Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:57:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Beginners Guide to Bounty Campaigns  (Read 1419 times)
aussiesloth (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:49:30 AM
Merited by PX-Z (2), LTU_btc (1), u9y42 (1), chaoscoinz (1), supto005 (1), justine11 (1), JetSet11 (1)

Welcome to what I hope will be an informative and useful guide for beginners who are getting involved in ICO Bounty Campaigns.

First things first.  Make sure you have an account for AT LEAST each of the following:

1. Bitcointalk.org (this one is pretty obvious)
2. Telegram
3. Twitter
4. Facebook (I don't do FB campaigning - I keep this just for my personal life.)
5. Reddit
6. Medium
7. YouTube
8. Steemit
9. Discord
10. Slack (maybe)
11. Any other Blogging platform that is currently popular.
12. Feel free to join any of the dedicated Bounty websites that are popping up. eg. bountylord.com (bookmark it) | Amazix Bounties @ bounties.biz (subscribe)
13. Cryptocompare.com
14. twitteraudit.com (for your Twitter account)

Have a selection of crypto wallet addresses for receiving your bounties:

1. ETH (most useful) and the Wallet must be ERC-20 compatible
2. XEM (Desktop version, not mobile app - Mosiacs currently aren't visible on the mobile wallets)
3. WAVES

### DO NOT USE EXCHANGE ADDRESSES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ###

Create a document/note on your desktop with all the various usernames, profile links, public wallet addresses, etc.  You will be using this information repeatedly.

Next, create a Spreadsheet Workbook and make a Mastersheet that you will duplicate for each Bounty you join.  Suggested columns include:

1. Date
2. Telegram
3. Twitter
4. Facebook
5. Signature
6. Reddit
7. YouTube
8. Medium
9. Other
10. Other

Row 1 should have each of the above labels.

Row 2 should be kept available for cutting and pasting the specific bounty instructions for each task
- under the Date heading, I add links for the BCT Bounty page itself and sometime a link to the ANN Page, Website, Whitepaper, and bounty spreadsheet.

Row 3 should be used to record which tasks were joined and any comments about what you did.  eg. under YouTube - "Joined - upvoted all current videos."

Row 4 - leave blank.  Use this as a delineation row from the actual work records.

----------

Now, to start with, users new to this forum will be Newbie rank.  This severely limits what campaign activities you can participate in.  Most signature bounties require Jr. Member as a minimum, but if you look around, you may find a bounty campaign that does allow Newbies to participate - just don't expect to get much in the way of reward.  Use this time as an opportunity to start contributing to the forum discussions.  

Don't just post crap and spam the forum with rubbish posts.  Posts for the signature campaigns should be on point to the subject being discussed and add value.  Take the time to give your opinion on the matter and extrapolate your ideas to give substance to your posts.

Remember, to get to the higher ranks, you now need Merit in addition to Activity, so make your posts as valuable as possible and hope that you get a bit of Merit for your input.  Without it, you won't get to the Ranks that earn the big bounty bucks.

----------

Some campaigns require you to be a Jr. Member to participate in other/all parts of the campaign.  READ THE RULES CAREFULLY & FULLY.  You don't want to be wasting your time doing activities on a campaign you don't actually qualify for.

Be aware that some ICOs are now requiring KYC.  Are you comfortable with doing KYC?  If not, don't take part in those bounties.

----------

Become familiar with the interfaces for the various chat platforms - Telegram & Discord.  Understand how to reply, how to send a PM, and be aware that many ICO channels prohibit discussion of Bounties.  There may be a separate Bounty channel, or you may need to PM an admin to discuss bounty-related matters.  (The General Rules of the campaign should explain how/who you contact for bounty questions.  Sometime, there's a form you need to fill in; other times you need to post in the Bounty topic or PM the Bounty Manager in the Forum)

When you enter a room in Telegram or Discord, take the time to read the Pinned Message (Telegram) and check the Announcement channel (Discord), if they exist for the room you're in.  Read back up the chat for a bit to see what has been discussed.  Quite often, if you have a question, it may have already been answered recently or be included in the pinned message / announcement.  Taking a couple of minutes to read recent chat will make the admins work much easier - there's not much more annoying than answering the same question multiple times every minute or so.

----------

Okay, let's assume you've found a campaign you want to join.  What should you do next?  REREAD THE RULES CAREFULLY & FULLY.  Make sure you understand what tasks are required of you to be eligible for rewards.  Understand how long the campaign is scheduled for?  Be aware the schedule can change.  If they hit Hard Cap early, the campaign will likely be finished early.  If sales are slow, there's a chance the campaign may be extended.  

Return to the campaign page at least twice a week to see if there's been any changes/updates to the campaign rules/timeline.

Be certain you know what reporting procedures are in place, if any. If in doubt, clarify uncertain points with the Bounty Manager.

----------

The first thing I do when I start a new bounty is label the spreadsheet with the name of the ICO, the weekly reporting date, and the campaign end date. eg. "AstorGame R-Sun Fin 14/3"  Now I can easily see that I need to do the weekly reports on Sundays and the campaign his due to finish on 14 March.  Use whatever format you're comfortable with.  People in the US will no doubt use the 3/14 format for Month - Day, whereas we Aussies use the old British format.

For each part of the bounty you signup to, copy and paste that section of the rules into Row 2 of your spreadsheet under the relevant column.  Now you have all the pertinent information on hand, which will make following the rules easier.  Be sure to add links to the Twitter account / YouTube Channel / etc on your spreadsheet as well.

If, for example, the Twitter campaign you've signed up to requires 2 Tweets and 10 Retweets per week, go ahead and lay out the numbers you need for the coming week.  If there's a max of 2 RT per day, then add dates spaced 2 rows apart so you can easily see what is needed each day.

Be aware that over-posting is just as bad as under-posting for some bounties and may disqualify you from receive a reward.

----------

If there's a Whitepaper available for the ICO, read it. Read it again.  Use the salient points in the Whitepaper for crafting your Twitter/FB posts, or for asking leading question in the Telegram channel (on those occasions that activity is a requirement of the bounty).

Take screenshots of graphics from the ICO website and White paper and add these to your posts.

If there's a YouTube video - share it.  

Make sure you include any required hashtags and links when making posts.

Create interesting ways of wording your posts:  Pose questions | Highlight benefits | Make comparisons to other lesser Token in the same genre

----------

Be sure to check the bounty spreadsheets regularly - mistakes get made, so be sure you've been credited for the work you've performed.

----------

At the end of the bounty, don't pester the bounty manager or devs with questions like "Where are my coins?"

It takes time to ratify the spreadsheets, and even then, bounties aren't normally paid out before the ICO distribution.  The rules will normally say when the bounties are due to be paid.  Accept that they know what they're doing, but if no details on bounty distribution is mentioned anywhere at all, feel free to ask.

----------

You can also use the spreadsheet to keep track of any Airdrops you participate in.

----------

Well, that's about all I can think of for now.  I hope this info proves useful to you.  Happy Bounty Hunting!!

# Merit is always welcomed #
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:12:26 AM

I like the tutorial and am sure it will really help prospective bounty hunters. If we can see bounty tutorials like this very often it will really help bounty hunters. This is a nice compilation from the writer. Thumbs up

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
ROB18

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:19:27 AM

Great post Smiley  A very detailed orientation for new bounty hunters. This will be very helpful for the newbies. Hope they could find this thread. Cheers to you my friend. Good job.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
Duzenn

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:21:20 AM

I think this post should be posted in the beginners section.
This makes it easier for them to understand the workings of this forum, in this section, most people are familiar with the rules.

Ebenezer559

Activity: 401

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:21:44 AM

Thanks alot for this wonderful information. It will be of great help for Newbies
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:47:59 AM

Very good information and explanation. I hope you provide a useful links too, which can shared good bounties information.

Sorry mate, i tried to open that page, but that link not working.
Ereun

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:11:43 AM

Very often people ask about this matter and in my opinion this is quite petrified for those who need questions about bounty. So detailed and very clear.
wadeo007

Activity: 73
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 04:14:49 AM

Great post for someone new like me. Thanks
jmlimocon

Activity: 107
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:07:00 AM

Welcome to what I hope will be an informative and useful guide for beginners who are getting involved in ICO Bounty Campaigns.

First things first.  Make sure you have an account for AT LEAST each of the following:

2. Telegram
3. Twitter
4. Facebook (I don't do FB campaigning - I keep this just for my personal life.)
5. Reddit
6. Medium
7. YouTube
8. Steemit
9. Discord
10. Slack (maybe)
12. Feel free to join any of the dedicated Bounty websites that are popping up. eg. bountylord.com (bookmark it) | Amazix Bounties @ bounties.biz (subscribe)
13. Cryptocompare.com

2. XEM (Desktop version, not mobile app - Mosiacs currently aren't visible on the mobile wallets)
3. WAVES

Create a document/note on your desktop with all the various usernames, profile links, public wallet addresses, etc.  You will be using this information repeatedly.

Next, create a Spreadsheet Workbook and make a Mastersheet that you will duplicate for each Bounty you join.  Suggested columns include:

1. Date
2. Telegram
3. Twitter
4. Facebook
5. Signature
6. Reddit
7. YouTube
8. Medium
9. Other
10. Other

Row 2 should be kept available for cutting and pasting the specific bounty instructions for each task
- under the Date heading, I add links for the BCT Bounty page itself and sometime a link to the ANN Page, Website, Whitepaper, and bounty spreadsheet.

Row 3 should be used to record which tasks were joined and any comments about what you did.  eg. under YouTube - "Joined - upvoted all current videos."

Row 4 - leave blank.  Use this as a delineation row from the actual work records.

----------

Now, to start with, users new to this forum will be Newbie rank.  This severely limits what campaign activities you can participate in.  Most signature bounties require Jr. Member as a minimum, but if you look around, you may find a bounty campaign that does allow Newbies to participate - just don't expect to get much in the way of reward.  Use this time as an opportunity to start contributing to the forum discussions.  

Don't just post crap and spam the forum with rubbish posts.  Posts for the signature campaigns should be on point to the subject being discussed and add value.  Take the time to give your opinion on the matter and extrapolate your ideas to give substance to your posts.

Remember, to get to the higher ranks, you now need Merit in addition to Activity, so make your posts as valuable as possible and hope that you get a bit of Merit for your input.  Without it, you won't get to the Ranks that earn the big bounty bucks.

----------

Some campaigns require you to be a Jr. Member to participate in other/all parts of the campaign.  READ THE RULES CAREFULLY & FULLY.  You don't want to be wasting your time doing activities on a campaign you don't actually qualify for.

Be aware that some ICOs are now requiring KYC.  Are you comfortable with doing KYC?  If not, don't take part in those bounties.

----------

Become familiar with the interfaces for the various chat platforms - Telegram & Discord.  Understand how to reply, how to send a PM, and be aware that many ICO channels prohibit discussion of Bounties.  There may be a separate Bounty channel, or you may need to PM an admin to discuss bounty-related matters.  (The General Rules of the campaign should explain how/who you contact for bounty questions.  Sometime, there's a form you need to fill in; other times you need to post in the Bounty topic or PM the Bounty Manager in the Forum)

When you enter a room in Telegram or Discord, take the time to read the Pinned Message (Telegram) and check the Announcement channel (Discord), if they exist for the room you're in.  Read back up the chat for a bit to see what has been discussed.  Quite often, if you have a question, it may have already been answered recently or be included in the pinned message / announcement.  Taking a couple of minutes to read recent chat will make the admins work much easier - there's not much more annoying than answering the same question multiple times every minute or so.

----------

Okay, let's assume you've found a campaign you want to join.  What should you do next?  REREAD THE RULES CAREFULLY & FULLY.  Make sure you understand what tasks are required of you to be eligible for rewards.  Understand how long the campaign is scheduled for?  Be aware the schedule can change.  If they hit Hard Cap early, the campaign will likely be finished early.  If sales are slow, there's a chance the campaign may be extended.  

Return to the campaign page at least twice a week to see if there's been any changes/updates to the campaign rules/timeline.

Be certain you know what reporting procedures are in place, if any. If in doubt, clarify uncertain points with the Bounty Manager.

----------

The first thing I do when I start a new bounty is label the spreadsheet with the name of the ICO, the weekly reporting date, and the campaign end date. eg. "AstorGame R-Sun Fin 14/3"  Now I can easily see that I need to do the weekly reports on Sundays and the campaign his due to finish on 14 March.  Use whatever format you're comfortable with.  People in the US will no doubt use the 3/14 format for Month - Day, whereas we Aussies use the old British format.

For each part of the bounty you signup to, copy and paste that section of the rules into Row 2 of your spreadsheet under the relevant column.  Now you have all the pertinent information on hand, which will make following the rules easier.  Be sure to add links to the Twitter account / YouTube Channel / etc on your spreadsheet as well.

If, for example, the Twitter campaign you've signed up to requires 2 Tweets and 10 Retweets per week, go ahead and lay out the numbers you need for the coming week.  If there's a max of 2 RT per day, then add dates spaced 2 rows apart so you can easily see what is needed each day.

Be aware that over-posting is just as bad as under-posting for some bounties and may disqualify you from receive a reward.

----------

If there's a Whitepaper available for the ICO, read it. Read it again.  Use the salient points in the Whitepaper for crafting your Twitter/FB posts, or for asking leading question in the Telegram channel (on those occasions that activity is a requirement of the bounty).

Take screenshots of graphics from the ICO website and White paper and add these to your posts.

Create interesting ways of wording your posts:  Pose questions | Highlight benefits | Make comparisons to other lesser Token in the same genre

----------

Be sure to check the bounty spreadsheets regularly - mistakes get made, so be sure you've been credited for the work you've performed.

----------

At the end of the bounty, don't pester the bounty manager or devs with questions like "Where are my coins?"

It takes time to ratify the spreadsheets, and even then, bounties aren't normally paid out before the ICO distribution.  The rules will normally say when the bounties are due to be paid.  Accept that they know what they're doing, but if no details on bounty distribution is mentioned anywhere at all, feel free to ask.

----------

You can also use the spreadsheet to keep track of any Airdrops you participate in.

----------

Well, that's about all I can think of for now.  I hope this info proves useful to you.  Happy Bounty Hunting!!

Thanks Man. This Guide Really help. Godbless Smiley
aliman00

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:24:16 AM

Thank you for this thread Smiley I wish more people will help each other and share their knowledge as there are many new crypto newbs coming in every day Tongue

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
noonc

Activity: 111
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:25:16 AM

2. Telegram
3. Twitter
5. Reddit
6. Medium
7. YouTube
8. Steemit
9. Discord
10. Slack (maybe)
13. Cryptocompare.com

3. WAVES

1. Date
2. Telegram
3. Twitter
4. Facebook
5. Signature
6. Reddit
7. YouTube
8. Medium
9. Other
10. Other

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

Thank you for sharing, I think your POST can help a lot of newbies.
mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:31:34 AM

2. Telegram
3. Twitter
5. Reddit
6. Medium
7. YouTube
8. Steemit
9. Discord
10. Slack (maybe)
13. Cryptocompare.com

3. WAVES

1. Date
2. Telegram
3. Twitter
4. Facebook
5. Signature
6. Reddit
7. YouTube
8. Medium
9. Other
10. Other

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

Great post,the new people here would be well guided and probably they will start joining campaigns.But lately bounty campaigns are starting to not allowing jr.members because of the nee merit system which will prevent most of the new people here to rank up slower than we had before it was created to fight the shitposters ans spmlammers around the forum and i can see that the forum now has less shitposts.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:47:01 AM

Such a very wonderful and informative detailed information not just for Newbies but also for Jr. Members that are still on the learning process. I think some of campaign ads require the ranking of member to the highest rank to avail the bounty campaigns and with the new merit system, it is really hard to increase the rank. Definitely, will just have to rely from the other members to give credits to others with good and detailed post that is understandable to everyone.
newcoin1

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:50:08 AM

2. Telegram
3. Twitter
5. Reddit
6. Medium
7. YouTube
8. Steemit
9. Discord
10. Slack (maybe)
13. Cryptocompare.com

3. WAVES

1. Date
2. Telegram
3. Twitter
4. Facebook
5. Signature
6. Reddit
7. YouTube
8. Medium
9. Other
10. Other

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

thank you so much for giving us with this information
crypto440

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:51:52 AM

2. Telegram
3. Twitter
5. Reddit
6. Medium
7. YouTube
8. Steemit
9. Discord
10. Slack (maybe)
13. Cryptocompare.com

3. WAVES

1. Date
2. Telegram
3. Twitter
4. Facebook
5. Signature
6. Reddit
7. YouTube
8. Medium
9. Other
10. Other

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

this is the best info out their thanks a lot mate
kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:57:04 AM

This is one of the good guide for newbies and for those who want to participate bounty campaigns to earn tokens and coins in the future.

Sorry I can't give you sMerot because I rather give it to my alternative accounts but, nice post you made.
throwinuptheleaves

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:03:06 AM

Thank you for this information.  Do you know if there is a way to use your Facebook page instead of the personal FB account?  I'm more comfortable using a page than using my personal fb which is basically a few friends and family. Although fb doesn't allow boosting crypto related posts so it seems it might not even be worth the time to try to make it work out.
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:12:57 AM

Thanks for your post , it is a great job you have done. There are a lot of bounty right know, need you to have a lot of information to got it.

I have twitter and facebook account now, but never joined that bounty before because of the report every week, it is hard to remember that.

kojoannan

Activity: 294

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:23:43 AM

And also never go against any bounty campaign rules otherwise you will work in vain. For instance using multiple accounts, spamming and posting in wrong forum sections. Accounting is a must if you want to do bounty campaign efficiently, because you will be making reporting, and keeping records of your activities.

Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:33:08 AM

2. Telegram
3. Twitter
5. Reddit
6. Medium
7. YouTube
8. Steemit
9. Discord
10. Slack (maybe)
13. Cryptocompare.com

3. WAVES

1. Date
2. Telegram
3. Twitter
4. Facebook
5. Signature
6. Reddit
7. YouTube
8. Medium
9. Other
10. Other

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

I read your article from top to bottom and it is very informative especially to those who are newbie in this forum. Really, joining bounty campaigns have rules. each bounty set their rules and guidelines before you will be accepted. Well at least, you all have those platforms stated above in order for you to maximize your effort and energy in joining campaigns.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: