Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:14:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about the cryptocurrrency Ripple??  (Read 411 times)
caoboinhacso (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:37:09 AM

What do you think about the cryptocurrrency Ripple??

The following is my thoughts on cryptocurrrency Ripple:

I think it’s extremely over valued compared to other crypto. No I don’t hate on it because they work with banks. The problem with Ripple is that it’s centrally controlled by one company that holds most of the currency and has basically complete authority over the network.

It also doesn't scale economically in the way bitcoin does. Bitcoin has to rise in value to as it grows. It’s actually required for it to become widely used as a payment system. Companies can’t use Bitcoin to make $10 million dollar transfers if they can’t buy and sell $10 million worth the coin without having an noticeable impact on the price. The utility value of Bitcoin rises as it’s price rises and becomes more stable. The Ripple token (XRP) is not directly linked to the success of the network. It is not a currency.

This is not to say that Ripple will not be successful or that XRP will not continue to rise in value. It might. The core reasons I invested in Bitcoin and later Ethereum and Dash, are related to their decentralized consensus systems. To believe my investment in Bitcoin will grow, all that I need to be confident in is that Bitcoin will be used by more and more people over time. To feel safe investing in Ripple I need to trust the single company that controls it.

Perhaps I am not understanding some key mechanism in the how the Ripple network functions, but I have yet to hear any explanation as to how or why my perspective is not accurate. I see the XRP price growth as irrational and due largely to it’s low price point. I think many crypto investors are simply purchasing what they see as cheap coins not realizing that the standard denomination is arbitrary and that’s why we saw a simultaneous sharp rise in coins like XRP, Stellar, and NEM. They have one thing in common, the standard unit is of a very low value. If the Bitcoin price was listed as the value of one Satoshi (1/100,000,000th of a Bitcoin), I think this effect would have been negated without any change to what the coins are or how they function.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MistGold

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:44:09 AM

In my opinion it will just show for pople that CryptoCurencies are bad

Banks in plenty numbers of eu (That i know) countries are says Bitcoin is bad(Its meant as cryptocurrencies) It has no regulation bla bla bla they even dont let in my country to import Antminers....

Soo my thougs about ripple is:

1.Normal price
2.Price rise
3.Moon lets says 100usd each(Its just example)
4.Worth 0,001 USD.

Thats what i think about ripple i wont put a single penny into this project
If you think it will be same as with bitcoin youre wrong its fully generated ammount , bitcoins are generated by miners (People that buying special made machines for bitcoin mining)
caoboinhacso (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:47:27 AM

In my opinion it will just show for pople that CryptoCurencies are bad

Banks in plenty numbers of eu (That i know) countries are says Bitcoin is bad(Its meant as cryptocurrencies) It has no regulation bla bla bla they even dont let in my country to import Antminers....

Soo my thougs about ripple is:

1.Normal price
2.Price rise
3.Moon lets says 100usd each(Its just example)
4.Worth 0,001 USD.

Thats what i think about ripple i wont put a single penny into this project
If you think it will be same as with bitcoin youre wrong its fully generated ammount , bitcoins are generated by miners (People that buying special made machines for bitcoin mining)

Thanks for your response about my topic. I think your opinion about the cryptocurrency Ripple that give some different side. I creat this topic to everybody can show their opinion about it, such as: source, application for future, price will be achieved, community support and everything about Ripple
if_so_klara_99

Activity: 80

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:22:19 PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I don't think it's overvalued because to me it has a good potential of growth because of its mission and purpose:

the ability of making global transactions much more faster and cheaper.  Smiley

I think we will experience the growth of this in the upcoming days!  Wink That's how I feel about it.
caoboinhacso (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:41:42 AM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I don't think it's overvalued because to me it has a good potential of growth because of its mission and purpose:

I think we will experience the growth of this in the upcoming days!  Wink That's how I feel about it.

thanks for your opinion
chamara741

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:33:09 PM

I think Ripple is a trap made by banks to gain the Crypto-currency market control over Bitcoin. So seriously I don't like that coin dear.  Undecided
Pivo
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:10:12 PM

I think it’s extremely over valued compared to other crypto. No I don’t hate on it because they work with banks. The problem with Ripple is that it’s centrally controlled by one company that holds most of the currency and has basically complete authority over the network.

It also doesn't scale economically in the way bitcoin does. Bitcoin has to rise in value to as it grows. It’s actually required for it to become widely used as a payment system. Companies can’t use Bitcoin to make $10 million dollar transfers if they can’t buy and sell $10 million worth the coin without having an noticeable impact on the price. The utility value of Bitcoin rises as it’s price rises and becomes more stable. The Ripple token (XRP) is not directly linked to the success of the network. It is not a currency.

This is not to say that Ripple will not be successful or that XRP will not continue to rise in value. It might. The core reasons I invested in Bitcoin and later Ethereum and Dash, are related to their decentralized consensus systems. To believe my investment in Bitcoin will grow, all that I need to be confident in is that Bitcoin will be used by more and more people over time. To feel safe investing in Ripple I need to trust the single company that controls it.

Perhaps I am not understanding some key mechanism in the how the Ripple network functions, but I have yet to hear any explanation as to how or why my perspective is not accurate. I see the XRP price growth as irrational and due largely to it’s low price point. I think many crypto investors are simply purchasing what they see as cheap coins not realizing that the standard denomination is arbitrary and that’s why we saw a simultaneous sharp rise in coins like XRP, Stellar, and NEM. They have one thing in common, the standard unit is of a very low value. If the Bitcoin price was listed as the value of one Satoshi (1/100,000,000th of a Bitcoin), I think this effect would have been negated without any change to what the coins are or how they function.

Ripple is working product))) But still not so useful for massmarket)))
caoboinhacso (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:18:18 PM

Ripple is working product))) But still not so useful for massmarket)))
Now, do you invest on Ripple?? I think if global banks accept them, it will only stand after Bitcoin
caoboinhacso (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:21:18 PM

I think Ripple is a trap made by banks to gain the Crypto-currency market control over Bitcoin. So seriously I don't like that coin dear.  Undecided

Your opinion also is an other side about it. However, I see that Ripple is working very well about advertisement and develope community of them
caoboinhacso (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:25:33 PM

I agree with you, because of its mission and purpose that will solve bank issues in the future, that's why investors are interested and invest much on it
kinghenry06

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:59:56 AM

I think Ripple has a good technology that's why a lot of banks are acquiring it. But do not forget the mission of Bitcoin and the power of decentralization.
dhiraj0977

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:23:37 AM

Should be very careful buying Ripple, I have always lost when buying. It works with bank, little bit different with crypto technology, its growth is very less. 

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Sanjeewa101

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:04:22 AM

Ripple will grow like company, But I like ripple
caobahung

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:53:16 AM

Should be very careful buying Ripple, I have always lost when buying. It works with bank, little bit different with crypto technology, its growth is very less. 

I don't understand how you have lost when bought Ripple?? You lost because you are tricked by seller or Ripple coin itself
vbcrypto

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:17:48 PM

I don't believe in Ripple, cause its not a cryptocurrency, Ripple is centralized, and main holder of Ripple founders and friends of founders)))
Asian_Dynasty

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 07:22:37 PM

Ripple is good for investing because many banks support it ) But it not a decentraliazed, so ... if you are investor and want just to earn buy it and keep, if you like free, the idea of blockchain, bitcoin- dont buy it )

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:55:25 PM
Merited by LTU_btc (1)

the ability of making global transactions much more faster and cheaper.  Smiley

Wasn't that one of the purposes of Bitcoin? Cheesy I know XRP is faster and cheaper, but if we are comparing the "mission and purpose" it's very similar.
The main difference is that XRP is really faster, but it's also not meant to be a currency, rather a fast payment system that can improve the existing banking sector, while BTC doesn't aim to help the banking sector. It's meant to show people they can do without  banking.

Fun fact: Do you know that there's 100 billion XRP and half of it in the hands of the creators? The centralization and and dev greed gauges are off the scale with this one.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
OwlAG

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:30:30 AM

I believe that Ripple is a good application of blockchain technology because:
  • it has a purpose - speed up bank transfers
  • since launched, the number of banks using it is growing
  • it has some form of "regulation" - having received the BitLicense from NY State
  • the number of validators keep growing, granting a reduced vulnerability of the system

Though, the system is not decentralised (as for Bitcoin and Ethereum) and this can have some implication, but it requires much lower time to process a transaction and it consumes far less power, making it more efficient.

Virtual currency is a highly speculative market where in the last 3 month we saw XRP going from 0.22 USD (t1) to 3.70 USD (t2) and now back to 1.19 USD (t3), so:
  • t1-t2 period +1,500%
  • t2-t3 period -300%
  • t1-t3 period +580%

I believe that none of these changes is related to any concrete logic. I mean, the price has not increased or decreased due to significant news related to Ripple itself. So, my suggestion would be to probably hold some of them till next speculation boom.

Cheers,  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
nguyenxuanliem57

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:07:08 AM

the ability of making global transactions much more faster and cheaper.  Smiley

Wasn't that one of the purposes of Bitcoin? Cheesy I know XRP is faster and cheaper, but if we are comparing the "mission and purpose" it's very similar.
The main difference is that XRP is really faster, but it's also not meant to be a currency, rather a fast payment system that can improve the existing banking sector, while BTC doesn't aim to help the banking sector. It's meant to show people they can do without  banking.

Fun fact: Do you know that there's 100 billion XRP and half of it in the hands of the creators? The centralization and and dev greed gauges are off the scale with this one.

I totally agree with you! Most investors all doubt about how they can own and control Ripple. I see its price in stock market is more around 1USD, may this thing tells all everything
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:11:34 AM

You really have nothing to lose if you invest in Ripple other than your initial investment...i.e., don't go crazy and invest more than you can afford to lose. Everyone talks about dot.com bubble but for every 10 stocks that crashed, a couple made it to crazy numbers...$100 in Amazon stock in 1997 is now valued at $49,000. HODL my friends.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: