds
Pros
Unanswerable questions:
Conclusion

There is no doubt that the analysis does not proclaim anything that is not true . All the pros and cons are accurately defined and mentioned .
 But the fact is that most of the people will look out for cons and will make a very conservative judgement about bitcoin . it is true that the ads related to crypto has also been banned from facebook but that would just affect a very little percentage of its overall performance . Look at the charts , its already rising again.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:01:36 PM

Well this is one point I don't agree with. Bitcoin core value is (as per Satoshi's White Paper) being a peer-to-peer electronic cash system and this core value has been proven many times over and again not to work as intended. True, workarounds (Ligthning Network) has been proposed, but still the bitcoin's core value has been devalued.

Don't really agree with that. First the fees are better again, since segwit finally start getting some adoption. Exchanges, that are still responsible for the majority of bitcoin transactions, are also being more careful the way they make the transactions (batching them for example) and this is having a great impact in BTC fees and speed.

This is not enough of course, and for that reason we have the LN that should fix this. Is not ready yet, but it's "close" (hopefully should be ready this year, since we keep seeing more and more LN nodes and channels on the main net).

The workarounds are needed, for scalability and I think off chain solutions are much better than the ones being pursuit by other coins, since those will result in a very centralized coin, and that was not the original objective behind bitcoin.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:05:42 PM

The fact that you are putting thought into it rather than hope is a good sign. I'm not sure that any useful TA can be done in the bitcoin markets, but it's better than listening to someones wishful guesses.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: