Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:36:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Dogecoin still not adaptable ?  (Read 192 times)
mc.craigsvictor (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:41:13 AM

Dogecoin is very old coin since bitcoin but still it is struggling to gain much popularity.
What your views about it ?
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5724

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:10:38 AM

Are you seriously comparing DOGE with Bitcoin?

Bitcoin is a serious project and a possible currency/asset of the future.
While Dogecoin was just a joke when it started, it got a lot of attention than what they expected that made it popular even today.

These pretty much summarizes Dogecoin's history:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=374376.msg4008833#msg4008833
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364429.msg3891661#msg3891661
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370841.msg3962090#msg3962090
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=372180.msg3978729#msg3978729
You can judge it yourself, is Dogecoin adaptable?

It's funny, though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:32:41 AM

It's a comic coin, it grows and falls in a narrow price range.
And it is suitable only for converting and fast translations, because it has high speed and scanty commissions.

But there are many analogues that are more promising than the Doge)

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

parekoy

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 09:36:06 AM

Dogecoin is very old coin since bitcoin but still it is struggling to gain much popularity.

I think Dogecoin has nothing more but only a coin for everyone. Unlike new Altcoins today, they have their own unique projects so that their tokens or coins will be useful for their products and services advantages.
Dogecoin is a good coin I believe but investors and traders today are looking for something that will generate more money or trades over loyalty.
If you are holding large amount of DogeCoin then you can hold it as long as you can but in the real world of Cryptocurrency market today is a coin or token that has paired with good projects that is useful for most of the people.

parekoy

HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 09:40:32 AM

The few coins that is only for trading use are Bitcoin, Bitcoin forks, Ethereum etc. These are the coins that supposedly meant for payments for market products and services but now they're actually used as assets and trading purposes and Dogecoin was about to adapted this way but seems Billion coin supply isn't that much win the heart of traders and investors because as we look for it's history, DogeCoin is nothing but as a Digital Currency that means nothing in the current market sense.
DogeCoin is a good coin but that; s it! nothing more. 

pasagir

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 09:44:12 AM

Common shit coin.
I don't see any prospects for this coin. Fundamentally no.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:45:48 AM

It doesn't mean that if a single cryptocurrency existed for a very long time it must be popular and adopted by many people just like Bitcoin. You have to consider what makes that cryptocurrency special, is that coin can solve a problem or have any use? is the technology good? is there any development that is being done by the developers? Dogecoin is a meme cryptocurrency and it has unlimited supply while the developers of the project stopped making any changes or development for this coin. So what do you expect? It is popular for having small transaction fee and fast transfer time other than that nothing special.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:50:45 AM

Yes Dogecoin is quite an old coin, but it has very seriously proven itself. Do you mean why they do not make new wallets? Because as far as I can remember, when I tried to install a purse, for a long time I could not understand what the problem was, and the problem was in the old libraries.
tornikejr

Activity: 228

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:52:11 AM

Doge coin doesn't have any future perspective to grow. There is too many doge in circulation.
However it is good to transfer money quickly between exchanges with very low transaction fee.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
Raist

Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:54:51 AM

Yep. Dogecoin is a sh*tcoin and has nothing to do with everything. It is here for 4 years and today's volume is $16 916 000 USD. Also http://blocktivity.info/ shows me that Doge has more transactions  than Dash and BCH. But wait - that doesn't mean anything. Just another sh*tcoin.  
lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:57:34 AM

The large number of coins in circulation makes this coin as if it is not as popular as it used to be. But this coin is also good for short-term trading only. I do not recommend this coin for long-term hold.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
JunkieMiner

Activity: 412

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:28:16 AM

I think Dogecoin has nothing more but only a coin for everyone. Unlike new Altcoins today, they have their own unique projects so that their tokens or coins will be useful for their products and services advantages.

Ahh come on! So you want to tell me youre using any coin for something more than speculations with its price on the market? Pfff

███ TWITTER █████████████████ LIANG ████████████████████ WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN ██████ Banking Eco-System █████ FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM █████████████████ AMM ███████████████████ MEDIUM ███
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:43:54 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 10:56:50 AM by hase0278

Yep. Dogecoin is a sh*tcoin and has nothing to do with everything. It is here for 4 years and today's volume is $16 916 000 USD. Also http://blocktivity.info/ shows me that Doge has more transactions  than Dash and BCH. But wait - that doesn't mean anything. Just another sh*tcoin.  
If I were you I wouldn't call it as another sh*tcoin since it is a coin with it's uses of it's own besides those others referred as sh*tcoins. It can be used for a fast and cheap transaction nowadays and also in gambling. Although that is the case, I agree that Doge doesn't have anything to do with the current price movements and everything else
manlyxman

Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:46:19 AM

Is the dogecoin developer still around? I heard it was abandoned.

So I don't think doge will survive for long in the future. Despite its low fees.
abuzubu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:55:11 AM

New developer maybe open new doors.
nipponbit

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:09:12 AM

I think that Doge is much popular cryptocurrency with big usage, strong community and high liqudity.

But it's out of top, just because of lack of development.
There's no strong team behind it, no real foundation, no roadmap...

If once it all appears, we really can see Doge at top-25.
Raist

Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:12:17 AM

If I were you I wouldn't call it as another sh*tcoin since it is a coin with it's uses of it's own besides those others referred as sh*tcoins. It can be used for a fast and cheap transaction nowadays and also in gambling. Although that is the case, I agree that Doge doesn't have anything to do with the current price movements and everything else

Probably I need to learn how to express my irony less subtly. 
Bryan13

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:31:40 AM

Because dodgecoin have a huge amount of supply the price are too cheap but most investor stil patronize the bitcoin and other top altcoin that the reason I see why dodgecoin stil not adaptable in the market but the one thing that I love dogecoin is the transaction fee are too low.
markers

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:45:13 AM

I believe that DOGE has its market niche. It is really useful if you need to transfer coins fast and at low costs, the features that DOGE can easily assist you with.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:53:24 AM

because Doge is a pure shitcoin through and through.

think about it, what does Doge do? nothing! it only has faster blocks and no cap with a huge supply.
to gain any real attention and rise in value for real a coin has to have something unique and more importantly useful and doge has neither of these two. and on top of that it has an unlimited supply!

there will surely be pumps and short term profit because that is how the altcoin market works but in long term there is no hope for coins like it.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: