Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 03:38:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The case for the Mineable ERC20 token  (Read 104 times)
Ethrocketboy (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 08:47:48 PM

Since I love the idea of standardized ERC20 tokens but I hate the ICO distribution model, I developed a reference implementation for a standard Ethereum token that can be mined using Proof of Work via a smart contract.  This way, we can return to the days when a new blockchain asset is simply mined.  I also see this as more important as Ethereum moves away from Proof of Work and leaves a void for GPUs and mining rigs everywhere.  Instead of PoW mining ether itself, the tokens can be mined. 

https://medium.com/@admazzola/the-case-for-the-mineable-erc20-token-78cbb4c34331

0xBitcoin.org - The first ever truly decentralized and mineable erc20 Token on Ethereum.
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:48:24 PM

That is some really impressive work.  I really like the idea and I can see it catching on to some extent.  I can definitely see some mineable ERC20 tokens being launched.  

But the catch is, ICOs are being used to raise money to launch projects.  They have become the kickstarter of the crypto world, so it unlikely that developers would leave that money on the table when they have a larger project they are trying to build.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: