Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:13:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OFFICIAL] Garlicoin - Reddit's Garlic Bread Worshiping Currency  (Read 4812 times)
Lexxon

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:26:41 AM

As they say in Russia, the first pancake is always bad. Let's hope that the second attempt will succeed. I will observe the further development of the project.

revvv

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:44:14 AM

this is the best time for algo change/hard fork.. price is all time low and it wont hurt the coin. they have to do it asap
sahimsabaubaba

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:33:24 AM

will GRLC be dead if devs don't hard fork?
jelome198959

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:28:18 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 05:45:23 AM by jelome198959

I'm quite surprised that network hashrate increased these past few days despite the significant drop in price. Just shows the continued support of the community (or maybe it's because of the ASICs? Cheesy)

Also this coin does not have masternodes but was the most profitable coin to mine for several days - impressive I'll say at the very least. Let's see how the change in PoW algo will affect the coin. I'm holding my coins for now I guess

EDIT: Also I request that OP change the post and remove 'Asic resistant' tag / advertisement.
kicktracer011

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 05:19:31 PM

A coin about garlicbread, whats not to love  Grin

Found the discord a while ago, great community in there!
DjemBoot

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 10:58:13 PM

I wish there would be the real ASIC resistant algo for this coin. Due to high hashrate in the recent days, small miners are almost get nothing. If it continues, it's not community coin anymore I think. Sad
chillbill

Activity: 66
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:21:11 PM

I wish there would be the real ASIC resistant algo for this coin. Due to high hashrate in the recent days, small miners are almost get nothing. If it continues, it's not community coin anymore I think. Sad
There is a huge amount of GPU out there. Some people have hundreds of 1080ti. Garlic was by far the most profitable coin for several days. The whole world will show up and mine the coin to death when it pays that well and can be sold on an exchange immediately. At $2+ a coin its was paying a 1080ti $40 a day. Now its down to $3 a day for a 1080ti. Garlic is now a normal coin to mine, but there is an ocean of hashpower out there and Garlic has a great following so its going to have a low value to mine per GPU because of that. It doesnt need an ASIC to do this, it just needs a reddit scale of GPUs to be pointing at it.
To be a community coin outside of GPU-land, it needs to fork to Cryptonight but there is still an ocean of hash for that, so the mining reward is still going to match the going rate of what other coins earn as per a whattomine.com search.
DjemBoot

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:46:58 PM

There is a huge amount of GPU out there. Some people have hundreds of 1080ti. Garlic was by far the most profitable coin for several days. The whole world will show up and mine the coin to death when it pays that well and can be sold on an exchange immediately. At $2+ a coin its was paying a 1080ti $40 a day. Now its down to $3 a day for a 1080ti. Garlic is now a normal coin to mine, but there is an ocean of hashpower out there and Garlic has a great following so its going to have a low value to mine per GPU because of that. It doesnt need an ASIC to do this, it just needs a reddit scale of GPUs to be pointing at it.
To be a community coin outside of GPU-land, it needs to fork to Cryptonight but there is still an ocean of hash for that, so the mining reward is still going to match the going rate of what other coins earn as per a whattomine.com search.

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't think that it's just a massive invasion of 1080ti rigs on the pool. Well that's seems okay although I am using the old 1060.  Grin

Hope the price go to the moon asap....  Grin
holdx

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:37:22 AM

Ask the moderators to close the previous topic, because it's uncomfortable to read, people raise both topics. Especially if it's a topic from the developers of the garlicoin.
WaveRiderx

Activity: 168
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:52:25 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 04:24:30 AM by WaveRiderx

Where's the link to the network hashrate?  
DjemBoot

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 11:06:25 PM

It's almost a week but I don't see airdrop coming to my wallet. Sad
jelome198959

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:10:18 AM

Where's the link to the network hashrate?  
You can use the explorers: https://explorer.garlicoin.io/

It's almost a week but I don't see airdrop coming to my wallet. Sad
Sorry to hear about that. Sad
You did verify your account correct?
fleer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:12:45 AM

when is the garlic dip going to be over?

●                                                           Z I X X                                                           ●
[     DISCORD     ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|    Automated Shared MNs    |   80% Masternode Rewards   |    Highest "Locked %"    |
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:43:20 PM

I am trying to transfer my coins from my wallet to CoinFalcon ( I did it before and it worked perfectly) but now I get this error message:

http://prntscr.com/ida2aj    It says that the transaction have been rejected by network rules bla bla bla.

How can I fix it?
jelome198959

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:47:41 PM

when is the garlic dip going to be over?
Hopefully after the fork. Which is very soon. Smiley
BCHFaucet

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:03:57 PM

I am trying to transfer my coins from my wallet to CoinFalcon ( I did it before and it worked perfectly) but now I get this error message:

http://prntscr.com/ida2aj    It says that the transaction have been rejected by network rules bla bla bla.

How can I fix it?

its written there "Absurdly high fee"
skewtibi

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:05:19 PM

I wonder when the developers will consider they got enough coins with their ASICS and finally proceed with the fork.

Before you take your pitchfork just hear me out:
1) They chose Scrypt-N over any other algorithm, even though they have been warned that scrypt-n is easily mineable with asics and they have been shown many Vertcoin posts (a scrypt-n coin) about people using asics.
2) When people complained about Asics, they kept saying it is just FUD, and ASICS can't and won't be able to mine scrypt-n.
3) After a reddit user posted detailed instructions and screenshots of how he is using his ASIC to mine scrypt-n, the developers said nevermind, it is just one guy, we will bump the N factor or change the algorithm.
4) After so many days, with a lot of ASICS on the network, they still do their best not to bump the N factor or use a well known developed algorithm and chose to develop their own algorithm(which of course will take a lot to develop,test and implement).

Take your own conclusion: incompetence or just buying time to make the most of their ASICS.
fstrmn

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:30:00 PM

Garlicmine
Low fee of .420%!

COME VISIT US!

ALSO JOIN US ON DISCORD

Here is our stratum link for the pool!!!

Code:
stratum+tcp://garlicmine.com:3333

GARLIC!
tox22544

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:35:15 PM

I wonder when the developers will consider they got enough coins with their ASICS and finally proceed with the fork.

Before you take your pitchfork just hear me out:
1) They chose Scrypt-N over any other algorithm, even though they have been warned that scrypt-n is easily mineable with asics and they have been shown many Vertcoin posts (a scrypt-n coin) about people using asics.
2) When people complained about Asics, they kept saying it is just FUD, and ASICS can't and won't be able to mine scrypt-n.
3) After a reddit user posted detailed instructions and screenshots of how he is using his ASIC to mine scrypt-n, the developers said nevermind, it is just one guy, we will bump the N factor or change the algorithm.
4) After so many days, with a lot of ASICS on the network, they still do their best not to bump the N factor or use a well known developed algorithm and chose to develop their own algorithm(which of course will take a lot to develop,test and implement).

Take your own conclusion: incompetence or just buying time to make the most of their ASICS.

Yes it really scam project from old ASICs owners.  Grin
revtex

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:37:01 AM

██████╗ ██████╗ ██╗      ██████╗    ██████╗ ██████╗ ███████╗ █████╗ ████████╗██╗  ██╗
██╔════╝ ██╔══██╗██║     ██╔════╝    ██╔══██╗██╔══██╗██╔════╝██╔══██╗╚══██╔══╝██║  ██║
██║  ███╗██████╔╝██║     ██║         ██████╔╝██████╔╝█████╗  ███████║   ██║   ███████║
██║   ██║██╔══██╗██║     ██║         ██╔══██╗██╔══██╗██╔══╝  ██╔══██║   ██║   ██╔══██║
╚██████╔╝██║  ██║███████╗╚██████╗    ██████╔╝██║  ██║███████╗██║  ██║   ██║   ██║  ██║
 ╚═════╝ ╚═╝  ╚═╝╚══════╝ ╚═════╝    ╚═════╝ ╚═╝  ╚═╝╚══════╝╚═╝  ╚═╝   ╚═╝   ╚═╝  ╚═╝

US Based   |   Low Ping   |   Low Fee 0.5%

Code:
-a scrypt:10 -o stratum+tcp://grlcbreath.com:4333 -u WALLET_ADDRESS -p c=GRLC
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: