Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:39:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL custom made PSUs burnt in europe  (Read 3602 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:21:21 AM

Why promise if you can't deliver.

Say it with me.

BFL is just

SHADY!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:34:32 AM

Say it with me.

BFL is just

SHADY!

Thank god you're not a businessman yourself, hate to see such unporfessional behaviour towards a competitor.... Oh, wait... you ARE a businessman....

TSK TSK

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 11:58:39 AM

Say it with me.

BFL is just

SHADY!

Thank god you're not a businessman yourself, hate to see such unporfessional behaviour towards a competitor.... Oh, wait... you ARE a businessman....

TSK TSK

You are a hypocrite and clearly a fanboy.

You seem to have a problem with Bicknellski's unprofessional behaviour and need to point it out but you clearly don't apply the same standards to you beloved Joshua.  The example below how to act professionally to a competitor.

Are you not reading this thread?  WTF?  How do you teach children and be completely unable to follow a conversation for more than 10 minutes?

PG committed to sending $200 and to stop posting about BFL for a week if I provided him with the FCC ID/certification of the screen in the Minirig. I did.

PG then proceeded to not send $200 or stop posting about BFL.  There's your proof.

That is not evidence... that is text... where is the proof.

Sad. Given your propensity to lie openly why should we give you any credence because you SAID SO? You sir have 0 credibility. Provide documents. Otherwise that is not evidence of anything.

I suggest people take long hard look at the COO of BFL right now and make your own assessment. Is that really the type of company you want to be doing with business with. Unhinged? Unbalanced? Slightly off his medication ready to snap? I fear for people when you get going Josh you really need to find a hobby. Take a step back and relax. You are coming off a little more than shady now. More like sociopathic. Might be time for the forum mods to give you a couple days to cool down.

So let me get this straight... in your twisted little brain a link to a government website is not evidence (or proof), it's "Just text?"  Hahaha... so let me ask you what constitutes evidence/proof to you? 

Darin, you really need to seek help.  You are in contact with children on a daily basis and you are unstable and delusional.  I honestly fear for the children you are in charge of.  You see me in every poster on this forum.  You disbelieve benign government websites like the FCC's (You probably think I somehow hacked into the FCC's DB and changed things, no doubt.).  You are one screwed up individual man.  It's no wonder you had to travel to Asia to start your own school, no Canadian or US institution would allow you within 250 feet of a child after seeing your mental evaluation scores.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:38:43 PM

You seem to have a problem with Bicknellski's unprofessional behaviour and need to point it out but you clearly don't apply the same standards to you beloved Joshua.  The example below how to act professionally to a competitor.

I see, so if 1 person does a wrong it's okay to then also do a wrong in response to that wrong.  Roll Eyes

You are a typical hater.  You refuse to see both sides of things.  I however am not a fanboi, I am a realist.  BFL does not have the best track record, and they have taken abuse after abuse after abuse.  I don't have anywhere near the patience Josh has, I'd've been calling you all monumental assholes over a year ago.

The sad point is hate does nothing but cause an untenable atmosphere for all involved, yet you and others like you just stoke the flames for no other reason than because you can.  "We expect" becomes "This is a 100% absolute guarantee!".  Someone makes an impassioned statement and has 4 words quoted making it sound like the opposite of what was said.  I personally wish Inaba would stop posting on here as the trolls go rabid and you have nothing but vitriolic hate spewing for hours afterwards, and then the troll back-patting over thier comments begins.

Bick's suppliers failed to come through, kind of like BFL, yet he gave refunds.  Why?  Cause he already KNEW how he'd be treated if he didn't.  He'd been doing to BFL what others would do to him if he tried to work through his problems, so he took the easy way out and refunded everyone and walked away.  Takes a real big man to quit and walk away.

Steamboat(the bigger man) decided to take BFL's path, he asked who wanted a refund and who wants to wait.  I've already see the rabid dogs snarling over his 3 days of trying to work things out before posting, god help him if the chips get delayed yet again.  BUT, he's not BFL, so it's ok if his suppliers have problems.

The point of all of this is that yes, BFL fucked up, as have many other startups on this forum.  But BFL is still working towards the goal line while the others have disappeared.  We've GOT to have a scapegoat!  There's nobody else left!!!  Damn you guys are pathetic.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 02:43:08 PM

Take it outta here boys.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:30:53 PM

Par for the course for anyone shilling for Butterfly Labs; a staggering lack of self-awareness and meta-cognition.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:24:53 PM

Par for the course for anyone shilling for Butterfly Labs; a staggering lack of self-awareness and meta-cognition.

I think it is pretty clear he lacks integrity. Shady just plain shady.

Guessing that those rejected BFL orders in Europe were possibly a good thing given this thread. Are BFL shipping something that is potentially dangerous?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
astutiumRob

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 06:05:21 PM

shipping something that is potentially dangerous?
A disposable plastic spoon is dangerous if you're clueless about how to use it properly.

Voltage switches on universal power-supplies are extremely common - even my aftermarket laptop brick has one 115/230 on it.

www.astutium.com - domains | hosting | vps | servers | cloud - proud to accept bitcoins. UK colocation for BFL and KNC ASICs in Tier3+ DC
Register Domains with BTC
Want to make some bitcoins ? Miner on ebay | Buy GH/s
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:12:12 PM

I thought those PSU's were automatic/detect type  Huh

Far as I know most are nowadays................  Roll Eyes

Yeah it perfectly clear from the OP but it would appear the power supply is standard ATX PSU.  right?  

I haven't seen a manually switched ATX power supply in about ten years.  Power supply companies hate them because you know some x% will forget to switch it and that just means x% more RMAs.

IF BFL is actually shipping manually switched (god I would hate to see how inefficient those low end pieces of garbage are) power supplies to customers in Europe without either setting them to 110V or putting a warning sticker on the plug connector well that is just sad.
I have 8 computers in my house, none of which are over 6 years old, every single power supply has a 110/220v switch.  Dell, Acer, HP... all of them have a switch.  I even checked the Thermaltakes I bought less than 2 years ago to power my GPUs and all of them have this big red slider switch to move between 110/220.  Don't know where you get your auto-switching PSUs from over the last 10 years, but it's obviously nowhere near me.

But, hey, it's BFL, it ALWAYS their fault.  Roll Eyes

I have a stack of PSU's, from 500w-1200w in my parts room, none of witch have a switch. I have ONE single dam psu in my house that does, and its beige.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:47:32 PM

I had a look, and out of a stock of 20 PSUs (laptops, MiniITX case PSUs, PC PSUs new and old) and NONE have a switch.  I've never seen a switch on a power brick. 

But, hey, if some piece of shit American stuff has switches on it, then everything in the world must be the same.  Oh, hang on...  Roll Eyes
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 07:46:11 PM

I had a look, and out of a stock of 20 PSUs (laptops, MiniITX case PSUs, PC PSUs new and old) and NONE have a switch.  I've never seen a switch on a power brick. 

But, hey, if some piece of shit American stuff has switches on it, then everything in the world must be the same.  Oh, hang on...  Roll Eyes
I havent seen one either since 2002, and that was a £6 one.

Rugien

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:20:58 PM

The problem with BFL custom PSU is that the switch is somewhat hidden on a side of the PSU. You can check the specs on the bottom - it says "INPUT 110/220V AC  50/60Hz", then u can plug in the cable without setting eyes on the side. It is preset to 110V on units shipped to Europe and the PSU will get damaged immediately if plugged right in. Thats not likely on any other commercial PSUs.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: