Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:02:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin or Etherium?  (Read 1196 times)
Thadeous
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:18:44 PM

Both coins are supported by most of exchanges. Of course Ethereum is much more popular and capitalized because of ICO and lots of tokens based on it. But I think Litecoin will always be in demand as an old-school crypto, same as Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rudyrista123

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:31:15 PM

On this occasion I prefer ethereum rather than litecoin. because ethereum is better known and its value is much more advanced than litecoin. Most ICO and Airdrop projects are also Ethereal-Based. Maybe later litecoin becomes second choice for me.
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:57:11 PM

On this occasion I prefer ethereum rather than litecoin. because ethereum is better known and its value is much more advanced than litecoin. Most ICO and Airdrop projects are also Ethereal-Based. Maybe later litecoin becomes second choice for me.

I too would choose ETH. I had read an article that ETH network is working on small projects and utilizing its crypto Ether into it. The experts say, buy end of December 2018, ETH price value would reach from $3K to $4.5K. If you look at the growth in coinmarketcap, its healthy. This is the right situation to buy more ETH for cheaper rates.
Xtra_Coin

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:00:35 AM

I think that you made a good choice investing in these coins. I prefer the etherium more. But for example, you can also consider NEO as a coin for investors.

MkGregor

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

Bitcoinus Community Manager

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 12:00:52 AM

I do not think, that having 100% of your portfolio anywhere single is a good idea, however, just before the latest volatility came, I have moved all my funds to ETH, and only now starting to spread them out again buying coins on sale. Because of this move, and also because of the correct timing, I have not lost as much as I could have lost, if I stayed in BTC, or altcoins. So for me - ETH at the moment. However it will not always be like this, and LTC also have something going for it.

BITCOINUS // BITCOIN PAYMENTS IN 2 SECONDS CUTTING EDGE PAYMENT PROCESSING  (https://www.bitcoinus.io/)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:09:05 AM

You don't need to think on why you must keep invested to litecoin or ethereum. As you mentioned they have both qualities that you can use for the meanwhile when bitcoin is rising and fees are too high for transferring. I have these two great coins on my portfolio and if you have 100% whether you choose ETH or LTC it does matter on the partitioning of the total amount. But when it comes to choice, I would glad to have them in my portfolio of long term hold.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Bitbitmaker

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:19:03 AM

Ethereum is very good prospect in the future like bitcoin, so I chose it. But the best choice - to keep both coins.
outdoorminer

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:39:50 AM

What about the flaws in the ETH network?  Didn't some people get their wallets frozen and lose all their money?

I want to invest in ETH but there has been some cockups over the last year or two.
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:48:35 AM

I’d prefer ethereum since i think that it has an amazing future, it’s more promising than ltc. When u say crypto, eth is the only coin that people say after btc. It’s strong, reliable and its price gonna increase better.

dominasikoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:56:09 AM

Ethereum for me,
i think this is a good time to buy more ETH on march until may, at the end of this year, the price will explode maybe reach $5k, you can see ETH's price development, this coin is one of the promising coin to invest for a long-term investment.
Original sin

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:02:50 AM

both, with lots of GVT mixed in
jdbao

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:11:23 AM

So as a back story, I am heavily invested into these two coins. Each one of them has their specific uses and I personally think that Etherium can do all the things that Litecoin can do, and then some. Litecoin's primary use is to transfer money from one place to another. You can do that with any cryptocurrency, and ETH offers that option as well, along with the same if not cheaper type of fees as LTC.
Now, they also offer smart contracts which will attract ICO's to use ETH. So with that being said, if you had to portion out 100% of your portfolio with either LTC or ETH, how would you populate it and why? I need some convincing on why I should stay invested in LTC.

What I have learned is that Litecoin is mainly for payment purposes, and BCH is also, I think they will become competitors.
ETH is focused on the application of the blockchain, currently is a dominance. So, if I choose, I will choose ETH.
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:19:36 AM

So as a back story, I am heavily invested into these two coins. Each one of them has their specific uses and I personally think that Etherium can do all the things that Litecoin can do, and then some. Litecoin's primary use is to transfer money from one place to another. You can do that with any cryptocurrency, and ETH offers that option as well, along with the same if not cheaper type of fees as LTC.
Now, they also offer smart contracts which will attract ICO's to use ETH. So with that being said, if you had to portion out 100% of your portfolio with either LTC or ETH, how would you populate it and why? I need some convincing on why I should stay invested in LTC.

I prefer to invest on ethereum, if you are going to look at the charts and how the ethereum achieved its value today starting from $200 then you will notice that this coin does really have the potential while the value of litecoins today is still stuck at $300 even it was released years ago.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:32:12 AM

This is my opinion not a financial advice. I will go for ethereum any time any day. Ethereum have great future potential . More smarts contracts will be deployed on the ethereum network. which will drive the price up steadily  
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:34:32 AM

You can choose litecoin solely for investment purposes, its value changes more dynamically than ethereum so you can count on LTC in terms of short term investment. But ethereum on the other hand, is more reliable in terms of its value and functionality.

feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:35:19 AM

i choose ethereum then litecoin.
because ethereum has many ERC20 tokens user on their network.
the ICO's that use ethereum network is so many.
rapsa2018

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:57:31 AM

i choose ethereum then litecoin.
because ethereum has many ERC20 tokens user on their network.
the ICO's that use ethereum network is so many.

Yes your correct Ethereum is so much uses and also mew wallet.
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:05:08 AM

Choosing an altcoin between ethereum and litecoin will be depending on your capital.
The price of this two coins in the market before is just tied up in the middle of 2017 but it happens that ethereum has showed up some potential after the pumping of market last december, so it will still depend on you if you are going to invest on either eth or litecoin.
I prefer that you choose ethereum because it really shows that this coin can manage to increase its price even it was dumped before when the ico's has been banned in china.
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:20:51 AM

For myself it may be using ethereum because now ethereum is very widely used but for long term litecoin will be very good because litecoin is old coin which has "tasted" bitter sweetness of market price  Grin
valentinen39

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:26:17 AM

Ethereum is the best altcoin that you can invest today because this coin does really have the potential to grow. Holding eth will make you earn a lot of profit rather than other altcoins because it does have the chance to become the next bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: