Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:11:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on GTX 760  (Read 216 times)
Detcom (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 06:09:27 PM

Hello.
Is it even possible to mine on such GPU? If yes, what miners and what algorithms should be used?
I've googled a lot, tried xgminer (or rig), tried cudaminer, but I've never succeeded in it, just couldn't even start, always getting an error.
Maybe you guys know something about it all, so I'll appreciate any info.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coolbits
Copper Member

Activity: 125

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:54:34 PM

Hello.
Is it even possible to mine on such GPU? If yes, what miners and what algorithms should be used?
I've googled a lot, tried xgminer (or rig), tried cudaminer, but I've never succeeded in it, just couldn't even start, always getting an error.

You might want to try mining XMR (Monero) on that GPU.  I would actually be interested in the results, if any.
The link in my signature should help you to get going.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:00:27 PM

Hello.

I had this card in my gaming PC earlier and I have tried with the minergate to mine with the GPU core and 2 CPU core but did not worked as expected and I am sure you will not find the profit at all with this card.
I have invested on 6 RX 470 cards and mining ethereum now. When the time all the coin fall down and difficulty increased you choose this coin to start mining you will loose all your funds for sure in electricity itself. Please swap to any profitable cards dude.
Detcom (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:39:35 PM

And what if electricity doesn't concerns me? Smiley

Well, I just wanna try, but again, I've tried different software and it didn't worked
coolbits
Copper Member

Activity: 125

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

Well, I just wanna try, but again, I've tried different software and it didn't worked

If you run Linux, clone https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak , install CUDA and the relevant librairies, compile and run.

If you run Windows, download the miner in my signature, select XMR (Monero) and try all the miners that are displayed, then stick with the one that gives you the best hashrate.

wellMax

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:24:58 PM

I've tried a lot of miners for GTX 750 Ti and ccminer works for this card.
thomas_kunkel

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:14:12 AM

If you run Linux, clone https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak , install CUDA and the relevant librairies, compile and run.

If you run Windows, download the miner in my signature, select XMR (Monero) and try all the miners that are displayed, then stick with the one that gives you the best hashrate.

That seems interesting. Thanks
Detcom (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 10:15:05 AM

Gonna try it tonight
miningchamp93

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:31:25 PM

Hashrate 6.4 MHash/s
 Algorithm Ethereum
 Manufacturer Gigabyte
 Power Consumption 170
 Core Clock 980
 Memory Clock -
 OS Ubuntu 15.04
 Driver Version 326.19

Description
The Gigabyte GTX 760 provides hashrate of 6.4 MHash/s for Ethereum at Coreclock 980 while consuming 170 watts.

https://miningchamp.com/gpus/28/Gigabyte-GTX-760-hashrate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: