Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:47:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CryptoNight] CPU mining guide & coins that will get you a return  (Read 16015 times)
vlad230 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:06:06 PM

I think cryptunit calculates ETN wrong.
Its way off compared to whattomine and what I tested the last days whattomine (adding 35% for the pool-luck factor) is far more realistic.
I tested on nanopool and spacepools.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

What kind of differences are you seeing? When I mined ETN I was getting about 10-15% less compared with the estimates but this may be due to a fluctuating hash rate or/and difficulty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:26:31 PM

I think cryptunit calculates ETN wrong.
Its way off compared to whattomine and what I tested the last days whattomine (adding 35% for the pool-luck factor) is far more realistic.
I tested on nanopool and spacepools.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

What kind of differences are you seeing? When I mined ETN I was getting about 10-15% less compared with the estimates but this may be due to a fluctuating hash rate or/and difficulty.
This always happens. It is impossible to predict 100% what will be the result of the operation of your equipment. It is impossible even to foresee how long it will be possible to use this algorithm for mining using GPU. So I think we should discuss the topic of protecting coins from asics more. Without that, everything else doesn't make sense.
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:38:32 PM

This always happens. It is impossible to predict 100% what will be the result of the operation of your equipment. It is impossible even to foresee how long it will be possible to use this algorithm for mining using GPU. So I think we should discuss the topic of protecting coins from asics more. Without that, everything else doesn't make sense.

Yes, I agree that's why I'm asking Bhaal1 what differences is he seeing. Maybe he configured something in a wrong manner like a wrong fixed/starting difficulty.

I think there are enough threads in this sub-forum about AISCs and the disadvantages they bring, let's keep this thread on topic - CN CPU minable coins.
Bhaal1

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:21:07 AM

Yes, I agree that's why I'm asking Bhaal1 what differences is he seeing. Maybe he configured something in a wrong manner like a wrong fixed/starting difficulty.

I think there are enough threads in this sub-forum about AISCs and the disadvantages they bring, let's keep this thread on topic - CN CPU minable coins.

Thanks for the feedback!
I mine CN coins since October with one of my rigs (4x Vega 56) and have around 7.6 KH.
If I put this number on whattomine right now (current diff) I get: 148.8 ETN Daily (so with the pool luck-factor (35%) ~ 200.9 ETN)
If I put this number on cryptunit right now I get: 297.6 ETN Daily

whattomine is quite accurate from what I get... cryptunit is way to high.

e.g. IPBC is very accurate from the values cryptunit shows and what I get.

Cheers
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:29:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback!
I mine CN coins since October with one of my rigs (4x Vega 56) and have around 7.6 KH.
If I put this number on whattomine right now (current diff) I get: 148.8 ETN Daily (so with the pool luck-factor (35%) ~ 200.9 ETN)

Cheers

What is the actual amount of ETN you have been getting with your rig ? Are they 10-15% close to whattomine says it is?
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:29:36 AM

starting mining with cpu i will follow this thread
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:31:30 AM

starting mining with cpu i will follow this thread

Good to hear that Smiley Please let me know if I can help you out with something.
Bhaal1

Activity: 80

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:00:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers

What is the actual amount of ETN you have been getting with your rig ? Are they 10-15% close to whattomine says it is?

Yes..around 180-190...but that difference is easily explainable with the changing diff over one day.
neosi1

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 12:35:28 PM

At the moment I've mined ITNS and DCY, then for a potentially good upcoming coin I'm mining PinkStar,
as per your 1st post at an average of 150Hs you should get around 900 PNKS per 24Hrs

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2723196.0

Ok, I have added it to the main post. Smiley The current estimate says you can get 1200 tokens/day with that hash rate, even better Cheesy

This one looks interesting, I see it has some activity on BCT.

Let's hope it's going to be a winner in the long run.

As for mining Software I use XMR-Stack although I have used Xmrig but defo get better Hs with XMR-Stack, Xmrig is availble for 32bit aswell whereas XMR-Stack i'snt which maybe a advantage to some, but I guess it all depends on the PC you have and your own preference.

There is some nice GUI software but its only in Beta so is a little buggy and you may need to uninstall and reinstall to get it working ok, thats called Sumo Easy Miner, the default is setup for sumo mining but you can add in your own pools to mine other coins, if you where too mine more than one coin at a time you can select how many cores you want to use per coin which is quite cool, hope a update for it comes along soon

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2163270.0

What kind of hash rate difference did you see when comparing XMRig with XMR-Stak ?

Soz for not replying sooner @vlad230 I did a little test for you and on one of my machines that gives around 190hs on XMR-Stack i only get 165hs on XMrig, hugepages are enabled etc
so there is some difference. If you like I could do a guide for setting up XMR-Stack for the first time for you to tweak and add to you 1st post

Following on from my post about PinkStar, if you've started mining make sure you keep an eye on their thread re moving to v2 and swapping coins
neosi1

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 12:54:28 PM

Defo make sure you keep updated on the DinastyCoin DCY thread too as updates are looking good there aswell

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3069548.msg32837041#msg32837041
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:14:04 PM

Soz for not replying sooner @vlad230 I did a little test for you and on one of my machines that gives around 190hs on XMR-Stack i only get 165hs on XMrig, hugepages are enabled etc
so there is some difference. If you like I could do a guide for setting up XMR-Stack for the first time for you to tweak and add to you 1st post

Following on from my post about PinkStar, if you've started mining make sure you keep an eye on their thread re moving to v2 and swapping coins

Hmm, that's some difference in hash rates. I might switch to XMR-Stak as well.
Sure, a post with setting XMR-Stak would be good to have, I'll link to it from my thread too.

Thanks for the heads up! I will mention the swap on the first page of this thread, for others to also be aware of.

ncBB

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

profittrailer.cn

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:34:26 PM

what is the best coin for cryptonight to mine now?

neosi1

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 03:46:50 PM

Sure, a post with setting XMR-Stak would be good to have, I'll link to it from my thread too.

I'll get to work as soon as mate re the guide for XMR-Stak

A further update has been posted today re dinastycoin DCY, there coming thick and fast so definately a coin thats on the move

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3069548.msg33024287#msg33024287
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:03:40 PM

what is the best coin for cryptonight to mine now?

with all these new cryptonight asics around not quite sure there will be any coin to mine quite soon enough.
so no idea what we will be mining then, I'm sure the diff on etn and ipbc will be really high very soon  Embarrassed

neosi1

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 04:44:34 PM

WINDOWS INSTRUCTIONS FOR XMR_STAK

Download XMR-Stak from https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases note this is for 64bit only

Extract to a folder of your choice, at this point there is no config file for you to change as xmr-stak will create it for you based on your system. So now run
the xmr-stak application, you'll be asked a number of questions as below :-

Currency: 'monero' or 'aeon': Enter  monero
Pool address: Enter the mining pool address and port number for example mining.pool.com:3333
Username (wallet address or pool login): Enter your wallet address
Password (mostly empty or x): Enter x
Does this pool port support TLS/SSL? Use no if unknown. (y/n): Enter n
Do you want to use nicehash on this pool? (y/n): Enter n
Do you want to use multiple pools? (y/n): Enter n

At this point XMR-Stak will start to run, please note you'll only be asked the above questions the first time you run it. There is a 2% dev donation fee for using this software

Now you'll have not one but Two config files created for you in the extracted folder.

The first "config.json" is where you can change your pool address and wallet address when you want too change pools etc (dont forget to change your wallet address is mining a different coin)

The second is called "cpu.json" this was created by xmr-stak based on its default settings for your own CPU, you can change these settings if you wish but there is
far too much to explain in a simple setup guide as there are far too many different CPU's out there. So have a google if you want to understand and change these settings but in
all fairness the default settings tend to work fine.

neosi1

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 04:53:50 PM

I found this site a while back and its been in my bookmarks, thought it might be worth posting here as its a good
approximate reference for CPU hash rates incase your looking for a new or being gifted an old machine.

Use the search box in the CPU section and just enter your cpu.

http://monerobenchmarks.info/

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:04:46 PM

Also, you can try to mine QWERTYcoin with CPU. Should give a pretty good amount of coins per day (with my 4kH GPU rig I can get 2mil +per day).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2881418.0

Wxrhino

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:06:53 PM

Great post.

However, anyone have experience mining via MAC? I would like to start with my personal computer as a learning experience before moving up in then world of mining.
flavio.rib

Activity: 209

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 07:54:51 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm mining in a pool of tomos and I get mutch more BTC than this altcoin, for exemple in a week Mining ETn with 120h/S I'm doing 23 ETN arround 0.77$ with tomos I'm doing more or less 2$ by week.
please check here: https://goo.gl/whCpEy
vlad230 (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:57:48 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 08:11:43 PM by vlad230

WINDOWS INSTRUCTIONS FOR XMR_STAK

Download XMR-Stak from https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases note this is for 64bit only

Extract to a folder of your choice, at this point there is no config file for you to change as xmr-stak will create it for you based on your system. So now run
the xmr-stak application, you'll be asked a number of questions as below :-

Currency: 'monero' or 'aeon': Enter  monero
Pool address: Enter the mining pool address and port number for example mining.pool.com:3333
Username (wallet address or pool login): Enter your wallet address
Password (mostly empty or x): Enter x
Does this pool port support TLS/SSL? Use no if unknown. (y/n): Enter n
Do you want to use nicehash on this pool? (y/n): Enter n
Do you want to use multiple pools? (y/n): Enter n

At this point XMR-Stak will start to run, please note you'll only be asked the above questions the first time you run it. There is a 2% dev donation fee for using this software

Now you'll have not one but Two config files created for you in the extracted folder.

The first "config.json" is where you can change your pool address and wallet address when you want too change pools etc (dont forget to change your wallet address is mining a different coin)

The second is called "cpu.json" this was created by xmr-stak based on its default settings for your own CPU, you can change these settings if you wish but there is
far too much to explain in a simple setup guide as there are far too many different CPU's out there. So have a google if you want to understand and change these settings but in
all fairness the default settings tend to work fine.

Great guide! I though you would create your own thread with it and I will link to it. Will link to this post then Smiley

Also, you can try to mine QWERTYcoin with CPU. Should give a pretty good amount of coins per day (with my 4kH GPU rig I can get 2mil +per day).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2881418.0

Thanks for the input, will look into it and add it on the first post Smiley

Great post.

However, anyone have experience mining via MAC? I would like to start with my personal computer as a learning experience before moving up in then world of mining.

If you would like to to use a MAC for mining and XMRig as your mining software, it's even simpler, you just need to use homebrew.
Just go to: http://www.brewformulas.org/Xmrig for instructions.

Please let me know if you need any help.

Hi Guys,

I'm mining in a pool of tomos and I get mutch more BTC than this altcoin, for exemple in a week Mining ETn with 120h/S I'm doing 23 ETN arround 0.77$ with tomos I'm doing more or less 2$ by week.
please check here: https://goo.gl/whCpEy

Yes but let's say next month ETN will increase in value and your 23 ETN will be worth $20.
What you already mined and have in BTC will still be worth about $2 or maybe $4 if BTC doubles (which I doubt).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: