Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:54:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OFFICIAL] Garlicoin - Reddit's Garlic Bread Worshiping Currency  (Read 4818 times)
bubdubub

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:15:13 PM

Unfortunately you can scam people and not even be doing it on purpose. Think pyramid scheme where the lower level people are convinced its a real thing and are trying to recruit new people.

Garlcoin was claimed as ASIC resistant from day one. So whether they knew that to be true or not (doing it on purpose or not), yes people were scammed into thinking it; along with an unknowing (young to cryptos) community that was firm in the belief. So its just like the analogy I made. People not having the technical knowledge to know if it was true or not selling to other people their unjustified knowledge.

scam noun [ C ] uk ​ /skæm/ us ​ /skæm/ informal
an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people.

You can't even compare it to ponzi schemes... You can make your own definition of a word, but it won't be true just because.
Anyways im done with OFF.

scam skam/nouninformal noun: scam; plural noun: scams

1. a dishonest scheme

lol go back to your flat earth memes.
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:27:19 PM

Unfortunately you can scam people and not even be doing it on purpose. Think pyramid scheme where the lower level people are convinced its a real thing and are trying to recruit new people.

Garlcoin was claimed as ASIC resistant from day one. So whether they knew that to be true or not (doing it on purpose or not), yes people were scammed into thinking it; along with an unknowing (young to cryptos) community that was firm in the belief. So its just like the analogy I made. People not having the technical knowledge to know if it was true or not selling to other people their unjustified knowledge.

scam noun [ C ] uk ​ /skæm/ us ​ /skæm/ informal
an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people.

You can't even compare it to ponzi schemes... You can make your own definition of a word, but it won't be true just because.
Anyways im done with OFF.

scam skam/nouninformal noun: scam; plural noun: scams

1. a dishonest scheme

lol go back to your flat earth memes.
I like it when an idiot tells me what to do behind from an alt.
speed254

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:46:52 PM

scamming is misleading someone on purpose. do you really think that is happening?

Forked from LTC, this decentralized cryptocurrency with no new technology (except it's ASIC resistant!!) will help you through the darkest times in your life.

and then it literally took one btctalk post to prove everyone wrong.

RELEASE THE TITANS!

That doesn't make it scam, what are u 12 and dont know the diff? Stop with the FUD ffs
tox22544

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:06:35 PM

It's true - that old blockchain with all coins will be erased during hardfork? Or dev have any decision to swap 本 coins to new blockchain?
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:11:44 PM

Hi! Can someone tell me how to fix the cpu overload?

I have an i5 8600k @4800 and with just 3 1070ti my cpu is almost completely loaded.
Is tuet any setting I can adjust to lower the cpu load?
WaveRiderx

Activity: 168
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:20:17 PM

I have an i5 8600k @4800 and with just 3 1070ti my cpu is almost completely loaded.

No, 1 cpu thread is used per GPU.  But when they change the algo it won't be that way anymore.  You can add --cpu-priority=1 to your bat but it will still use 1 thread per gpu.
tox22544

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:24:42 PM

No, 1 cpu thread is used per GPU.  But when they change the algo it won't be that way anymore.

*If they change the algo. Some owners of mining pools from dev team do not agree with the change of 本 algo, because they have ASICs.
WaveRiderx

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:26:22 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 07:49:31 PM by WaveRiderx

No, 1 cpu thread is used per GPU.  But when they change the algo it won't be that way anymore.

*If they change the algo. Some owners of mining pools from dev team do not agree with the change of 本 algo, because they have ASICs.

Gotcha.  Personally I like it for now.  If they change it then everyone will just go full bore and difficulty will skyrocket.  Although if people really are using asics, then I guess that would offset that.
jzarifis

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

https://kryptium.io

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 08:16:27 PM

Devs gratz for the official ANN.

Don't touch the mining algo please, i am hodler of the ancient technology scrypt-n asics(developed by the vampires million years ago) Grin

To the moon bois:
Today 1 GRLC = 1 GRLC
Tomorrow 1 GRLC = 1 LAMBO
Soon 1 GRLC = 1 or maybe 2 solar systems

Kryptium | A user-friendly, peer-to-peer betting platform
Garlicoin (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:12:38 PM

New mobile wallet for Garlicoin being tested, available on the Google Play Store and based on Bitpay Copay.

Developer: @Kryptonite#6233 on Discord

Note: Application in ALPHA TESTING, so it may be unstable

Link here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garlicinsight.garlicwallet
SerQuicky

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:12:26 PM

Make garlic great again!
tox22544

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:40:04 AM

Make garlic great again!

Make garlic SCAM again!  Grin
jelome198959

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:31:08 AM

Do you guys plan to add masternodes after the PoW algo switch?
Maxumark

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:43:53 PM

If there is a algo switch I have heard that some pools will not switch. 
So if there is a algo switch it sounds like there might be some GRLC Classic.

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
Garlicoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:25:21 PM

If there is a algo switch I have heard that some pools will not switch. 
So if there is a algo switch it sounds like there might be some GRLC Classic.

All the pool operators I've talked to support a fork for algorithm change, and don't support the fork for banning coins, as previously stated.

Care to elaborate which pools don't support the algorithm change?
WaveRiderx

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:38:13 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 07:50:44 PM by WaveRiderx

What is the likelihood of an algo change, ballpark percentage?  So I know If I want to buy more cpu upgrades or not.  Thanks
skewtibi

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:40:41 PM

I wonder why are the devs still stalling with the algorithm change? It has been brought to their attention many times that Scrypt-N is prone to ASIC mining and they dismissed it as FUD. They have been warned many times even before launching the coin. Now, when we got real proof that Titan asics can easily mine Scrypt-N, they still take their time. It makes you wonder which one of the devs has an ASIC...or how many of them
Garlicoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:58:29 PM

What is the likelihood of an algo change, ballpark percentage?  So I know If I want to buy more cpu upgrades or not.  Thanks

We currently have testnet running with Lyra2REv2, devs and pool operators are in agreement with the fork so far. The bottleneck might be exchanges, we are trying to get a hold of them to get ready for a fork.

I wonder why are the devs still stalling with the algorithm change? It has been brought to their attention many times that Scrypt-N is prone to ASIC mining and they dismissed it as FUD. They have been warned many times even before launching the coin. Now, when we got real proof that Titan asics can easily mine Scrypt-N, they still take their time. It makes you wonder which one of the devs has an ASIC...or how many of them

Read above.
pumpanddumpalts

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:52:00 PM

This will surely be the next dogecoin!
WaveRiderx

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:41:18 PM

We currently have testnet running with Lyra2REv2, devs and pool operators are in agreement with the fork so far. The bottleneck might be exchanges, we are trying to get a hold of them to get ready for a fork.

Read above.

Ok cool, I'll hold off on more cpu upgrades.  cheers
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: