Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:38:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you like to pay your hosting with bitcoins? (please post price you are willing to pay in thread)
Yes, I want shared hosting
Yes, I want VPS hosting
Yes, I want a dedicated server
No, I am not interested

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin hosting?  (Read 1778 times)
angelo95 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 09:47:24 PM

Hi guys

I used to have an hosting business. I am thinking of creating a new company, would you be interested to pay your hosting in bitcoins?

What kind of hosting would you like?
How much are you willing to pay?

Thanks ;-)
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 12:50:46 AM

I would much rather pay for things in BTC than anything else. I would probably buy some hosting from you even if I didn't need it (if the price is right).

I think yearly contracts would be risky when it comes to BTC. I'm being a little bit skeptical here, but say I pay 3.5 BTC right now at about $14 per BTC, in a year what if each BTC is worth $100 before my contract even runs out. Would you put a system in place for this, or would all hosting be specifically monthly payments?

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
dishiestquill

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 09:25:18 AM

Hi, its not to demote the OP to not start a hosting company, but we already accept BTC as payment for out hosting services.
https://cp.powerchaos.com/cart.php?gid=9

I think its a great idea to offer services like this for BTC payments.

http://dehost.org
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 10:06:32 AM

Hi guys

I used to have an hosting business. I am thinking of creating a new company, would you be interested to pay your hosting in bitcoins?

What kind of hosting would you like?
How much are you willing to pay?

Thanks ;-)

Interested in European hosting. Uninterested in US hosting. What sayest thou, good sir?

PowerChaos

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 10:12:17 AM

I would much rather pay for things in BTC than anything else. I would probably buy some hosting from you even if I didn't need it (if the price is right).

I think yearly contracts would be risky when it comes to BTC. I'm being a little bit skeptical here, but say I pay 3.5 BTC right now at about $14 per BTC, in a year what if each BTC is worth $100 before my contract even runs out. Would you put a system in place for this, or would all hosting be specifically monthly payments?

it depends how you look at the things

bitcoin is a market like usd and like euro

to give a example
before i was working with usd before i switched to euro , i just dit that because the convertion rate was totaly screwed up and my own payments are in euro (its like bitcoin that hits 8$ per btc instead 14$ )

only difference is that the value of btc is less stable then the other currency value's

but to get back to my point
if a bitcoin is 14$ today , and next year it is 100$ ... then it should depends if it is a spike or not
but mostly your payment will be changed to fix the fresh amount , atleast in my case  Cheesy (it get auto converted at my own rate taken from preev.com )

if users do not change that rate , its there choise to do that or not , they are taking the risk of accepting bitcoin and they need to get it sold again to gain money from it

to see our own services with bitcoin in action , you can take a look at http://boosterking.com ( file hosting) or http://dehost.org ( german webhosting/vps servers)

as you see , even the order page shows btc (you can click on it ) and even your invoice will show btc converted from euro (invoice stays in  euro , javascript transfer it to btc from a fixed convertion rate )

enjoy
Thank you
Greets From PowerChaos
angelo95 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 10:17:23 AM

OK thanks for your feedback. And thanks for the benchmarks PowerChaos and Dehost. I will do different and better  Wink
postcd

Activity: 182
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 01:44:01 PM

I would be interested if you offer very low price, automated account setup.. I would like to buy cheap hosting for like 1usd.

Bitcoin Web hosting, Server? InstantcPanelHosting.com
Contact.
johnnyfla123

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 01:57:43 PM

I would be interested if you offer very low price, automated account setup.. I would like to buy cheap hosting for like 1usd.

$1 hosting would have to be a horrible cheap server to host on and they would have ot oversell it to make a profit off of it.

Also i also started a company based off this guys idea here. EU and Asia hosting that you can pay anonymously with instant setup, easy payment.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256408.0

There is also a few other ones like mine as well around the forums. My advice to OP is to use a automated payment system for bit coin. Bit pay, coin base, ones like those are the best. My bitcoin payment system generates bitcoin addresses for each individual order. collects them and reports to my server automatically when it has 3 confirmations. I can match the payments wit the invoice numbers it’s all easy and streamlined for maximum efficiency. (I use coin base). Also OP should setup their service to provide the best quality possible. A problem with most hosts is over selling a server which is really bad for the customers.

codingagency.com anonymous and offshore vps and webhosting!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: