Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie starting out where to invest $500  (Read 569 times)
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:33:29 PM

As the title suggest new to crypto, small investment of $500, which coins should I be looking to invest in?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

500$ is not so much, but still a viable amount to start investing. Buying Bitcoin, ETH or BCH is not viable for you since their price is too expensive, so it's better to concentrate on cheaper altcoins. This is a very good website to analyze coins: https://coinmarketcap.com/

There are lots of interesting projects in the crypto-community so you may choose several coins or tokens. I can make some suggestion: Waves, Omisego, Cindicator and Santiment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sharifbd

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:42:02 PM

As the title suggest new to crypto, small investment of $500, which coins should I be looking to invest in?

I think it is not proper time for a newbie to invest in cryptocurrency world.Because there are many coins.If you don't know more about crypto coins,you can loss.So research more before invest.then you will find which coin is suitable right now for getting profit.
upekhaanthony

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:09:27 PM

As a first step, you can buy some eth or btc for $500. Investing in ICO is give more return than any other existing coin. I like recommend on going ICO. Daneel project is good project to invest .

Daneel is IBM Watson powered smart AI assistance for manage your crypto currency asserts.  I expect 10X growth with  in very short period.

Why Daneel ,

* Technology -   IBM Watson platform.
                       IBM Watson is most powerful Artificial Intelligence in the fields of Natural Language and   Data and Emotional
                        Analysis.This technology can predict and manage asset by processing real time market data.

* Project idea -  Manage your cryptocurrency portfolio with deep AI market analyze.

* Partnerships - Daneel has solid partnership IBM company and many partnership reputed company has to come.

Daneel will return more profit than investing on existing coin on market. Daneel is very smooth and stable project

visit : https://daneel.io/ for more information.

ZCoinTalk

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:24:35 PM

Maybe pick one, two or three coins (depending on price) from the CoinMarketCap top 50 and invest in those.
If you hold them for a while, they can give you a nice profit margin.

You can also do some day trading on an exchange like Binance. It has low fees.
Check my signature for the link.
belphegory

Activity: 65
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 05:26:34 AM

1. Buy low.....sell high. That's it. That's all there is to Trading....

But....there are other considerations:

Don't be greedy.

Don't put all your eggs into 1 basket.

What goes up..must come down....and versa visa.

Do your research....read up before you put money into it. (That goes for exchanges as well) Check on Cryptocompare.com for reviews about various exchanges.

Stay away from ICO's. Most are scams.

Don't trade or invest more than you willing to lose....crypto's are volatile. But if you panic and want to sell at a loss...just wait...markets always come back up again.

You need to think in terms of 10 to 30 days...even more. 50 to 100 days is even better. A dip in the market that seems huge is a blip on the radar when compared over time.

Learn how to read markets and Standard Moving Averages. Look on Youtube.com for cryptotraders...Datadash is one of the better ones...he also has some very nice trading
beginner videos on what websites to use and tools to help you start out.

And last but not least....read this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2699356.0

Smiley

Good luck and happy trading!

RenBct

Activity: 233

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:09:04 AM

Investing $500 is a good amount to start but if you want to earn while learning convert your fiat to BTC and trade it to alts a bit until you get the hang of it, but keep in mind you can still loose in doing that.

Dansamiv

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:59:16 AM

$ 500 is enough money to invest in the cryptocurrency market. I recommend you follow the market regularly, need to create a plan and investment strategy. I think a bit altcoin would suit your investment conditions.
OxanaOrg

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:15:57 AM

Я инвecтиpoвaл двa мecяцa нaзaд, cpaзy пocлe Hoвoгo гoдa, Toгдa pынoк был нa выcoтe и тeпepь пoчти вce мoи мoнeт нaxoдятcя в 50% пpocaдкe, Я выбиpaл мoнeты из тoп 20 Teпepь я cижy ждy кoгдa вce oтpacтeт ( cтaл инвecтopoм в дoлгocpoк) Ceй чac oчeнь выгoднoe вpeмя для вxoдa
maremostro

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:11:13 PM

u might be late for gto . icx good bet. look for icon like icos that will be a platform for future blockchain real life aplications maybe gbx will be the next icon
techit

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:42:50 PM

$500 is a bit small to invest in mining,
But you can start mining newly launched gpu only coins with little extra cost.
chulos

Activity: 268
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:56:22 PM

Investing in cryptocurrencies can be a pretty decent financial injection. The intensity of the financial benefit you can print from such an injection depends on a number of factors. In particular, it is important to consider whether your selected cryptocurrency potential is growing.
Use your $ 500 to buy BTC, ETH and LTC. It's about buying currencies that have a strong past and an even stronger future. Investing in cryptocurrencies is definitely worthwhile, but you must be aware that you have no financial guarantees. Always consider any risk.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
vbcrypto

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:36:55 PM

Hi, invest this sum in first 10 coins.
unknownbtcoiner

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:27:48 AM

A newbie here so no idea about such complex thoughts
LeMoon

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:40:55 AM

I started out a couple of weeks ago , with a similair amount of money. Not really the best time to start.
I found them trough coinmarketcap and mostly invested in some of the top 20 coins , when you click on them you can do some research.
Just keep reading on this forum and you will learn a lot , there is still a lot to learn in terms of security and some more unknown coins.
ICOWATERCoin

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:34:38 AM

most trading sites have demo account to test. like upcoin, eosfinix and so on.

Or get in Beta to test, write mail and you are in.
ICOWATERCoin

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:35:46 AM

By the maincoins and wait one year is in secure option.
sportadz

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:55:28 AM

Hi, another newbie here.  I would like to invest long term i.e. buy and hold but I question how much higher Bitcoin can reach so I am looking at altcoins.  My issue is that there are so many available with more and more options coming available and surely they can't all be super-successful. It reminds me of the dot com bubble with penny shares so I understand that I need to look at fundamentals behind each of the offerings rather than just blindly buying a host of coins in the hope that they will rise. Having done some research online the following seem to be widely considered as alt coins with real potential:

EOS
Cardana
Vertcoin
Siacoin
Cypherium
DeepOnion

Would fellow members consider it a viable option to spread £1500 across these options in the hope of long term rises or should I adopt a more cautious approach investing in higher priced options (Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Eth etc) or indeed a more aggressive approach opting for less well known but cheaper entry offerings?

Any help or advice greatly recieved.
Rocky69

Activity: 429

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:07:37 PM

few tips learn to be patient you will get your turn to earn money , learn about Crypto currencies by following the forums on Bitcoin talk or other social media accounts
Now coming to investment spilt it between coins which are old and having good market cap on Coin Market cap  i.e BTC , Eth, Ripple , Litecoin  and new tokens or coins like Electroneum, DGTX etc   . Put around 400 % USD in BTC , Eth, Ripple , Litecoin   while balance 100 USD in Electroneum, DGTX et
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:20:48 PM

It depends if you want to risk or just invest and wait, in second case just invest in first five coins if you want to risk try to buy some thrash coins and wait for their pump (you could lost everything fast too).

Ulticon

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:46:15 PM

You can buy a small amount of bitcoins with it I think at this time of dip.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: