Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC] Does it take up to a week to send or recieve BTC?  (Read 1769 times)
rapidfire187 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

!!!INCAKOIN!!!

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:43:16 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 07:44:32 PM by grue

Here's most recent transaction history for this BTC wallet problem. Story gets better.

You Sent

0.00093114 BTC ($ 0.11)

Value at time of transaction $ 0.13

Hash
358512fe2ae0bb1f223fb17e2...

Sent Time
 2013-09-05 21:01:02

Confirmations
Unconfirmed Transaction!

Double Spend
No Double Spend Detected

Transaction Fee
0.0001 BTC

Network Propagation
 1% - 5 Nodes - (Very Poor)

Ok this is just one example of the problems Ive been running into with Bitcoin. I deal in small amounts of bitcoin. So I send and recieve small amounts. From a bitcoin faucet I was suppose to recieve 0.00000672 with a particulary high miners fee from the sender Bitcoin.tk or whatever. IT NEVER CONFIRMED. It held up transactions (sending) for a week. It reversed it self and now it doesn't exsist mysteriously. Now Im running into not being to send because now my transaction is being passed up. I really am not a fan of bitcoin for this reason cause it seems there are so many fatal errors and flaws with this coin. Any feed back is appreciated. tytytytyytytytytytyvm  Roll Eyes

BTC
Moderator action: Removed excessive punctuation marks

www.incakoin.com   http://nka.dencoinpools.com
NKA:NN1sE6odEKrbKpBqt56vw5jJoitDrCn9HD
▂▃▅▇█▓▒░۩۞۩ ۩۞۩░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 06:24:32 AM

I was suppose to recieve 0.00000672
Transactions this small will generally not confirm.

The reason for this is because they cost more in marginal fees to redeem than they are worth, and people were using these uneconomically redeemable outputs to attack the network and cheaply make it store controversial data for themselves... so the network generally does not relay or mine transactions which create coins this small. (You can, of course, still _spend_ any such coin that happens to have gotten confirmed)

The Bitcoin blockchain and validation database are a world wide shared resource. Every output you create results in forcing hundreds of thousands of other people to store data for them— perpetually in the case of outputs which are unspendable (for economic reasons, or technical ones).  There is some threshold of transaction value which is simply not economic to carry over a shared resource.

Instead of attempting to incentivize the creation of these transactions through high fees, simply move the fee into the transaction value. Doing so would pay more to the recipent and also produce an output which might actually be profitable to redeem... and would actually get confirmed.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 12:34:57 PM

They introduced a 5430 satoshi minimum transaction value in recent versions of bitcoind/qt. So that is why smaller transactions are not being relayed now but were being relayed before.

You can find the value in satoshi by multiplying by 100 million.

I don't know why the 4 cent and 11 cent transaction is not going through though. If blockchain.info is your wallet provider maybe they have a higher minimum?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 08:56:45 PM

!!!!!!!!!STILL WAITING!!!!!!!!!

You Sent

0.00093114 BTC ($ 0.12)

Value at time of transaction $ 0.13

Hash
358512fe2ae0bb1f223fb17e2...

Sent Time
 2013-09-13 11:59:47

Confirmations
Unconfirmed Transaction!

Double Spend
No Double Spend Detected

Transaction Fee
0.0001 BTC

Network Propagation
 0% - 3 Nodes - (Very Poor)

Give us the full transaction hash.

Nevermind, found it. Your transaction fee size is half of what it should be. Your transaction is 1.5kb in size due to it's various inputs, but it only has enough fees for 1kb (0.0001 BTC/kb fee is the norm).

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
brotz

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 07:59:55 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2013, 08:21:12 AM by brotz

Still Waiting?HuhHuh??
Yes.

http://blockchain.info/tx/358512fe2ae0bb1f223fb17e2b552d5cd7b513e153a1949cebc3438ab94fbf28

You sent tiny amount 1665 (bytes) transaction with just 0.0001BTC fee.

You need 0.0001BTC for every 1000bytes transaction size with these little spam transactions.
You should have used 0.0002BTC fee as a correct transaction fee.
Point you mouse over the exclamation mark next to "Estimated confirmation time": The transaction fee is less than recommended.

INFORMATION ON FEES HERE: http://bitcoinfees.com/

Solution: Quit being unwittingly cheap.
 Wink
Datto

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:15:11 PM

ye best paying its not much
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:47:13 PM

Hey here's a solution: how about you actually pay attention to the answers people are giving you, rather than asking "Still Waiting" endlessly.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
btc4ever

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:04:58 AM

I agree that the user experience around sending small amounts is poor.   Also, it can be poor in bitcoin-qt for larger amounts when some coin gets sent while offline (wifi disconnected or whatever), and then afterward you re-connect, and there is no way to tell it to retry, no indicator of when it will next auto-retry, etc.  Pretty painful when you are on the phone with the person waiting for payment.

It seems to me that there should be UI for manual retries and cancelling failed spends.

( Cancelling a failed/limbo spend can be done manually via sophisticated wallet hacking.  Thus, it could be done via a nice button in the UI as well. )

Alt-coin devs:  If bitcoin never implements these types of improvements, then it may be an area for your coin to shine.

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:11:32 AM

Wow attacked over something that is not my fault. I changed the miners fee on the blockchain.info side. Lets see if it will work but, I really don't appreciate the smart ass comments from you mouth breathers. Im just trying to send some BTC. I followed the directions and it didn't work. How is that my fault? BTC is not a perfect way of transfering money or coin or whatever the heck you want to call it. Cheap well sorry we don't all have stacks of BTC to brag about. Im just pointing out fatal flaws and errors about this "Best thing since sliced bread" attitude towards this coin. Bitcoin WILL be replaced by a more advanced and trustworthy coin. Attack me all you want. I always have the last laugh.
No, you're being attacked because you are ignoring what everyone is telling you.

You're sending too small amounts with too little transaction fees. Bitcoin is not designed for microtransactions. Your transaction is not going to get included because there are other transactions competing for the same blockchain space. Other transactions which have 10x more fees than you, and transact thousands of dollars worth of bitcoins.

Here's the solution: pay more fees, as in 0.001 BTC per kB. Don't like the fees? Use a third party payment service like inputs.io.

I agree that the user experience around sending small amounts is poor.   Also, it can be poor in bitcoin-qt for larger amounts when some coin gets sent while offline (wifi disconnected or whatever), and then afterward you re-connect, and there is no way to tell it to retry, no indicator of when it will next auto-retry, etc.  Pretty painful when you are on the phone with the person waiting for payment.

It seems to me that there should be UI for manual retries and cancelling failed spends.

( Cancelling a failed/limbo spend can be done manually via sophisticated wallet hacking.  Thus, it could be done via a nice button in the UI as well. )

Alt-coin devs:  If bitcoin never implements these types of improvements, then it may be an area for your coin to shine.
bitcoin developers do this on their own time. Talk is cheap. Write the code yourself or pay other developers to write the code.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:54:31 AM

Don't deal in tiny amounts if you can avoid it.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 09:45:48 AM

It will always confirm eventually. In the future, just send it with enough fees...

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: