Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:56:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question  (Read 2589 times)
roxtar (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 05:01:57 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 03:03:48 AM by roxtar

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 06:13:50 AM

Do you have any information about the crash?

In any case, if your client went down before the transaction got out it should periodically retransmit it, just leave it running.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 11:36:58 PM

stay calm, i dont think that your coins are gone. let us know.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 11:49:55 PM

run the wallet with -rescan or on windows you can make a shortcut to the qt and add "-rescan" in the properties, let it run, it will take some time.
also seeing you have crashes, if you are not already i suggest you should keep a backup or 2 of your wallet.dat, it save your life if your wallet.dat got corrupted because of a another crash.

edit: actually i misread that, this won't help you as you can see tx in your wallet.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 12:16:33 AM

I bet, you sent it while it's syncing. It happened to me everytime. Not sure if it's fixed. (OSX)

Open the client an leave it for a day or two to fix the gaint blockdata.
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 03:18:09 AM

run the wallet with -rescan or on windows you can make a shortcut to the qt and add "-rescan" in the properties, let it run, it will take some time.
There is practically no situation where rescan will help, you shouldn't advise people to do that.
digit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 05:28:00 AM

There is practically no situation where rescan will help, you shouldn't advise people to do that.

I had missing transactions from my wallet so my wallet balance was wrong after a day waiting for a transaction to show.  After i did a rescan the missing transactions showed and the balance in my wallet corrected itself.  So that was a situation where rescan helped me.

BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:31:18 PM

I had missing transactions from my wallet so my wallet balance was wrong after a day waiting for a transaction to show.  After i did a rescan the missing transactions showed and the balance in my wallet corrected itself.  So that was a situation where rescan helped me.

but that's not the issue OP was having. You were just giving fixes to unrelated problems.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
digit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 02:20:30 PM

but that's not the issue OP was having. You were just giving fixes to unrelated problems.

yes if you read my edited reply i did say i misread it, some minutes afterwards and that my fix would not help.  my reply to gmaxwell was that there was a situation where it had after he had stated there is practically no situation where rescan will help.  So thats all i was saying.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: