Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:28:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just received newest batch of T9+ connected OK, now can't find IP  (Read 295 times)
Blkmktinsurance (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:03:16 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 09:06:59 PM by -ck

I tried both methods of resetting to factory defaults and now the IP of both my T9s won't show up.. No normal status led and no fault led. I had them each running independently then I powered them off to set them up permanently. They wouldn't show on my network anymore.

I don't usually post because I use the search function often, and I usually always figure it out.

Is anyone else having problems?
Does this sound like I've screwed up my networking somehow?
the_electronrancher

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:05:14 AM
Merited by SaltySpitoon (1)

They look for an IP using DHCP - just go to your router's DHCP leases and see who recently requested an IP.  They usually have the hostname antminer and are easy to spot. 

If you don't see anything in the router's leases, check your LAN cable.

I never used the IP tool, and I don't think it's needed.
Blkmktinsurance (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:28:04 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 11:55:23 PM by frodocooper

Ok it was an IP conflict, it decided to chose the same IP as an A3 I unplugged, then they both tried to start on the same IP I guess. To fix I removed all antminers from the network, connected them 1 at a time and reset using the IP report button.

Now I have all different IP, but 1 T9 isn't starting to hash.
It connects to the network and all the settings will update but the miner status page shows 0Gh and no hash board info.

I can get it to respond for about 60 seconds after resetting via IP report button.

Bitmaintech.com pings 50% packet loss and traceroute fails with "Ajax error"..

After a minute or two it stops responding to any attempt to sign in on a web browser. IDK what I should do. Maybe I have some hardcore network problems?
SGMPhil

Activity: 111
Merit: 14

01010011 01000111 01001101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:23:58 PM

It sounds like you may still have IP address conflicts. I suggest that you either set static IP addresses on each of your miners or give each one a DHCP reservation on your router (or DHCP server). For example on my network I have DHCP reservations for every miner so each one gets the same IP address every time it reboots. This also helps in monitoring and troubleshooting the miners if problems arise.

The Sergeant Major

3KHzidSnPjzrzM4HPetpWaFR4J8FVUdbmj
Blkmktinsurance (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:16:08 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 11:56:40 PM by frodocooper

It has to be a network problem. I've eliminated everything else.

I'm using an old hub/switch and I'm afraid I'm getting some kind of traffic conflict.

I have a router with two switches, each has 4 devices.
The mining rigs have no IP conflicts and mine fine no matter what I change, but the damn antminers won't get along.
It doesn't seem to matter where I plug in the 2nd T9, both A3s work and one T9 works, but one starts having ping errors on the network diagnostic page, then it stops responding to anything

I had initially tried doing that but immediately ran into problems. I was scared and thought I would never figure out how to get them back up. But then one at a time I used the IP report button to reset, and was able to confirm they all work fine independently but connecting one at a time results in 3 working great,  then the 4th will respond to stuff but then drop off entirely until I turn off one or more antminers.

What gets me is if I power off the eth rigs attached to the network, I get the same result, so it's not like a maximum device problem of traffic problem.

They all have different IP's so it's not an IP conflict.

I'm so confused.
SGMPhil

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:23:13 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 11:57:15 PM by frodocooper

Try connecting only the device that you are having problems with and see if it continues to fail. If it does, then it is not a traffic/conflict problem and may be a problem with the network interface on the miner. Also you might try putting the miner on another switch port. Have you tried replacing the Ethernet cable?

Here are a few possible problems (no particular order):

1) IP address conflict
2) Duplicate MAC addresses (not likely)
3) Misconfigured DHCP server
4) Bad switch or switch port
5) Bad ethernet cable
6) Bad interface on miner
7) Port speed/duplex mismatch

The Sergeant Major

Blkmktinsurance (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:44:58 PM

I have tried the offending unit by its self and works fine.

I have no idea why this is happening. I know it's an Ethernet problem.

It can't be a duplicate IP.
I reset all my router settings so I'm pretty sure my dhcp server isn't messed up. I haven't checked the mac addresses, with my luck that could be what's up, also the port speed thing, but I have no idea how to fix that
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 08:41:16 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 11:57:45 PM by frodocooper

It might be worth it to build in some DHCP reservations using the miner's MAC addresses.

OR

Manually IP the miners, just make sure you do not use any part of your DHCP scope.

Blkmktinsurance (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:32:09 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 11:58:40 PM by frodocooper

So i tried again to set aside mac reservations for the IP that my running miners like to use.

now I am going to have to reset both of them. I can see them on my router device list, but i cannot reach in the web browser after applying the static IP setting. here are screenshots

https://imgur.com/lwT7oyf
https://imgur.com/Bnbv94Y

When I assign a static IP does it need to be out of the range of the DHCP routing? Should I set the stop IP to 240 and assign my antminers 240+?

now that I tried to set my A3 to a static IP, i cannot get on and cannot figure out how to properly reset it. I tried the reset button and the ip report.. I dont know why this happens

edit: i waited the full 2-5 minutes after powering it on to use the reset function. thats important.

once again, I got 3 of them hashing again, 2 a3's and 1 t9...

cant get all 4 still

I gave up and moved the 4th miner to my farm facility.

any ideas for future problems would be great though
SGMPhil

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:41:24 AM

There are several ways to skin this cat.

A couple of examples:

Option 1:
a) Set your DHCP scope to only issue addresses 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.99
b) Manually assign static IP addresses to your miners starting at 192.168.1.100

Option 2:
a) Get the MAC addresses of your miners and configure DHCP reservations for each one of them on your DHCP server (or router).

Notes:
Assumption - your router address is 192.168.1.1 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0
Set all your systems to the same netmask
Set your default gateway to 192.168.1.1
Set your DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 (or any other good DNS servers)

The Sergeant Major

SJSMiner

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:39:54 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 11:59:56 PM by frodocooper

hello - I have 2 new t9+ and one working t9+ that no longer works.  I have 1 working T9+ on the LAN.

How do I find the MAC address if I can't see the device?  is it written on the box somewhere?

I have found that I have to reboot my router in a different location in order to get the T9+ to start mining but that fix does not work on my current LAN.

Router is R7000.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6414

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:01:13 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2019, 12:01:16 AM by frodocooper

hello - I have 2 new t9+ and one working t9+ that no longer works.  I have 1 working T9+ on the LAN.

How do I find the MAC address if I can't see the device?  is it written on the box somewhere?

I have found that I have to reboot my router in a different location in order to get the T9+ to start mining but that fix does not work on my current LAN.

Router is R7000.

I think you started a whole topic on this issue and we answered you, but again the only way to fix this is by powering on a single miner at the time, give it a static ip that is out of the dhcp range.

do this 1 by 1 and all of your routers should show up.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2979

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 08:32:39 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2019, 12:02:05 AM by frodocooper

You can only find the mac address if you can access the miner. Look at the image below.

You can find the miner's IP just shut down or disconnect the other miner and then go to dashboard>network>settings> change protocol to static and then change the IP to the higher range after that connect the other miners again.

Another way is make them all static and edit the IPs one by one just make sure that there is no other miner has the same IP.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tim-bc

Activity: 538
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:37:23 PM

If you have shell you can find (and edit) the mac address in the file /config/mac

Also, when you are setting static IP, you need to make sure to get the netmask and gateway correct, else you won't be able to access it. For DNS you can use 8.8.8.8 or any server you like.

Ignore scammers on Skype, Telegram, etc. I will only ever contact you via forum PMs. See profile for fingerprint.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6414

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:51:25 PM

for OP and Sjsminer i made this topic for you guys > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5094311.msg49106236#msg49106236

read it, understand it and you will be able to fix your problem, these are simple and basic yet essential things you need to know if you want to mine, it is important to understand how to manage your lan to avoid such basic issues and save the hustle for other problems that might come along the way.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████