Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You've been scammed. What you can do ?  (Read 1281 times)
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:10:40 PM

There is not much that you can do. The only way to catch a hacker is to watch his addresses and when he send your coins to some exchange and you contact the exchange before he withdraw, you can lock his account and prove to the exchange that those funds are yours.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:21:58 PM

So everything is in the title.
What can you do when you have been scammed ? what are your possibilities to recover your funds, I mean here in the community, excepting going and report to the police.
What I would recommend for you is stay away from newbie seller if
there's not an escrow available, use active trusted seller on this forum to get
your service or goods done deals successfully, you can also find help here at
the Scam Accusations thread

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:25:55 PM

Recovering the funds isn't going to happen, or at least, it is very VERY unlikely to happen regardless of the situation. Once the funds leave your wallet you would need access to their private keys or seed phrase to recover it from theirs. Not even law enforcement would be able to obtain that without their permission, unless they're completely stupid.
matanglawin

Activity: 372

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:34:45 PM

What can you do when you have been scammed ? what are your possibilities to recover your funds, I mean here in the community, excepting going and report to the police.
Well I think you just have to accept it and move on. Acts related to scam should already be on the users' mind and they should be awared of that in order for them to avoid such thing to happen. Everything is anonymous with cryptos since everything is virtual. If you were already been into this situation, just move on and learn from it in order to avoid this thing to again happen.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:35:18 PM

Well, being that crypto is still a highly unregulated market, there's no choice but to accept and start cutting your're loses.
   We should try to learn from our mistakes, or short comings. Remember to try and practice your due diligence for every pontential investment. The best thing to due is study the scene, learn the ends and the outs of investing.

Investopedia is a vast tool for learning how to invest. I believe they even have a market simulator game.
www.investopedia.com

BountyX

Activity: 352

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:35:58 PM

Your only hope to get back the scammed money is either to convince FBI, NSA and other powerful agencies to really try to solve your case, or to have the telephone number of the scammers and propose them a deal. In all other cases, forget about it.

binghope

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:36:32 PM

It is hard to do something in the internet if you don't know the person who spam of you. A lot of spams happened in the last few years but only a little of them been catched.
If I was cheated, I would probably let go. No way to get our money back once lost on the internet. No one can intervene in losing our money. So be careful over the top.
warrenbuffet786a

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:42:17 PM

You cannot do much in cryptoworld unless you have -> a very particular set of skills; skills you have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make You a nightmare for people who scam you ( Taken movie ) Grin get it ?
Other way is learn from your mistakes and move on ...
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:48:19 PM

I think you cant do anything when you have been scammed, you cant recover your funds. Internet is very complex, if you click a wrong tab then probably there will be sonething wrong and you cant correct it, just like in bitcoin wallet. I suggest that, create a new one then, be responsible and knowledgeable about the environment.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
blue_dragon

Activity: 251