Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:07:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 291 times)
RustyBits (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 04:28:30 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1), Jet Cash (1), exstasie (1), HBKMusiK (1), reverseflash (1)

Hello all.
I am probably what most would consider a microscopic fish (it would be disrespectful to the small fish to lump me in with them) in this cryptocurrency world and definitely a late-comer. I know just enough to get by, but feel like my head is spinning around as I try to digest some of the technical aspects of it all. I am not a trader and don't know that I will ever grow into one. I am not a miner, as I know just enough to know that I don't have the technical skill or initial bankroll to set up and maintain an efficient mining rig. I'm not really an investor, as I don't have any sizable block of disposable cash that I can dump into any one currency or another.  I am basically relegated to making a small purchase of < $25 worth of Bitcoin here and there and tapping some online faucets while I watch Netflix or ESPN.  But before I started draining faucets for satoshi, I was clicking PTC ads for pennies - and pennies add up to dollars... so I guess I am conditioned for it!

It was actually last September when one of the PTC sites I use no longer paid out with PayPal, but offered a Bitcoin payout option, that I finally decided to sit down and figure out what this cryptocurrency was all about. I converted a $20 payout into Bitcoin and bought another $5 or $10 and watched it fluctuate for a few weeks.  After a few more PTC payouts and finding a couple of trustworthy and stable faucets I have about $100 in value. Of course that was a good bit higher a few weeks ago, but I'm not all that concerned.

I've been lurking here at bitcoin talk for a few months - reading a little bit here and there when I have the spare time. I'm still not sure yet how much I can or will contribute here -- especially when it feels like the equivalent of a first grader talking theoretical physics with Einstein! I'm sure I'll be asking a lot more questions than providing productive answers, but I figured it was time to post an introduction and see if I am able to take this anywhere. 

Visit GetPaid! for ways to earn money online - You won't Get Rich Quick... but you will GetPaid!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:37:59 PM

Everyone is here to learn and every one should have your genuine approach and attitude.
I hope you will enjoy and just try to listen to veterans who are the true believers and founders of this crazy thing that s bitcoin and crypto in general
Never sell and Hodl forever, thanks for being here
CryptoTony3

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:15:20 PM

It is great to see a genuine guy here, writing honestly and factually about himself and how he has got were he has.

I wish him all the luck in the world and wish I could be half as dedicated as he is. Truly starting small and prepared to work to grow slowly.

I admire him!
btcs-favorite

Activity: 55
Merit: 9

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:06:54 PM

Welcome to the big world of crypto Mr. microscopic fish!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   KWHCoin   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ RENEWABLE ENERGY CRYPTOCURRENCY █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:28:28 AM

Welcome to Bitcoin Talk, and I gave you your first merit for a good introductory post.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:07:36 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 01:59:42 PM by reverseflash

A great start for a beginner. Also add merit for an excellent introductory message. Keep up the good work.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:29:52 PM

I hope we can encourage Rusty Bits to remain a member, and to continue reading and posting. I see he revisted the forum yesterday, so hopefully he will stay with us.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
doublemakesure

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:39:10 PM

It sounds like you are already doing what you need to be doing. It takes time, but you will gradually learn and build confidence. Keep up the learning!!!! D.Y.O.R. Cool
HBKMusiK

Activity: 693
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:29:35 PM

Hello all.
I am probably what most would consider a microscopic fish (it would be disrespectful to the small fish to lump me in with them) in this cryptocurrency world and definitely a late-comer. I know just enough to get by, but feel like my head is spinning around as I try to digest some of the technical aspects of it all. I am not a trader and don't know that I will ever grow into one. I am not a miner, as I know just enough to know that I don't have the technical skill or initial bankroll to set up and maintain an efficient mining rig. I'm not really an investor, as I don't have any sizable block of disposable cash that I can dump into any one currency or another.  I am basically relegated to making a small purchase of < $25 worth of Bitcoin here and there and tapping some online faucets while I watch Netflix or ESPN.  But before I started draining faucets for satoshi, I was clicking PTC ads for pennies - and pennies add up to dollars... so I guess I am conditioned for it!

It was actually last September when one of the PTC sites I use no longer paid out with PayPal, but offered a Bitcoin payout option, that I finally decided to sit down and figure out what this cryptocurrency was all about. I converted a $20 payout into Bitcoin and bought another $5 or $10 and watched it fluctuate for a few weeks.  After a few more PTC payouts and finding a couple of trustworthy and stable faucets I have about $100 in value. Of course that was a good bit higher a few weeks ago, but I'm not all that concerned.

I've been lurking here at bitcoin talk for a few months - reading a little bit here and there when I have the spare time. I'm still not sure yet how much I can or will contribute here -- especially when it feels like the equivalent of a first grader talking theoretical physics with Einstein! I'm sure I'll be asking a lot more questions than providing productive answers, but I figured it was time to post an introduction and see if I am able to take this anywhere. 
I think that my start and your start looks the same here in the forum, I started myself with PTC sites, a lot of them and transfered just 10 $ worth of bitcoin from them to pay my fees here, to start a real deal (I am sorry of how much time I lost on PTC + faucets but you learn from your mistakes).As a start you can go for any airdrop(free tokens distributed for promoting a project) you see here.Learn everything about crypto, because knowledge is power, keep your private key safe everytime(maybe just note it on a piece of paper).Good luck ! If you have any more questions just pm me or write down here in the thread.

Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 204

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 03:45:00 PM

.....and see if I am able to take this anywhere. 

I think you are already good to go. You got 3 Merits for your starting post, and the forum is all shouting about Merits these days. I'm sure you have already heard and read about the system (Merit System) so I won't go to that side. All I want to say here is what you have been doing is what all of us do when we start something new. No Legendary member of this forum have had the same experience or rank from the day they got into this crypto train, but they all earned them with the time. So just keep asking reasonable questions, and you will surely learn the things you need to in no time.

P.S: Welcome to the forum.

RustyBits (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 03:55:51 PM

I hope we can encourage Rusty Bits to remain a member, and to continue reading and posting. I see he revisted the forum yesterday, so hopefully he will stay with us.

No encouragement needed, I will remain a member.  No promises on how often I will read or post, but I will stick around.   Grin  Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Visit GetPaid! for ways to earn money online - You won't Get Rich Quick... but you will GetPaid!
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:42:49 PM

Congrats to you Mr. Microscopic fish. You shake newbies rank and you got 3merit. You have a good introductory. Keep it up. You are lucky.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
RustyBits (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 07:41:23 PM

Congrats to you Mr. Microscopic fish.

That would make for a cool username for an alt account (if I had one  Wink).

charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 08:50:50 PM

welcome! if you haven't read them yet - i recommend "Bitcoin Standard" and "Mastering Bitcoin". awesome books and swift upgrade to a bigger fish) second book really got into me after the 3rd reading. very technical, but will boost the progression a lot

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
_bitbook

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:53:32 PM

Welcome! You're not alone, there are several people just starting in the crypto world, and it's never too late Cheesy

Enjoy the journey and best of luck with your endeavors in this "new" world!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: